Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

[dev1087] Job Adjustments: White Mage

Link

Quote Originally Posted by Gildrein
    A new spell will be added:

Arise (Lv. 99)
    Revives and bestows Reraise III upon target PC.
    The revived target will suffer from weakness for three minutes.
    Not quite the area of effect raise spell I briefly recall them considering, but very cool none-the-less, stands out from the other raise spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Gildrein
    The following abilities will be adjusted:

Martyr
    Recast time reduced from twenty minutes to ten.
    Additional merits will no longer reduce casting time, but increase HP granted by 5% per merit.

Devotion
    Recast time reduced from twenty minutes to ten.
    Additional merits will no longer reduce casting time, but increase MP granted by 5% per merit.
    Welcome changes indeed.

Edit: Fixed spell name since it's officially been called "Arise", as it should be.
    (4)
    Last edited by Fredjan; 02-24-2012 at 12:07 PM.
    WAR, WHM, BLM, RDM, DRK, BRD, SMN, BLU, SCH, GEO, RUN 99

Player
    I wonder how huge the MP cost of Arise is going to be, and if I'll be able to use it on those who are living yet too dead inside to carry Reraise Earrings.
    (0)

Character
    Aleste
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    If the last test server .dat mine is anything to go by...

(magic 494) - Magic Help Message.
    MP Cost: 300 Casting Time: 13.0 Recast Delay: 56.0
    Target: Dead Player / Type: White / Element: Light / Skill: Healing Magic
    Jobs: WHM99

300 MP seems a little excessive for a single target raise (w/ reraise), although I guess since it breaks even. I think I would have preferred an AOE raise spell tbh~
    (1)

Character
    Ladycandygem
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If someone dies with the reraise from Arise, won't they just cancel it and ask for another Arise to reduce their weakness time?
    (2)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    I wonder how huge the MP cost of Arise is going to be, and if I'll be able to use it on those who are living yet too dead inside to carry Reraise Earrings.
    Penury should help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladycandygem View Post
    If someone dies with the reraise from Arise, won't they just cancel it and ask for another Arise to reduce their weakness time?
    Unless that's not a possibility (WHM busy, mid fight, wipe, etc.).

The 3min weakness is the best thing to come from this, though.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladycandygem View Post
    If they did that and I was WHM, I wouldn't Raise them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleste View Post
    300 MP seems a little excessive for a single target raise (w/ reraise), although I guess since it breaks even. I think I would have preferred an AOE raise spell tbh~
    It's a fair cost 150 For Raise - 150 for Reraise as the current costs in the spells are.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    (Lol!) "too dead inside to carry Reraise Earrings..."
    (1)
    Live, Laugh, LOVE.

Character
    Kimya
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Is anyone else bothered by the pronunciation of the spell name "Araise"? I keep looking at it thinking that the devs/translators meant to use the word "Arise", but then didn't realize how to spell it. -_-

Otherwise, cool effects. I just hope a spell like this doesn't prevent the melee from carrying along reraise items...nothing more annoying than having to raise 12 people after a wipe because only 6 of the 18 people actually had reraise...
    (4)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredjan View Post
    Not quite the area of effect raise spell I briefly recall them considering, but very cool none-the-less, stands out from the other raise spells.
    Yeah, I was really hoping they'd do the raise thing they were considering with Raise II giving 4 minute weaken, and Raise III giving 3 minute weaken. Arise could be AoE or something useful like raising them at full HP/MP so undead don't attack them or giving them Deodorize/Sneak/Invisible. It is a bit disappointing and I'd prefer if SE fixes it but I would take the current change if we have to.

On Devotion/Martyr, I'm not sure this will change my current merits (5/5 Devotion) but it might. I suppose this will change White Mages from 5/5 Devotion to 4/5 Devotion 1/5 Martyr (I refuse to merit Protectra V for 5 more loldefense... people who ask for Protect V over Protectra IV piss me off as well). I also wonder if this stacks with the AF2+2 hat... in which case you could get twice the Devotion with full merits, but I don't think I'm getting the hat considering the cost of inventory slots.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleste View Post
    If the last test server .dat mine is anything to go by...

(magic 494) - Magic Help Message.
    MP Cost: 300 Casting Time: 13.0 Recast Delay: 56.0
    Target: Dead Player / Type: White / Element: Light / Skill: Healing Magic
    Jobs: WHM99

I think an AoE Raise spell would have been more useful, also. Probably the reason we didn't get it. バランス!

I expected the MP cost to be 400 or some other amount that didn't even make sense given the apparent value placed on avoiding or lessening weakness by the Development Bros. I'm relieved that it will possibly be as "little" as the cost of Raise combined with the cost of Reraise.
    (1)

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast