Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

that was on pil wasn't my best fight but was basically the only parse i have saved

anyway Dart like i said i see no issues with our WS DMG since i almost always parse a higher average vs ukon,vere DDs.

Either way here's some basic data

Resolution is 5 hit WS with a 0.95 ftp w/ Gorgets and Moodshade with 100% STR mod
    133 Weapon DMG + 175 from STR and 10 from fstr = 318 Bassed DMG
    318*0.95 = 302 Base DMG
    302*2.2(avarage cratio at capped atk) = 664 Base DMG
    664*5 = 3323

So at capped attack
    5 hit resolution will average 3323 DMG w/ Souleater = 4023
    6 hit resolution will average 3987 DMG w/ Souleater = 4827
    7 Hit resolution will average 4651 DMG w/ Souleater = 5632

Ofc this is with ragnarok and it doesn't take everything into account like level difference but since my highest resolution has been 6k on pil the numbers are pretty close to what i'm acully does (these numbers are higher)

Ofc the only REAL thing is that you need to capp to reach these crazy numbers it attack and thats why CORs roll chaos and DRK sub /WAR in VW
    (1)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 02-29-2012 at 08:20 AM.
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Player
    Well yes, my WS damage isn't bad, but it could be better considering the huge base damage we have on our weapons compared to other jobs :<
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezeak View Post

I still don't think MAB is needed to get DRK nuking (it'll add too little)

More dark nukes based soley Dark magic skill like Drain III and a high mp, Decent DMG, Low cast time Nuke or 3 to make the most of Occult acumen and entropy a new style for DRK.
    if you want to use entropy you'd like some mab trait!

my suggestion: give MAB and add a new ja/jt that lower casting time but raise MPcost
    (0)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    Quote Originally Posted by Dart View Post
    to stand out as a melee on drk, you have to compete with war and sam. You do realize what you're saying right?

endark helps us boost our attack with our magic!!!

Seriously can we fix the real issue with the job, our ws damage and then worry about magic?

Entropy was a nice step in the right direction, but more is needed to ever be more than just a token job.
    I haven't been watching the forums lately but the point is to boost our damage output. By giving us something to.. say... MB with then we're looking at something like a third WS or extra damage which no drk would complain about.. plus the TP bonus. The ideal nuke would be drain 3, darkbasednuke, or something with 250mp and 2 sec cast to make use of such things like entropy and skillchains. why do i mention scythe? because it could use some love. right now my game is all about resolution and i don't see sams doing near the same amount of damage outside abyssea which makes me wonder what's going on.
    (0)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    T3 nukes cap at a stupidly low number (compared to T4 and 5 nukes) for the amount of time they take to cast. I don't think magic attack bonus would fix that. If I had my way, I'd have two versions of elemental nukes. BLM/RDM version, and DRK version. DRK version would be short cast, low damage and have some sort of secondary effect a DRK could capitalize on. That way it'd be something to throw in while you're swinging away.
    (0)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5