Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Psxpert2011 View Post
    No, no no no no no no noooooooo! Rdm doesn't need more crap to show off, seriously. Wont make you any more or any less content or desirable than any other job. Stop requesting more mojo.
    Yeah, why ask for spells that may make a job that is currently not used..... well... used.
    (2)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    yea pspxpert rdm has litteraly ZERO demand right now >_> everything we can do, someone else can do better >_> (well except slow and para, which are pretty useless in VW)
    (0)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    oh wait, bard can slow better then we can >_>~
    (0)

Character
    Psxpert
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I think rdm is a good job, an enfeebling class at best and I had a discussion with a mage friend earlier today about why rdm didn't get Cure V (or something like that). Even though Whm is the healing class and the job promotes itself as the top healer above all classes, why give Rdm higher tier cure spells?

Rdm has to master it's enfeebling more than healing, divine and dark spells rather than give mix signals. A lot of things can be suggested for Rdm but to steal the role of other jobs and make it insanely more powerful is like trying really hard to sell a job which could make Rdm less dependent on help.

En-spells are the selling point for a Rdm IMO and that's the coolest thing about the job! If only it can be cast on my H2H by a Rdm party member and have the effectivity as a blm spell, which rdm could probably be the only one who could it (another insane proposal but doable). ;D

Don't make Rdm any more self-sufficient than it already is, they need our help as much as we do theirs'. Peace out!
    (0)
    "With the POWER of Taru...!"

@@@~'~~~;SYLPH WORLD;~~~,~@@@

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I think rdm is a good job, an enfeebling class at best and I had a discussion with a mage friend earlier today about why rdm didn't get Cure V (or something like that). Even though Whm is the healing class and the job promotes itself as the top healer above all classes, why give Rdm higher tier cure spells?

Rdm has to master it's enfeebling more than healing, divine and dark spells rather than give mix signals. A lot of things can be suggested for Rdm but to steal the role of other jobs and make it insanely more powerful is like trying really hard to sell a job which could make Rdm less dependent on help.

En-spells are the selling point for a Rdm IMO and that's the coolest thing about the job! If only it can be cast on my H2H by a Rdm party member and have the effectivity as a blm spell, which rdm could probably be the only one who could it (another insane proposal but doable). ;D

Don't make Rdm any more self-sufficient than it already is, they need our help as much as we do theirs'. Peace out!
    Psx I'm not attacking you. But I do feel the need to correct you.

First off as a enfeebling class RDM does come out on top. But, in end game utility the skill has just become useless for the most part. Blanketed immunity on mobs since WOTG has made casting a enfeebling spell on anything that check's as a NM pointless. Which cut's out a large amount of RDM utility.

Cure V would have given RDM a niche position as a party healer. And would have given us more utility against end game content. Of course SE said no to it. And stated that they wanted the role of main healing to stick to WHM to reinforce there place among the party. Fair enough.

RDM has the highest rated enhancing skill in game before gear or light arts. Yet when I comes down to it RDM has very little in the way of spells that help transfer this over to other's. And while some of them can be shared threw accession, other's like the gain line, bar spells, Temper, Refresh and a few other's can not. I plan to address some this in a thread soon, so keep an eye out for it.

Enspells are nice for a damage increase. But there in no way a selling point for RDM. You would think they would be, but in my experience ppl would rather have DNC buff's than RDM's. Would that change if enspell damage increase to 60 to 80 a blow, probably. But it's not going to happen.

Finally, no RDM is out there looking to be more self~efficient. Most ppl that post here want the job to have a stronger place in end game utility. That's it.
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12

It's a job that excels at all arts, but other than enfeebling in best at none.

Difference being, as it currently stands RDM is a better nuker than healer by a massive margin. SCH and BLM excel at nuking over RDM, but RDM it does well/decently as it should be. Same is not true of curing.

I wont go into it, but people need to realise Cure V would not suddenly make RDM over-powered, nor will it make it the supreme healer. RDM was never that.

If you go down the list of the best jobs.

BLM - Gains unique and powerful black magic.
    WHM - Gains unique and powerful white magic.
    SCH - Gains unique and powerful black and white magic but is still behind BLM and WHM.
    RDM - Gains Refresh II and Composure. WHM and BLM gain the same enfeebles (RDM's mastery) outside of merits and for the few it lands on can land it on them easily. (And the Merits are the equivalent of giving BLM tier V nukes or WHM Cure V and 'na spells via merits.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 02-19-2012 at 12:42 AM.

What's the big deal? Cures 1-4 are getting a huge revamp anyways. There's no real "need" for Cure V in a backup role post-March.
    (1)

I will have my revenge!

Player
    Adding those WS would make RDM better in low man Abyssea procing and VW procing at least or at least enhance our solo play in Abyssea. Countless times wanted to be able to proc with Red Lotus Blade or Seraph Blade when soloing NMs in Abyssea. /sigh
    (1)

You probably already have a BLU in Voidwatch anyways. You don't need to waste a slot on redundant sword procs.

Even if procs are covered, it's a slot where you could haz a ukonz for dmgz.
    (2)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It would just be nice to be able to slow down or cripple a NM with enfeebles. I guess that would make the game 'easy' but I don't really think it would change anything about the current game, since it's not exactly hard. Maybe people would want the extra safety of real enfeebles. Maybe they wouldn't. Hard to tell since it's been a long time since RDM actually offered real utility.
    (3)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast