Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 105
  1. #21
    Player Kalilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalilla View Post
    They may not have to buy spells, but they do have to buy expensive armor and/or trials.
    So do WHM, that's not an excuse. You can get away with only have the average equipment, but the same is true of DD's. The best will have trial weapons and multiple gear sets.
    Yes... but it isn't a requirement. A poorly geared WHM can still do their job and get the job done just like a well geared WHM can (although not as well, but it still gets done). Gear is not a major factor of the job performance. Take away the WHM gear and weapons and they can still do the job, although not for as long as a geared WHM could. Take away the gear and weapons of melee, tanks, or even BLM's, and you have a problem fast.

    Gear helps, but it isn't needed as much compared to other jobs. That is my point, and yes it can be expensive but there are cheaper alternatives that anyone could substitute in as a temp solution and still complete the task given to them.
    (4)
    Last edited by Kalilla; 02-18-2012 at 09:40 AM.

  2. #22
    Player Daniel_Hatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    2,577
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalilla View Post
    Yes... but it isn't a requirement. A poorly geared WHM can still do their job and get the job done than a well geared WHM. Gear is not a major factor of the job performance. Take away the WHM gear and weapons and they can still do the job, although not for as long as a geared WHM could. Take away the gear and weapons of melee, tanks, or even BLM's, and you have a problem fast.

    Gear helps, but it isn't needed as much compared to other jobs. That is my point, and yes it can be expensive but there are cheaper alternatives that anyone could substitute in as a temp solution and still complete the task given to them.
    True enough.
    (0)

  3. #23
    Player Kysaiana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    128
    Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    In before Araise (arise?) drops off floor 100 nyzul 2.0 at a low rate. If it's truly difficult to obtain it won't be worth the effort to get it. Most of the time you just die again in mid-pointlessly-long raise animation for the 2 min shave to be really useful. I guess it will be nice if you happen upon a whm that got lucky or blew a ton of gil on the spell though.
    (4)

  4. #24
    Player Cowardlybabooon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    184
    Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    There is a huge opposition these days to anything that is difficult, which can arguably be based on abyssea and how we all of a sudden got everything handed to us, but I am also glad that this spell will be difficult to obtain. I appreciate that the dev team is sticking to their plan of making sure there are still difficult things to accomplish in this game. I agree that much of the player base (like myself) doesn't have the same amount of time available like we did when we all joined this game during college (amirite?) but I think that just means that the dev team needs to remain sensitive to the fact that nothing truly essential should be made too hard to obtain. I am all for nifty bonus spells and armor being hard to obtain though.
    (2)

  5. #25
    Player Tazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    73
    Character
    Tazz
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    WHM have trials to do as well and gear to buy or obtain also. Trial of Magian Cure Potency Staff and rare/ex gear from NM's I'm not saying its less or more I'm just saying that mages have the same gear and most have multiple sets as well. Idle, healing, cure pot, MAB, enfeebling.... making a spell EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN is ludicrous!! making it difficult to obtain is normal like sleepga II back in the day or even warp II - lots of running around and questing but it was obtainable with difficulty (read here as time) not as some low drop rate like defending ring or kraken club. The aforementioned items well nice to obtain are considered luxury gear and players can still play their roles very well without said items, yet a mage without a spell is viewed as gimp. look at blu or even blm with no sleepga II. Its very close to the same thing. Also with how easy it is to get exp these days most of my friends in game have multiple jobs they excel at and have very good gear for.
    (0)

  6. #26
    Player Tazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    73
    Character
    Tazz
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalilla View Post
    Yes... but it isn't a requirement. A poorly geared WHM can still do their job and get the job done just like a well geared WHM can (although not as well, but it still gets done). Gear is not a major factor of the job performance. Take away the WHM gear and weapons and they can still do the job, although not for as long as a geared WHM could. Take away the gear and weapons of melee, tanks, or even BLM's, and you have a problem fast.

    Gear helps, but it isn't needed as much compared to other jobs. That is my point, and yes it can be expensive but there are cheaper alternatives that anyone could substitute in as a temp solution and still complete the task given to them.
    Not true take away the gear of the melee and the blm and they still get the job done, just not as well. not as fast or as hard but they can still kill
    (0)

  7. #27
    Player Vold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    891
    Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Well not having Araise is not going to equate to not having erase back in the day. Shrug. It's a perk at best. And a really nice one at that. I say a go for rarity.

    Keep in mind that the spell doesn't even exist in game yet and we've lived without it for 9 years, and can very much live without it forever. If it's just going to cause rage before it's even implemented then just don't implement it. Problem solved.

    Now see, I say it's better to be implemented and have a chance at owning it than never, but that's just me. And yes I am playing devil's advocate(I think..) right now because I really hate anything that's intentionally designed for few people to own. If they put as much effort into content for everyone as they do for the minority we would never be bored in this game.
    (3)


    Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

  8. #28
    Player Kalilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by Kysaiana View Post
    In before Araise (arise?) drops off floor 100 nyzul 2.0 at a low rate. If it's truly difficult to obtain it won't be worth the effort to get it. Most of the time you just die again in mid-pointlessly-long raise animation for the 2 min shave to be really useful. I guess it will be nice if you happen upon a whm that got lucky or blew a ton of gil on the spell though.
    I say we all call it Arise regardless if SE changes it or not (I'm not sure why they wouldn't...).
    (3)

  9. #29
    Player Washburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    139
    Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Yeah i think SE would be smart to just stop adding content that has unbalanced work v/s gain ratios. All theyve been doing fir the last couple months is shitting down paying customer's necks. I, for one, have already decided that SE will no longer be recieving anymore of my money, and that will be my stance so long as the work/gain ratio is unreasonable for my tastes.
    (1)

  10. #30
    Player Mahoro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    386
    Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    WHM have trials to do as well and gear to buy or obtain also. Trial of Magian Cure Potency Staff and rare/ex gear from NM's I'm not saying its less or more I'm just saying that mages have the same gear and most have multiple sets as well. Idle, healing, cure pot, MAB, enfeebling.... making a spell EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN is ludicrous!! making it difficult to obtain is normal like sleepga II back in the day or even warp II - lots of running around and questing but it was obtainable with difficulty (read here as time) not as some low drop rate like defending ring or kraken club. The aforementioned items well nice to obtain are considered luxury gear and players can still play their roles very well without said items, yet a mage without a spell is viewed as gimp. look at blu or even blm with no sleepga II. Its very close to the same thing. Also with how easy it is to get exp these days most of my friends in game have multiple jobs they excel at and have very good gear for.
    Honestly, we have it easy as WHM's. Our cure potency Magian staff can be soloed. 50% cure potency is a joke to get, and we don't need Empys/Relics to perform optimally. An Enfeebling/Haste set is also a joke to build these days. WHM Mythic is good, but nobody calls anybody gimp for not having a Mythic weapon these days. Really, having ONE spell that is fairly characterized as a "perk" being difficult to obtain is really not that bad....
    (5)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread