Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Rhubarbicon
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

since 14/02/12 update - no geode drops - loads of crystals - Great idea ... Not

Just joined FFXI again after 2 years away, and for 2 weeks got few geode drops per log on whilst leveling, giving me a steady amount of gil for food, jugs ect. Thought the game a lot better since i left, cos the economy seemed to improve, now since 14th feb update, been getting just crystals for drops, no goede, and hence no money, and i was taken right back to the reason I left, no money, stupid amount of farminf to earn small asmount of gil, this part of the update was a step back, and i might leave again cos of it, shame because the game is great, and seems to be still alive and many players, real shame.
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If you've got allied notes, conquest points, or imperial standing to burn, talk to the Atmacite Refiner NPCs and you can buy Voiddust. Sell on the auction house for megabucks. The exchange rate on Carbuncle is about 1 CP/IS/AN = 15 gil.
    (2)

What exactly do you even need money for? Outside of buying currency for a relic I can't seem to GET RID of the Gil I do have..
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    What exactly do you even need money for? Outside of buying currency for a relic I can't seem to GET RID of the Gil I do have..
    Read the OP's post again?
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Opto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 68
    is this another "i'm quitting if se doesn't _______" thread?
    (0)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarly View Post
    is this another "i'm quitting if se doesn't _______" thread?
    It is. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Rhubarb.
    (1)

Character
    Anathiel
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    rhubarb pie is delicious. AND, i've just got a geode. >_> literally, right now.
    (0)
    Haiku's are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

Hopefully it's a bug or just bad luck, I really hope they aren't stooping that low with the new harder on the player FFXI mentality.
    (1)

Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    There's plenty of alternatives to selling geodes for making money. You could farm Cruor in Abyssea and exchange it for stacks of Chocobo Blinkers which sell to NPCs pretty high. You could farm currency in Dynamis, as you're a BST and can get a TH pet, there's a bonus there - seriously Dynamis currency sells fast and you can make a lot of money quick. Currency tends to go for 8k a piece on a Bazaar and drop faster than Geodes. If you don't have Dyna unlocked, the missions are easy to solo.

Do some VW and you there's stuff you can sell from chests, plus you get Cruor. As said AN/IS/CP can be exchanged for Voiddust.

Or if you've got plenty of beastmen seals you could probably do some Royal Jelly runs and try and get Utsusemi: Ni, its price on AH is ridiculously high and it sells. Plus if you get Phalanx, it doesn't sell for as much, but it's still worth it. If you get both, bonus.

So there's some choices there for you. But there's more out there, but those are some of the methods I can think of.
    (1)
    Last edited by Saefinn; 02-17-2012 at 01:01 AM.
    Saefinn on Asura
    Main Jobs: Corsair: i117, Scholar: i117, Monk: i117, Summoner: i117

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Transfer to Carbuncle and I'd be more than happy to help you out with that.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast