Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Considering they claim 99 mythic/relic/emps super easy to obtain, I fear what they mean by "extremely difficult"...
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    It will only go to Japanese players! Gajin do not deserve Arise w.

But seriously...you probably get it in "The Last Stand" or the very very end of Legion or something.

I could only see an AoE Raise be used by Phoenix...if summoners could ever get her, but no that would require the far east being accessible which I doubt they'd do, cause you know BALANCE.

Edit: I could see a series of quests & pre-quests that'd be needed, i'd hope like Sleepga II
    (1)
    Last edited by Tohihroyu; 02-19-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    New spells should never be super difficult to obtain. We don't make warriors collect 60 absolute virtue toenails to get Aggressor, so why should mages have to jump through hoops to get a cool new toy? I draw the line at the themed bosses for avatar spells- At least there the goal is clear and the effort makes sense.
    (4)

Character
    Palo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm holding out for hastega and HOLY Sh@#
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohihroyu View Post

But seriously...you probably get it in "The Last Stand" or the very very end of Legion or something.

I could only see an AoE Raise be used by Phoenix...if summoners could ever get her, but no that would require the far east being accessible which I doubt they'd do, cause you know BALANCE.

Edit: I could see a series of quests & pre-quests that'd be needed, i'd hope like Sleepga II
    Those are all too obtainable by SE's standard. You must first complete your Relic Hammer to 99, then you must trade in 10 PW items, then wait 1 JP week and turn in 10,000 Alex and a 10,000 Byne Bill. After that your placed in a BCNM vs Neo-Shriyu and most kill him solo without abyssea items / brews. If you lose then you must wait another JP week and get another 10,000 alex and Byne's.

That should pretty much sum up "extremely difficult" by SE's standards.
    (0)

Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    I can say with a fair degree of certainty that you, I and most other people that want this spell will never be getting it after reading that. They didn't say with some difficulty, they didn't even say difficult.. they said extreme difficulty (when was the last time they used that term? Stage 2 relic trials I think?). That doesn't mean you will be able to get it with some challenge or from a long series of quests, it means you ain't getting it at all because it will be from something so ridiculous that it will not only require 18-32 players to whatever it is that drops it but it will have a miniscule % drop rate, you might as well forget it (think rare drop from AV at 75 attainable and you will probably be close to it). I highly doubt it will be sellable either, so it will have a R/E tag. Best to just forget it right now as to not be dissapointed lol

This is going to be a spell that pretty much nobody will have, it won't be like some players having a relic is now it will be so rare that if someone casts it in a few years time you won't know wtf it is cause it will be the first time you see the spell. This is not in any way an update to whm and should not be listed as such, updates to a job should be things listed that all players or the vast majorty are going to be able to obtain. Extreme difficulty with this dev team = forget about it.

We are now in the era of content designed to block players from doing it and gear with stats they don't want you to have which is given as rewards in such a way to make sure most players won't get it. If they thought players were going to be able to get this spell they would not give it the stats they are, if they thought most players would be able to get 99 relics they would of nerfed the end result back, if they thought most players would be able to get to floor 99 in neo nyzul the last floor rewards would be of the quality that floor 60 mobs give right now. They are adding spells and gear which are basically pipe dream stuff, you ain't getting it and it's only purpose is to serve as the carrot or as a goal for status orientated players to work for to be seen as better than the rest of us.
    This post is like a great big checklist of all the points you make in response to nearly every thread. I think you should call it Runespider's Theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    New spells should never be super difficult to obtain. We don't make warriors collect 60 absolute virtue toenails to get Aggressor, so why should mages have to jump through hoops to get a cool new toy? I draw the line at the themed bosses for avatar spells- At least there the goal is clear and the effort makes sense.
    We don't make warriors collect 60 AV toenails. They just have to get 50 Glavoid Shells, 50 Itzpapalotl Scales, and 75 Orthrus Claws. ^^
    (2)
    Last edited by Mahoro; 02-19-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Character
    Lafaiel
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    This could be the greatest crisis we've ever faced.

(if SE says this is going to be extremely difficult to obtain, I would just forget about it and it if falls in your lap from some dumb stroke of luck, then its time to pack it up and quit like those people that finish a relic and then quit.)
    (0)

We don't make warriors collect 60 AV toenails. They just have to get 50 Glavoid Shells, 50 Itzpapalotl Scales, and 75 Orthrus Claws. ^^
    Comparing Gear to Spells really?

Then in the defense of Analhelm, Yagrush for WHM, Nirvana for SMN, Every Elemental Magian Staff for BLM and SCH, and RDM....

Everything i just named is 200x More difficult than the Loldifficulty of a Ukonvasara, and on top of it, they still have to pay out the ass for spells, On top of their Normal Gear Difficulty.

I'm not saying i agree with making everything easy, like Arise, though.
    (7)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 02-19-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Sure, ok. Comparing job timesink to timesink. Heh, 1st stage Mythic vs. Ukon. Stacking the deck out the gate eh?
    (2)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohihroyu View Post

SERIOUSLY, ZEID IS DISAPPOINTED WITH YOUR LACK OF ORIGINALITY :|
    (1)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast