Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Linkshell Member online notifications.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a feature to notify (in the chat log) when a Linkshell Member has equipped their Linkpearl (or just come online with the Linkpearl already equipped) Most other MMO's I've played have this basic function. Also an option to filter this information so you can't see it if you don't want to be notified.

#playerName# has entered #linkshellName#.
    (7)
    Last edited by Dazusu; 02-18-2012 at 09:58 AM.

Is this really needed? I've played Wow and I've seen how the guild system works there, what you're suggesting is annoying as crap honestly..in big guilds it's constantnly beeping as people log on or off and on small ones it's a non-issue. It's ok if your used to it on WoW but players here aren't and it's obnoxious, if people want to tell you they logged on they can say so if they don't why does it matter?
    (3)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I would absolutely love this. It's not just in other MMOGs, but in any other chatroom-like protocol that you can see people joining/leaving. This was another thing that bothered me so much at first (after being used to IRC, and well, everything else) but that I got used to over time to the point that I didn't even think of bringing it up. It would help a lot with seeing when other people d/c and you don't have to waste your time talking. Maybe can make it so that others don't see you join if you're invisible (on POL).
    (3)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    As long as the option's there to filter it out, if a decent amount of people want it and it's relatively simple to implement, sounds like a good idea.

I'd have the filter on
    (0)

Character
    Zikon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yeah as long as options to filter would be good!
    (0)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    annoying as crap honestly..in big guilds it's constantnly beeping as people log on or off
    Did you read my whole post? "Also an option to filter this information so you can't see it if you don't want to be notified."

In addition to that, as posted above, it wont notify people of logon/logoff if that person is set to invisible.
    (4)
    Last edited by Dazusu; 02-17-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Great idea. Anything to help ls leaders with organization is a good addition imo.
    (0)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    This notification would be nice for parties and friend list to.
    (1)

Character
    Uhnono
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Good suggestion. A full overhaul of LS system and interface would be nice too, but this would be a good start. Also taking the community site out of beta one of these years would be nice too and making it more streamlined. Put SNS linking/sharing in as well like the FFXIII-2 devs did for that game. Then perhaps players would be more apt to use an the official LS community site rather than linking to some 3rd party site filled with trolls and petty little people who will rate you down for being able to HQ food and other crafts more often than them.
    (2)
    Last edited by llello; 02-18-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Character
    Elgorian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    What if I don't always want people to know I just logged on @_@ I may sometimes want some peace and quiet when I first get on and not alert every person in LS that I just got on >_>

I have a feeling I'm not the only one that feels this way,

Also, if you wanna know who's on theres a linkshell list.

Against it personally, with or without filter.
    (8)
    Jobs: MNK99 PLD99 WHM99 BLM99

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast