Character
    Revidnav
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 55

Help with the Xbox 360 PLZ!!!

Ok so I just recently started back up on FFXI. I play it on the PC, but my wife wants to play it on the XBOX 360. I'm also trying to get her the Destrier Beret, as well as all the expansions/add-ons. Sooo.....

Do I need to buy a copy of FFXI for the 360, a digital copy for the PC (for the Destrier Beret code), AND pay for ANOTHER monthly subscription? Or is their an easier/cheaper way...?

PLEASE tell me there is a cheaper way.
    (0)

Character
    Jehosephat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    if you both want to play at the same time. you need separate accounts, as in you need to pay the 11 bucks for each one, not the add a dollar for another character. if u dont want to do that, u CAN just add another character for a dollar, but if will be on the same account and you CANT log on at the same time.
    (0)

Character
    Revidnav
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 55
    Yeah I figured that... So I'm going to have to drop $100 for the Xbox version, $20 for the Destrier Beret, and then $11/month just so my wife can play with me on the Xbox and enjoy the game the way I do...
    (0)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Dunno the US prices, but the cheapest way is probably to buy FFXI Ultimate Abyssea Edition and register it as a second account for your wife on your PC (relatively cheap these days isn't it? Steam do it for a few of your American bucks?), setting up w/e second monthly fee ($11?).

Then buy a used copy of the Xbox360 version for next to nothing (codes already registered) and install it to your Xbox360 - you need to make sure it includes the main expansions only, ie Wings of the Goddess (all the others were included in the X360's original release), don't worry about Abyssea and mini-expansions.

You can then log in on your Xbox with either your or your wife's details, and once the ten hours of updates have run, actually play with each other!

In summary, yeah, what you said, but it can be a used copy of FFXI off eBay or something for a few bucks because you won't need the codes. Hope that helps...
    (1)

Character
    Revidnav
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 55
    That's great. The only real problem i had was dropping $100 on an unused copy for the Xbox, the rest I expected. I hope that works. Thanks! :-)
    (0)