Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

[dev1091] Job Adjustments: Summoner

I need to point out several errors in the Job Adjustments.

1. Nobody asked for the changed perpetuation merits to instead be "Shorten summoning time of avatars/spirits".

Reason: You are offering 5% per merit, for 25% max. This is on summoning, which takes at most 10 seconds without wearing haste gear or fast cast gear. So if you wear terrible armors, you can merit a reduction of 2 seconds for 5 merits. This is beyond retarded and no other job has merits that give a gain less than 1 second reduction.

Solution: Stop wasting time on this and do what we requested. A reduction to spirit healing, buffing and nuke spells delay.

2. You are STILL not fixing the bug from 2003! It should be top priority to fix the bug that prevents spirit usage, before making any other changes.

Bug description: ASSAULT command resets delay on spells to max. That means if you are naked and assault, your spirit now will wait 48 seconds before casting... Choke. This completely negates any use from spirits EVER to exist. It is identical to resetting TP to 0 when you engage, or reset MP to 0 for SCHs so they have to refill it with Sublimation.

Solution: Just do whatever you do with all other pets. Let the timer be what it was when you assaulted. 0? Fine, it casts instantly. 15? Wait 15 more seconds. It is how it should have been 2003, and 2012 is sure not too soon to fix it.

Every single change you are doing to spirits are meaningless until you fix the bug. Tier V nukes means nothing if we have to wait 48 seconds to use it. Notice that is 48 seconds in melee range, because spirits run up and engage, instead of nuke at distance. Meaning it is 48 seconds to get silenced and have to restart WITHOUT ANY SPELL CAST.

Honestly. Stop wasting time. Either do it RIGHT and fix the bug, and we can use spirits today, or just plain delete them because they'll NEVER be used for anything but Siphon as long as the bug remains.

Extra info: I believe the bug is caused by spirits having 2 modes. Defensive modes, in which they only cast buffs (only light spirit has buffs), and Offensive mode, which casts both buffs and nukes.

Offensive mode has x2 casting timer, and defensive mode has about 24 seconds casting timer. Assaulting switches to offensive and resets timer to 48 seconds. This because some developer figured that it would be bad if pets started at 24 seconds cycles, and you could attack and skip 24 seconds delay on recasting spirits. Hence the "bug" is there to make sure we do not nuke + release.

However, one must see that it is better to have spirits exploited for 24 second nukes, than have them ignored for 48 seconds nukes.
    (18)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Maybe let us pick the actions/spells/etc.. from a list and have recast timers on spirits as we do with avatars on Bloodpacts!
    (2)

Character
    Yygdrasil
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Krashport View Post
    let us pick
    Wasting your breath.
    (4)
    \(^_^ [Bastok Rank 10] | [Windurst Rank 10] ^_^)/ | [San d'Oria NEVER!]
    [CoP Done] | [ZM Done] | [ToAU Done] | [WotG Done (B Done / W Done / S NEVER!)]
    [ACP Done] | [ASA Done] | [MKD 1]
    [Kannagi: O] / [Armageddon: O] / [Nirvana: Working on it...]

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Personally I'd want them to fix the BP recast timer being reset when the mob dies before the BP goes off. It's kind of the SMN equivalent of the "too far away" message. Not spirit-related, but still the worst SMN bug at this point imo.
    (6)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Personally I'd want them to fix the BP recast timer being reset when the mob dies before the BP goes off. It's kind of the SMN equivalent of the "too far away" message. Not spirit-related, but still the worst SMN bug at this point imo.
    I think it affects all pets. Automatons have the same issue, although the recent changes have lessened it's impact.
    (2)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    I think it affects all pets. Automatons have the same issue, although the recent changes have lessened it's impact.
    Yeah, I also think all pets do, not sure of DRG, but the rest do. I'll assume it's to do with them technically being a JA for us.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 02-17-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Yeah, I also think all pets do, not sure of DRG, but the rest do. I'll assume it's to do with them technically being a JA for us.
    It's nothing that cannot be prevented though. If the mob moves out of range for example, the avatar readies the move and the recast is set, but then reset to 0 again if the BP doesn't go off. So maybe just include the check for "is the mob alive?" right after "is the mob in range?".
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Windwhispering
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    As the system is of today - And even will be after the update of T5 spells -, Spririts will remain only to be used for Siphon.

Mala voices the obvious problem here. If the casting time is not reduced AND the magic accuracy enhanced all will be for naught and spirits will remain for decor like a flower in a vase and nothing more.

I personally dont see whats wrong with including them into Rage/Ward cycle like all the other avatars. it would fix at least 1 of the 2 problems above. Then again. Lesson #1 still remains intact: SE is evil. ( only half a joke sadly).
    (2)

Player
    In before the obligatory from Camate "other changes are on the way."

1) Spirit perp is going to be 5 without merits. Who cares that the merit changed? You kite, or you don't.

2) Until you hear otherwise, assume this is never going to be fixed. I definitely posted this bug to their attention a couple weeks ago.

The changes are welcome. They are major revisions. Not game changing, just major.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
    1) Spirit perp is going to be 5 without merits. Who cares that the merit changed? You kite, or you don't.
    Quite certain I didn't complain on it being changed, I complained about what it is being changed into. I won't miss my perp merits due to the spirit change, but giving me 2 seconds summoning speed reduction instead is just pointless.

I'd rather have +2 summoning magic per merit on that category, if we are going for mainly useless changes. That would give me +10 skill, which is tons more worth than -2 seconds summoning.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast