Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Chakra II or the like?

Been wanting a new more potent form of Chakra for quite some time now, 500 some odd Chakras outside of abyssea, while they are nice... just not when ur @ the HP we see its not so much, or at the least not for every 5 min, and Invigorate iirc doesnt stack w/ regen (too long to recall) if it doesnt itd be nice to see that fixed.. make it like an autoregen or something i dunno lol.
    (0)

500ish Chakra's are feesable outside of abyssea. Currently I get around 425hp and I know there's room for improvement. You need 139VIT to hit 500 with the AF and Relic pieces, but pushing it past that point will be difficult since your out two slots for the modifiers. The most ideal setup would likely be...

Terrasoul Ring x2 = 14 VIT
    Terra's Earring x2 or Terra's + Eta's Earring = 6
    Genbu's Kabuto = 15
    Temple Cyclas/+1 = 3/6 3x Modifier
    Melee Gloves/+1 = x.6 Modifier
    Marine M Boots/Creek M Clomps = 2/4 (No options for feet sides RSE)
    Kensei Sitabaki = 5
    Melee Cape = 5
    Warwolf Belt = 5
    Fortitude Torque = 5

Total = 58-65

Without figuring racial modifiers, monks have a base VIT at least around 80 which barely pushes the needed 139VIT with the gear mentioned. However the new level caps should allow abit more flexability with the increased base VIT at 99.
    (0)

Player
    Power Sandals from the quest is 3 Vit as well.
    (0)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 03-16-2011 at 04:11 AM.

Player
    my base is lil over 500 outside aby, but i was just looking for more to help, either from reducing recast of it to like 2:30 - 3 Min 5 min to heal and get rid of enfeebles is kinda meh, but ya not a whole lot they can do for mnk other than release more gear w/ vit on it etc. sitting @ 57 VIT atm need mnk back piece(using a +3 vit aug cape), +7 rings (using +5), fort. torque (using the +4 neck from campaign), and if i felt like it one of the new vit earrings, but short of crafting the rings + earring ... highly unlikely x.x
    (0)

I don't think we need a more potent chakra. Remember, the point of MNK is to be a DD, and since the only other DD's with any curing potential are DRG and PUP, I think we should be happy with what we have.
    (1)
    Guarding 207 - Goldsmithing 30 - Cooking 30 - Smithing 30

Maybe it's time to stop killing mandy's...

Quote Originally Posted by Musahashi View Post
    the only other DD's with any curing potential are DRG and PUP
    You forgot Dancer, lol.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Power Sandals from the quest is 3 Vit as well.
    Thanks for bringing that up. I just based it off what i searched off the equipment lists on Wiki, and I know that is'nt exactally up to date.
    (0)

Character
    Libras
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    There's also the Kokugetsu Sune-ate from 5th Echelon Trophies in Abyssea - Altepa that can give up to 3 vit. http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Kokugetsu_Sune-ate
    (0)

DNC is support not DD.

Unless something changed recently, and now DNC can spike DD like THF? No? Didn't think so...
    (0)
    Guarding 207 - Goldsmithing 30 - Cooking 30 - Smithing 30

Maybe it's time to stop killing mandy's...

Character
    Denabond
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Musahashi View Post
    DNC is support not DD.

Unless something changed recently, and now DNC can spike DD like THF? No? Didn't think so...
    You would be surprised with the amount of dmg DNC can do when its not focused on healing a group of ppl. Sure its not Huge spikes like when a thf SATAs, but they can still DD decently.
    Edit: Its worth mentioning that before lvl 80, it was possible for dnc to self SC IF they didnt have to heal even as /nin.
    (1)
    Last edited by Denabond; 03-17-2011 at 09:32 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast