Player

Beastmaster and Nyzul Isle Uncharted

I've seen a few shouts for this event and every time I try to get in on BST people tell GTFO or bring a real DD job. Now, I'm a little confused. The vast majority of the mobs are Easy Prey-Decent Challenge and and bst pets deal very impressive damage on these foes. I did a few trials on the test server and Tiger hits the EP-DC mobs for 250~300, crits for 400~+500, Ruinator does 1800~2500 with the odd spikes of +3k. As to be expected, those numbers fall off on NMs like Chariots and such but tiger was still doing 200+ on melee and 300+ criticals. BST also means less healing since pets take the brunt of attacks and they are unaffected by things like gear wipe and charm, which some of these NM like to use.
    Was unable to try bst on the Boss Floors, but I would be really interested to know how a Group of 2~3 BST with proper support would fair in this event.
    (1)

Character
    Vassago
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Square-Enix wants Beastmaster to be Damage Dealers but the world says they aren't very good at it compared to other dedicated Damage dealers. While that is correct, i think a group with little to no healing/support would do better if they go as Beastmasters.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    It's the way the game is unfortunately.

Doesn't matter how good a job becomes, people will never change their opinions. Your best bet is to /blist them and try elsewhere. The little damage a properly geared BST loses over other DD's they gain back in their pet.
    (1)

not to mention beast is a kick-ass puller, a good tank soloing adds, etc. It's cookie cutter thinking, been a problem on this game since the very first discussion forum. Amazing how much "knowledge" blocks "thought"...
    (0)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    BST was amazing in regular Nyzul, anyone who tells you otherwise either hasn't seen a decent BST in action there, or is completely ignorant. Can't see why uncharted would be a whole lot different. Once mobs get below that even match point, BST's damage will shine. Not to mention that we're totally autonomous and provide good magic based WS damage. Find a group that isn't full of idiots.
    (0)