Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    A few tiers of MAB isn't going to make T3 nukes shine on DRK. It certainly wouldn't hurt the job any to add it though. If you want to nuke on DRK, that's fine, but I can't think of any situation where you wouldn't be better off just swinging with twilight scythe if normal damage isn't effective.
    (0)

Character
    Geabrielle
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    My first answer would be ... because I have a Redemption. My second and more important answer is that the MAB is NOT for the sake of the elemental magic .. it's for the dark based nukes everybody keeps crying for. I'm asking to fix what sucks about nuking on dark knight before asking for more useless mp sinks.

And I know a lot of situations where casting as gotten the job done before Twilight Scythe was dropped on DRK as a giant half-hearted apology. There are also current situations where it comes in handy as well. If I couldn't do that I'd be doing half my job.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Geabrielle View Post
    I've heard that particular argument as well and hate to be the bearer of crappy news but they will never remove the elemental magic from Dark Knight. Personally, being able to kick ass and cast elemental spells was what drew me to the job all those years ago so I may be biased in my affection. :/ So why can't we try to work with what we're stuck with? We have the firepower potential we just need the lovely MAB trait and I definitely want Tier 2 since ele spells are a bout half the spell group, AND we have higher skill than a RDM. Even if they give us dark celerity there's still a huge chunk of possibility sitting there. If we're going to ask for adjustment we may as well start with what's there.

And pray they don't give us dark based nukes without the MAB or you all just opened yourself up for more frustration.
    SE will never do anything that may take some time, hence reworking current content or rehashes instead of making new, unique content.

MAB is nice, but Dark nukes could work without it. SE makes the base damage, if they made it decently high, they wouldn't need to give MAB.

Quote Originally Posted by Kysaiana View Post
    DRK really doesn't need MAB traits since casting an elemental nuke only hurts your TP and damage output. Unless they add a dark magic based line of nukes and the fabled dark magic version of elemental celerity, at which point I could see MAB traits being useful. As far as SCH goes, it would be nice if you could get over MAB II but I'm sure SE would say something about BALANCE.
    It's nothing to do with Balance. It's the job itself. SCH wont get any traits that don't work on all spells like Conserve MP. The job itself dictates it's not a conventional mage. The most I could see SE giving is equipment that has something like: Dark Arts: Enhances "Magic Attack Bonus" effect.

Tranquil Heart seems an exception to the job, and is more likely a case of added just because RDM and WHM received it. (proved further by gaining a lesser tier than both RDM and WHM) I'm not against SCH getting it, just SE most likely wont grant it outside of Equipment to them. Especially with the power behind their 30 second JA's.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 02-20-2012 at 03:35 AM.

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    If we got a JA that doubled 1 damage spell for drk with a 1min recast then elemental nukes would seem worthwhile (we got quite a bit of mab anyway) that or a stance where our magic casts are stronger but cost us recast i'd take it. That'll allow me to pick up scythe, level it, and spend merits on entrophy or something. All i want is firepower and there's nothing wrong with giving us T4 spells tbh nin can do damage and turn around and use a nuke setup just like blu.

We do damage after all, no?
    (0)

Character
    Raucent
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyreus View Post
    If we got a JA that doubled 1 damage spell for drk with a 1min recast then elemental nukes would seem worthwhile (we got quite a bit of mab anyway)
    the only MaB we have atm is gear based
    (0)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Really you shouldn't worry about MAB too much it#s not even that big of an increase anyway it's the abilty to use HQ/Magin staffs for huge boosts in DMG and macc
    (0)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    Yes all our MAB is on gear and we get some really good nuking gear (no sarcasm!), that's why i'd like to see a JA like the old FF games like Double or Triple. Man if i could find a ps2 to hdmi adapter i'd have some fun again.
    (0)

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    why is this thread still going on?
    (0)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    Why shouldn't it?
    (1)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dart View Post
    why is this thread still going on?
    cause people are still posting in it and that's how a forum works.

ps glad to help you understand the basics of forums.
    (0)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast