Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaderofAtlantis View Post
    PLD should NOT be on par with DD classes in damage. This is the same stuff I hear from THFs too. I'll say the same thing here that I said there - there's plenty of jobs that are DDs. If you want to be a DD, pick one of them. They each specialize in a form of DD so there's enough variety to go around.

PLDs defense and enmity grabbing capabilities need a boost. The PLD's HP should be second only to a MNK's, that's fine, but who cares if a MNK has 3k+ HP if, on unblocked hits, they're taking 200-250 dmg from non criticals whereas a PLD, with around 2k HP is only taking 50 dmg from those same kind of unblocked hits. Maybe not that dramatic of a difference in HP or damage taken, but you get the idea.
    If PLD only gets more Defensive abilities its almost guaranteed to never be a used tank again :\. The problem is that players will opt out for Speed rather than Defense.

Its sad but true. Its mainly because of the Enmity Cap as well, where any good DD will eventually catch up to a PLD in terms of Enmity, and the Mob will just face the last person to swing due to capped Enmity and Fluctuating VE
    (0)

Character
    Clandestine
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    If PLD only gets more Defensive abilities its almost guaranteed to never be a used tank again :\. The problem is that players will opt out for Speed rather than Defense.

Its sad but true. Its mainly because of the Enmity Cap as well, where any good DD will eventually catch up to a PLD in terms of Enmity, and the Mob will just face the last person to swing due to capped Enmity and Fluctuating VE
    I explained a simple fix for the enmity cap in another thread - allow PLD to break the cap through Job Traits. A PLD could still have their enmity decay below the standard cap and thus lose hate, but this would allow them to maintain a hold much more readily.
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaderofAtlantis View Post
    I explained a simple fix for the enmity cap in another thread - allow PLD to break the cap through Job Traits. A PLD could still have their enmity decay below the standard cap and thus lose hate, but this would allow them to maintain a hold much more readily.
    Even if they get more enmity, as long as DDs can deal more damage and not die, there is no reason to have a pld
    (1)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8