Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

[dev1091] Spirit Adjustments: Light Spirit's Haste and Regen

I'm happy about everything that was announced regarding spirits. Despite the fact that SMN loses 6 yellow stagger spells in Abyssea (the tier IV nukes, which do matter if you solo NMs there), overall the announcement is very welcome.

However, I would like it if the developers remove Haste (a wind-element spell that SMN/WHM and SMN/RDM can cast at 99, and Garuda has Hastega too) and Regen from Light Spirit. These two spells waste a lot of time (due to the long cast time between spells for spirits, even with Relic pants, which I have macroed in) if I'm about to fight an NM with a friend who's not on a job that can cast high-tier Protect and Shell spells, and when I solo, I'd like Light Spirit just to get to the point and cast Protect and Shell. His mischievous Regen and Haste spells aren't cute. They never were.

I think Haste should be absolutely removed from Light Spirit. It's wind magic and all Summoners have Hastega from Garuda, and most Summoners have Haste from their subjob.

The duration for Regen is also so short that it can wear before Light Spirit has finished casting Protect and Shell on my friend and me, and then Light Spirit likes to reapply Regen before doing his job.

An upgrade to Regen V would be somewhat welcome. Regen IV is iffy. No Regen spells would be my preference. The most common use for Light Spirit is to get Protect and Shell, and then release.

Any word on the developer's feelings about Regen and Haste?
    (4)

Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Something that might help you in the mean time is the following: light spirit wont cast haste or regen on a target that already has haste/regen on them. So, if you're trying to buff someone with prot/shell from light spirit, you can regen/haste them first, then point light spirit at them (although this can be tough because it doesn't have a face).
    (1)

Character
    Annalise
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I always haste/regen myself to get the sooner, as mentioned above. Yet I agree. I would love regen and haste removed as well.
    (0)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshaka View Post
    Something that might help you in the mean time is the following: light spirit wont cast haste or regen on a target that already has haste/regen on them. So, if you're trying to buff someone with prot/shell from light spirit, you can regen/haste them first, then point light spirit at them (although this can be tough because it doesn't have a face).
    Yes, that's what I have to do. But very often, this happens:
    Edyth starts casting Haste on Edyth.
    LightSpirit starts casting Haste.
    Edyth casts Haste.
    Edyth gains the effect of Haste.
    LightSpirit casts Haste.
    Edyth slaps LightSpirit.
    (0)
    Last edited by Edyth; 02-17-2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: forgot the last line from the chat log

Character
    Silverr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    yeah i do hate and love it at the same time. i use my smn to help my friends skill up. wouldn't hurt to fix the cure potency of the light spirits cure also. Cure V for like 600 something hp, pathetic! should be like 800, and they need to give them cure VI also that could be for 1000 just a thought or maybe protectra and shellra or just give us the ability to use bpr ot bpw them would be super useful
    (0)

Player
    SE should have a prioritize spell usage list like they did with the healing spells on Drg.
    (0)
    Live, Laugh, LOVE.

Character
    Yygdrasil
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post
    Edyth casts Haste.
    LightSpirit casts Haste.
    Edyth slaps LightSpirit.
    This made me laugh.

But why didn't you just cast Haste on yourself before you summoned the light spirit in the first place?
    (1)
    \(^_^ [Bastok Rank 10] | [Windurst Rank 10] ^_^)/ | [San d'Oria NEVER!]
    [CoP Done] | [ZM Done] | [ToAU Done] | [WotG Done (B Done / W Done / S NEVER!)]
    [ACP Done] | [ASA Done] | [MKD 1]
    [Kannagi: O] / [Armageddon: O] / [Nirvana: Working on it...]

It is kind of ironic that the useless regen spell Light spirit has, allows us to regen ourselves from subjob and prevent it. It is like it was planned to be a burden you have to overcome by playing your job well.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yygdrasil View Post
    This made me laugh.

But why didn't you just cast Haste on yourself before you summoned the light spirit in the first place?
    I want Light Spirit to get to work ticking through his too-slow cast timer. Yes, I use relic pants, but it's still too slow for my tastes. I want to get up and go.
    (0)

Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post
    Edyth casts Haste.