Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinius View Post
    If it turns out to be an EX scroll, then "extremely difficult to obtain" damn well better not just mean "extremely low probably to drop from something". Because so help me god, if they implement this in such a way that it is nothing but dumb luck and "winning the lottery" strategy to obtain, I'm not going to be happy.

There are 2 measures of extreme difficulty in FFXI. Luck and gil. That's what the devs have shown us over the years. I'm not sure why now would be any different.
    (0)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    Would be really nice if they just told us what they have planned, we all know they plan this stuff way way in advance so they know what hoops they are going to make us jump through already. Far better to tell us now and maybe evaluate th eplayers reaction at a point when they can possibly make some changes than wait till the last minute.
    Last time they told us what they had planned in advance, it was level 99 r/m/e trials, and that spawned a category 5 !@#$ storm. It made it worse than it would have been if they simply sprung it on us because we told them it was a bad idea and it needed to change, but they stuck with it anyways. So now we're not just mad at them because the trials are stupid, but we're mad at them because the trials are stupid AND they didn't listen to our pleas. Sure, we want to know in advance, but it looks like a bad idea overall from SE's side unless they're actually seeking feedback.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Incoming time restricted event where the best strategy for winning is to sack several mobs and araise everyone as fast as possible.
    (3)

Character
    Zagam
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    Voidwatch and career paladins trying to get the -dt body from kaggen says hi, this is exactly what happend there.
    Its comments like this that should make SE force people to post with game names.

And Araise is not game breaking in any way. The only people that will get use of it are the zombie zerg gimps that spend more time weak then not. Never mind, remember where I was posting. Carry on.
    (1)
    Last edited by zagam; 02-22-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Character
    Divinius
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    There are 2 measures of extreme difficulty in FFXI. Luck and gil. That's what the devs have shown us over the years. I'm not sure why now would be any different.
    If that's my choice, then I choose "gil". At least it makes it something I can work toward, rather than something I have to roll the dice a thousand times on, and have the same chance of getting it at roll #1 as I do at roll #10000.

Quote Originally Posted by zagam View Post
    Araise is not game breaking in any way. The only people that will get use of it are the zombie zerg gimps that spend more time weak then not.
    Exactly. It's not even remotely "game-breaking". It is simply (as others have said) just another impossible to achieve "carrot", this time for WHMs.
    (1)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9