Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Acc vs Att vs Dmg

Which is better? I am new to BLM and about to start my magian trials and I am wandering which would be more beneficial to me? It's a toss up between Shareeravaldi(Magic Acc+16) / (Magic Att Bonus +12 INT +9) or a Varuna's Staff( Magic Acc +1 Magic DMG +5).
    (0)

2. 03-15-2011 06:26 PM
    Reason
    Answer completely incorrect due to lack of knowing the job.

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Ignore what the last poster said. Even H.Q. Staves are better than Shareeravaldi.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ca...g_Magic_Damage

This is a bit dated but it may be useful to help you obtain a basic understanding of how to assess different gear choices. H.Q.

Here's some more info about magic affinity.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Magic_Affinity
    (0)

varuna's staff, varuna's staff, Varuna's Staff!!!

As mojo's link above will show you the damage it gives beats any staff currently in the game. The acc may look slightly lacking but seeing as blm's have the highest elemental magic skill in the game it doesn't matter. A well geared blm will still have a caped acc while using that staff.
    (0)
    Last edited by Darkwizardzin; 07-30-2011 at 07:24 AM.

Character
    Lordtrey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    To agree with others, DO NOT MAKE A MACC/MAB staff. The affinity staffs are the way to go! The guy in the first reply answered a question he had no clue what even meant let alone gave even a close to correct answer.
    (0)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    LordTrey, even the affinity staves have magic accuracy and magic bonus. So you're kind of backtracking on yourself a bit and possibly confusing svengalis.

Make a Varuna's Staff +2 with Magic Accuracy +1, Magic Damage +5, Elemental Casting time -12%.

If you have the patience, energy, and time, make these for all of the elements.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Kuvo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I've finally got blm leveled up to 90 but my main job is a lvl 90 rdm. I haven't done any of the staff trials yet and was going to go after the Varuna's Staff +2 to use for both jobs. I would suggest this staff for the original poster as well. The question I will ask is where to start this trial. I mean at level 90 now the mobs the original guide shows are too weak now and i'm not sure where to find EXP treants to a lvl 90 and find the weather to match? Also are you able to collect 3-4 staff trials and work on them together? Cause if so i'll look to get a few staff's to start the trial.
    (0)

kuvo even at level 90 the old guide still applys. Any monster that gives exp at 75 will give exp at 90 (just much much less) thus those guides are still in effect.
    (0)
    Last edited by Darkwizardzin; 07-30-2011 at 07:25 AM.

Character
    Kuvo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Oh ok thank you Dark, obviously i wasn't able to check up on that in-game. So as soon as the servers go back up i'll check it out.
    (0)