(4)

Character
    Psxpert
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    Psx I'm not attacking you. But I do feel the need to correct you.

First off as a enfeebling class RDM does come out on top. But, in end game utility the skill has just become useless for the most part. Blanketed immunity on mobs since WOTG has made casting a enfeebling spell on anything that check's as a NM pointless. Which cut's out a large amount of RDM utility.

Cure V would have given RDM a niche position as a party healer. And would have given us more utility against end game content. Of course SE said no to it. And stated that they wanted the role of main healing to stick to WHM to reinforce there place among the party. Fair enough.

RDM has the highest rated enhancing skill in game before gear or light arts. Yet when I comes down to it RDM has very little in the way of spells that help transfer this over to other's. And while some of them can be shared threw accession, other's like the gain line, bar spells, Temper, Refresh and a few other's can not. I plan to address some this in a thread soon, so keep an eye out for it.

Enspells are nice for a damage increase. But there in no way a selling point for RDM. You would think they would be, but in my experience ppl would rather have DNC buff's than RDM's. Would that change if enspell damage increase to 60 to 80 a blow, probably. But it's not going to happen.

Finally, no RDM is out there looking to be more self~efficient. Most ppl that post here want the job to have a stronger place in end game utility. That's it.

There you go, very informative post is much needed here. Thank you for the corrections!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    It's a job that excels at all arts, but other than enfeebling in best at none.

Difference being, as it currently stands RDM is a better nuker than healer by a massive margin. SCH and BLM excel at nuking over RDM, but RDM it does well/decently as it should be. Same is not true of curing.

I wont go into it, but people need to realise Cure V would not suddenly make RDM over-powered, nor will it make it the supreme healer. RDM was never that.

I still think Rdm is a powerful job that some people still want to make even more powerful. Most jobs can be seen as a "jack-of-all-trades" but nothing like rdm. A Redmage is a Redmage is his/her own right but it also has melee capabilities that could receive improvements, not just in the magic department.

Did it ever cross your mind that Redmages resemble musketeers or fencer type heros (not to forget Zorro)? ;D
    (0)
    "With the POWER of Taru...!"

@@@~'~~~;SYLPH WORLD;~~~,~@@@

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Psxpert2011 View Post
    There you go, very informative post is much needed here. Thank you for the corrections!

I still think Rdm is a powerful job that some people still want to make even more powerful. Most jobs can be seen as a "jack-of-all-trades" but nothing like rdm. A Redmage is a Redmage is his/her own right but it also has melee capabilities that could receive improvements, not just in the magic department.

Did it ever cross your mind that Redmages resemble musketeers or fencer type heros (not to forget Zorro)? ;D
    I'm pretty sure you are just posting out of boredom. That's fine though. I am too.

On topic: I like the look of almost all the OP's ideas. I especially like pain and ruin. Somehow I don't think they plan to give red mage much more though :/
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Giving RDM access to elemental sword weaponskills without subbing a non-mage melee job should placate some of the anger, I reckon?
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Even if those weaponskills arent all that powerful (partially excluding vorpal blade even if it isnt crazy strong, it is in the top 3 sword ws for dmg) it is something that isnt all that unbalanced for rdm to have, though admittedly im one of those that thinks a certain degree of skill should allow for most/all ws access, though at the same time im sure a job like war is why they limit access to some ws (though why war has the sword access puzzles me, though is likely tied to sword/shield combat like pld?)

I still think rdm updates should be about cutting the waste, and streamlining at this point, but anything i could say has been said before by me and/or by others. As for *NEW* things that they could add, these new enfeebles seem a bit complicated, but not at all unwelcome, however renew...LOVE IT, i truely do, i love the idea of being able to keep my buffs up 100% of the time, as well as on others!
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Psxpert2011 View Post
    No, no no no no no no noooooooo! Rdm doesn't need more crap to show off, seriously. Wont make you any more or any less content or desirable than any other job. Stop requesting more mojo.
    And the alternative is ...... what exactly?

For big group play RDM has .. Cure IV ... Haste ... Refresh and Dia III.

Assuming the NM isn't super resistance to enfeebles / has potency reduction, your enfeebles are.

Slow II -> monster hits slower, TP moves and magic still kills you.
    Paralyze II -> monster might miss attack round, TP moves and magic sill kill you (somehow they don't get paralyzed during casting, or SE made them immune to the effect).
    Blind II -> Monster goes from 150% hit rate to 130% hit rate, still hits you, TP moves and magic still kill you.
    Bio III -> Lowers monsters attack, deals slight DoT. Monsters Ratio is still prevented from going under floor, TP moves and magic still kill you.
    Dia III -> Lowers monsters defense, significant increase to melee damage dealt. Monster dies faster, TP moves and magic still kill you.
    Addle -> reduces monsters casting speed slightly, monsters TP moves and magic still kill you.

Are you getting the idea already, our enfeebles don't do jack sh!t to reduce the targets offensive capability and right now SE is just giving everything insane offensive ability. The enfeebles that do something don't do enough of it on anything made in the past two years. The other day a friend of mine and me did some KSNM99's for Fafnir pops. I went in as RDM/NIN and him BLM (to drop it quickly to the ground) and we destroyed it. Slow II + Blind II were easily noticeable on it. It still hit like a truck but it's magic didn't even scratch me. Later we poped Fafnir twice (got crap drops btw) and I hit it with full debuffs and Jesus that guy might as well of been a level 0 bunny. Paralyze II was evident in the near constant paralyzes along with Slow / Blind effect. You see nothing like that on anything made in the last few years. Yet still, even after reducing it to a panzy it hit hard And looking back at both fights, not having any enfeebles wouldn't of made a slight bit of difference no matter the level. All they did was reduce it's offensive melee power, it's TP moves remained the same.

What I'm hinting at is that SE has purposely made all their more recent NM's either immune or have severe potency reduction. Even if they go about removing all the "special defense" they put on their NM's, the reduction in offensive power wouldn't be enough to justify a RDM's position. What does more damage to the alliance, the monsters melee hits, or the stupid powerful aoe's it uses?
    (0)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    someone made an interesting point on enhancing, and heres my take on how this Spell should work

Boon
    RDM
    30 Second ReCast time
    50 MP
    Applies all of the casters currently active Redmage Enhancing magic spells to the target.
    Mechanics: works just like Empathy, copies all current buffs, and their durations/potency to the target of this spell, can target alliance members

Boonaga
    150MP
    3:00 minute recast
    Applies all of the casters currently active Redmage Enhancing magic spells to any target in range.
    Mechanics: Same as boon, but AOE, and restricted to party only
    (1)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    also thanks for all the positive comments, i really appreciate it.
    (0)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I like Imperil. Jynx is not really needed, though. Wound and Pain I think wouldn't really work based on the limitations of the battle engine. Veilga and Vigilga sound like they belong on WHM. Renew, on the other hand, I REALLY like. Would make RDM gameplay, specially when self-buffing for melee, easier to bear.

As far as Blitz, I like the concept, but I'd drop the whole elemental wheel aspect of it. Instead, it should build up off of itself (Eg: Inferno Blitz reduces resistance to fire-based damage). I'm iffy on the enfeeble effects attached to them, but I do like the possibility of blending enfeebling into melee. Should probably be on a 45-second timer instead of 60 seconds, IMO.
    (1)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelle View Post
    I like Imperil. Jynx is not really needed, though. Wound and Pain I think wouldn't really work based on the limitations of the battle engine. Veilga and Vigilga sound like they belong on WHM. Renew, on the other hand, I REALLY like. Would make RDM gameplay, specially when self-buffing for melee, easier to bear.

As far as Blitz, I like the concept, but I'd drop the whole elemental wheel aspect of it. Instead, it should build up off of itself (Eg: Inferno Blitz reduces resistance to fire-based damage). I'm iffy on the enfeeble effects attached to them, but I do like the possibility of blending enfeebling into melee. Should probably be on a 45-second timer instead of 60 seconds, IMO.
    Could make it that they enhance potency, or duration for enfeebles instead.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3