Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Arise is ... interesting. Mostly seems to be a way to handle people who died within aoe range. The raise animation takes so long to display that often the NM can get off a second or third AoE before the person even has a chance to move.
    (0)

I would like to respond to a few questions we have seen regarding Araise.

・Revives and bestows Reraise III upon target PC
    If the weakened state caused by Reraise III isn’t as short as 3 minutes, it would be better to use Araise to revive players than for them to reraise, wouldn’t it?
    Reraise simply serves as insurance in the case of an emergency, so we do not plan on adding the effects of Araise to it. Our idea is for players to use the effect of reraise when there are lots of KO’d players or if there isn’t a white mage at hand and to use Araise in all other situations, if possible.

It’d be great if HP is restored to the maximum possible HP value while weakened.
    We will look into this as an effect of Araise.

At first, I thought this adjustment would further favor white mages. However, as I thought about it more, I realized that it is very likely that players would feel that white mages without Araise are useless. Based on the length of weakened state, Raise I, II and III are all rendered useless by the addition of Araise, and when fighting a strong NM, players will only want white mages with Araise. I feel like this, in turn, will add an incredible amount of responsibility for white mages, but how do the developers feel about this?
    Please keep in mind that Araise will be extremely difficult to obtain. As such, it is highly unlikely that every white mage will learn Araise. Also, we plan on making the MP consumed higher and recast timers longer compared to Raise, although we are still in the development stage. With that in mind, although Araise does have the advantage of a shorter weakened state, Araise will never serve as an almighty spell that renders all other spells useless.
    (14)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Camate, if you could, could you ask them why it is called Araise instead of Arise? It seems much more appropriate calling it Arise, even in previous (and future) Final Fantasy games the spell was simply called Arise.

Araise just sounds like A Raise :x...

Also, I love that WHM is finally going to have a difficult spell to obtain! I'm looking forward to it so much :3
    (13)

Character
    Tazz
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Making this spell EXTREMELY difficult to obtain is just stupid and makes me very angry. As a mage I pride myself on having all the spells available for my level as I did when I leveled my characters jobs pre-abyssea. Making a spell as good as araise for a job role as WHM seems very stupid. The MP and recast time along keep this spell in check. making it only needed for say a tank job or possible another healer role who died and needs to be unweak sooner than the rest of the DD's or support jobs. and sadly seeing as my WHM is not my MAIN job i will never see or pay the probable outrageous price for this scroll. Hence I will never be asked to come or WHM to events even though I am a competent and well-geared WHM. Making spells "extremely hard to obtain" is like making a melee's job abilities to enhance their skills "extremely hard to obtain". Melee jobs get their job abilities which they use to enhance their role in groups naturally, making a spell which mages need to use to enhance their role be "extremely hard to obtain" is not right. please fix this...
    (8)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    On the full HP thing the issue is partially that the Raise animation locks players into place and inevitability you get caught by an AoE attack. Perhaps in addition to having maximum HP it could also make the player invulnerable to damage until they are able to move or even for a short time after this, especially if this is a hard to obtain MP expensive scroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Please keep in mind that Araise will be extremely difficult to obtain. As such, it is highly unlikely that every white mage will learn Araise. Also, we plan on making the MP consumed higher and recast timers longer compared to Raise, although we are still in the development stage. With that in mind, although Araise does have the advantage of a shorter weakened state, Araise will never serve as an almighty spell that renders all other spells useless.
    I'm not exactly sure what to make of this. If the spell is hard to get then it has to be worth the effort. Personally I'm for the increased difference between someone who just leveled White Mage casually so they could get gear from shout groups and someone who is dedicated to the job. The person dedicated to their job should be preferred over someone's friend who leveled the job a week ago and got a Light Staff... if someone levels Warrior they have to cap skills and get decent gear - the same should be true of someone who plays White Mage.

Death should be rare for a group that is well prepared and playing well and having someone who dies for whatever reason be combat effective sooner is a major thing and should be an advantage someone with this spell has. For party wipes however the current rumored cost of 300 MP coupled with the same cast/recast times as other Raise spells should be more then enough to make Raise I/II/III still useful.

If there is still feeling that this spell should be nerfed somehow, please strongly consider instead buffing the lower tier Raises instead. If Raise II lowered the weakened timer by somewhere between 30~60 seconds and Raise III lowered the weakened timer by somewhere between 60~120 seconds (but less then Araise) then Araise would still be useful for various reasons while White Mages without it would still have some use. These weakened timer reductions could even be based on Healing Magic skill...
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I don't really like it when spells are super hard to obtain. Monks and Warriors and other such jobs don't have to buy or jump through hoops for their job abilities. Having to find or buy the scroll should be enough, it shouldn't have to be some kind of project.
    (10)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalilla View Post
    Camate, if you could, could you ask them why it is called Araise instead of Arise? It seems much more appropriate calling it Arise, even in previous (and future) Final Fantasy games the spell was simply called Arise.

Araise just sounds like A Raise :x...

Also, I love that WHM is finally going to have a difficult spell to obtain! I'm looking forward to it so much :3
    It may end up as Arise, could just be poor translation.... again!
    (1)

Player
    Seems about as Useful as Cura opposed to Curega III
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I don't really like it when spells are super hard to obtain. Monks and Warriors and other such jobs don't have to buy or jump through hoops for their job abilities. Having to find or buy the scroll should be enough, it shouldn't have to be some kind of project.
    They may not have to buy spells, but they do have to buy expensive armor and/or trials.

A WHM doesn't really have to do a whole lot to be a decent WHM nowadays, and I've been WHM since day 1.

The performance of a WHM is more based on their reflexes and attention span than their armor/spells. Yes, you can't use a spell if you don't have it but in the case of Arise it is simply a bonus while you have three other raise spells to choose from.

BLM has had some challenges along the way, but honestly WHM basically was given everything except a few key spells. Raise III use to be ~3.5 mil (when I bought mine), and Erase use to be very expensive, but aside from those two we had some simple quests and that's about it. I know not everyone will agree with me, and probably the majority will actually disagree, but I feel that WHM hasn't had very many challenges along the way compared to what other jobs have to deal with. I remember saving up 13,450,000 gil to buy my nobles tunic. I didn't want to join a linkshell and have them just give me one, I wanted to work for it. I felt great doing it and loved the moment when I finally could afford one. I remember selling it back for 300k too... lol.

My point basically is I think WHM could use a small challenge atm. I think it is appropriate seeing as the spell only raises someone, so it wouldn't actually break someone if they didn't have it. It definitely has perks, Raise III + Reraise III + -2 min reduction on weakness is a very nice perk, but I think there should be some challenge to it other than waiting for the price to drop down to 100k to purchase it.

I might be alone on this, but I love that I'm finally going to have a (realistic) challenge for WHM after playing for so long.
    (5)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalilla View Post
    They may not have to buy spells, but they do have to buy expensive armor and/or trials.
    So do WHM, that's not an excuse. You can get away with only have the average equipment, but the same is true of DD's. The best will have trial weapons and multiple gear sets.
    (1)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast