Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Additions to Redmage

so like most finalfantasy nerds, i took a traipse through FF13-2 (got my platinum trophy) and i thought alot of the abilitys from that game would be easily translated into this game, or at least their catchy names would be swell to use :P

Spells:
    Enfeebling
    Imperil
    32 MP
    level55
    3 second casting time
    Effect: Deals Damage and reduces Monster resistance to Enfeebling magic

Jinx
    24 MP
    3 Second cast
    Effect: Increases potency of enfeebling magic based on enfeebling magic skill.

Wound
    75 MP
    5 Second Cast
    Effect Places a Max HP Down effect on the target ( Effect is cumulative, and stacks). the Max HP down effect is limited to the monster's current missing HP; Example Mob has 1000 HP, rdm Nukes it for 300 damage, lowers it to 700/1000, the RDM then casts Wound for 200 which places a Max HP down effect on the monster, bringing its maximum HP recovery to 800 HP, or 800/1000. ( the HP bar wouldnt show this as a HP down effect, just that the monster can never heal its self over that point.

Pain
    50 MP
    2 second cast
    Effect: augments all enfeebles on the target based on the casters enfeebling magic skill, increases Remaining duration by 30 seconds. see individual enfeebles for effects.
    Para> Reduces the monsters TP Usage Frequency
    Slow> Increases the monster's Weaponskill Charge time
    Blind> lowers the monsters evasion
    Gravity> reduces the monsters attack speed
    dia > Reduces the monsters Elemental Resistance
    Bio > Reduces the monsters Special Defense.
    Addle > Reduces the Monster's Magic Accuracy.
    Wound > Causes Damage over time equal to 1% of Wounded HP value ( the ammount of HP that the monster cannot recover)
    Enhancing
    Veilga
    160 MP
    5 second cast time
    Effect: Increases resistance to all status ailments

Vigilga
    200 MP
    5 second cast time
    Reduces the damage from Area of effect abilities.

Renew
    100MP
    3 second cast time
    10 second recast time
    Effect: Returns all enhancing magic spells cast by the caster to their maximum values. does not work on buffs NOT applied by the caster.
    Nukes

Ruin:
    25 MP
    1 Second Cast time
    3 second recast time
    Effect: Deals weak light based damage, increases the next source of elemental damage by +X%. Effect is cumulative, stacks up to 5 times, each application is worth +5% damage. effect wears off when struck from ANY source of elemental damage other then the spell Ruin.

Job Abilities:

Blitz
    60 seconds
    Delivers a two fold attack. Additional effect: Enhances Enspells
    Hidden effect: If an Enspell is currently active on your charachter, then you will preform an "elemental blitz" which is Much more effective then a normal blitz, and carries beneficial effects. (the text log of the blitz effect will be changes based on the currently active enspell Example: enfire is active, Blitz will be displayed as fire blitz)

damage is based off of main hand weapon damage, and the current damage of any enspell.

the use of blitz will enhance enspell and enspells II in different ways
    heres an example of how it would improve enfire : Increases Enfires Damage by 100% for 60 seconds, Allows EnfireII to activate on all melee swings for 30 seconds:

Unique blitz effects;
    Inferno Blitz> Deals Fire damage, Plauges Target, increases ice based damage dealt to target.

Subzero Blitz> Deals ice damage, Binds Target (breaks after 15 seconds, not by damage), Increases Wind based damage dealt to the target

Whirlwind Blitz > Deals Wind damage, Mutes Target, increases Earth based damage dealt to the target

Fissure Blitz > Deals Earth damage, Petrifies Target ( Not broken by damage, lasts max 15 seconds), increases thunder based damage dealt to the target

Gigavolt Blitz > Deals thunder damage, Stuns Target ( Extremely potent stun), increases Water based damage dealt to the target

Torrential Blitz > Deals water damage, Lowers Targets Magic defense, Increases Fire based damage dealt to the target.

so anywho... day of boredom in jeuno invented this >_> sorry if people dont like it, or the notion of giving rdm a reason to melee
    (3)

hmm.. good not great?

i feel like imperil and jynx are just an extra step to achieve something that should just "be like that" all the time?

then i assume renew resets duration? could be useful, cut down on recycling 10 different buffs. but if it's just potency all it's gonna do is what? super expensive stoneskin?

wound i'm on the fence about. if the mob heals itself that'd be sorta useful, but a lot of mobs don't.

the rest i would like, though i'm sure we wouldn't get aoe versions of veil and vigil :\
    (1)

Player
    Renew would be awesome but realistically it would have to have like a 3min recast. Otherwise you'd cast like 200-300mp worth of buffs on yourself then just use Renew to have the timers reset, unless it was a self cast.
    (2)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Imperil : cut the damage part and change effect to Magic Evasion Down
    Jinx : we got Saboteur for that
    Wound: interesting, but I think it would serve more use if it reduced HP Recovery effects. (Cure, Regen, Drain, Absorb-Elem)
    Pain: something like COR's elemental shots, but only works on specific enfeebling effects?
    Veil : Shell covers this
    Vigil : Augmenting Phalanx II could offer this effect, rather then a seperate effect
    Ruin : make it non-elemental magic damage, otherwise it's just like Banish or Holy and WHM will get it instead...
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    yea the way i envisioned renew was a method of consolidating the amount of time spent rebuffing people, and yourself, i failed to mention that the duration would only be returned to the original spells duration before the effects of composure. i melee on rdm and i do it ALOT, my primary reason for wanting this spell was to stop me from having to stop DDing every 6-8 minutes and waste 2 minutes completely rebuffing myself.

it would probably be too hard to implement wound as is, so changing it to

Wound
    30 MP
    4 Second cast time
    Reduces Healing effects received.
    Effect: Reduces regen effects by 10-50%, reduces healing effects by 10-30% based on skill.

Imperil i feel is perfect the way it is, simply because it would act as a cheap low damage fast casting nuke, that carries the additional effect of improving your chances to land an enfeeble, since landing enfeebles on some monsters can be hard. changing it to a "MEVA down" effect, would only serve two purposes, 1 being stepping on summoners toes, and the second being making it easier for other people to nuke harder things.

Jinx
    34MP
    2.5 second cast
    6 second recast
    Deals Darkness Based Damage and slightly increases the duration of all current enfeebles on the target.

this would give RDM a darkness based cheap nuke that could reasonably extend the durations of their current enfeebling spells, to give them something to do while waiting for enfeeble reapplication. idealy this spell would only be able to extend debuffs by 100% of their natural duration, 10% at a time, so short duration enfeebles would only see 50-75% duration increase.

Pain is exactly how youve described it, but in a much broader spectrum, and Augments the spells effects, not enhances them.

Shell in my experience, dosent do anything in comparison to proper barspells for stoping enfeebling magic, i envisioned this as a way to further rdms niche ( it really dosent even exist right now) and give them a spot enfeeble heavy mobs and AOE heavy battles. so i think veil and vigil achieve that effect

i actually wanted Ruin to be Divine magic, since RDM gets divine skill but not a single divine spell. imperil jinx wound etc would be darkness magic

i was thinking of tagging a MP cost onto the Blitz JA, but im not sure how it would work. idealy i would want it to be 90% negated by the refresh spell over the course of one minute so, that gives us 20 tics of 6 MP, which is 120 MP, so 132 MP for the cost of using the "Blitz" Job ability, does that sound like a good idea?
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I just rebuff while I fight. Fast Cast really works out better when you already have a celerity to stack it with, but at least it covers all magic for buffing in combat.
    (1)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Player
    Would it be feasible to add a property to Composure that allows the use of certain restricted weapon skills i.e Red Lotus Blade/Seraph Blade/Seraph Strike/Sanguine Blade/Vorpal Blade?
    (4)

Player
    The thing about Jinx is that it would be difficult to implement. I'm almsot positive that the duration of all spells/buffs are set in stone once they are cast. Depending on if the debuff sticks fully or is a partial resist determines the overall duration it's just that with a debuff, unlike a nuke it's impossible to tell if it's a partial or half resist until the effect actually wears off. For Jinx to work it would need to be an enfeebling spell itself that all spells cast AFTER it would have a duration boost. This is why almost all equipment that 'Enhances X Ability" needs to be worn either PRIOR to using the ability, or prior to the ability's effect activating(as is the case with Saboteur and RDM AF3 hands).
    (1)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    you know i was about to make a post about " i think the devs are smart enough to figure out how to make buffs allready appplied get extended and/or augmented (since theyve already done it with cor)" but.... my faith isnt what it used to be after some of these slipups weve been seeing :/
    (0)

Character
    Psxpert
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    No, no no no no no no noooooooo! Rdm doesn't need more crap to show off, seriously. Wont make you any more or any less content or desirable than any other job. Stop requesting more mojo.
    (2)
    Last edited by Psxpert2011; 02-17-2012 at 02:58 PM.
    "With the POWER of Taru...!"

@@@~'~~~;SYLPH WORLD;~~~,~@@@

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast