Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Juilan
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I think the price of shihei on siren has nerfed (lol thrown) shadow tanking... I don't like the idea of paying 90k/12 bags for something I can go through like hmm [insert analog here] so I started blood tanking on pld/war mnk/war and war/sam lol
    (0)

Character
    Jager
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    Shadows don't have much to do with tanking any more... it's more about the counter.
    /uncovers head in relinquishment.
    Crap. My 2yr disappearance is showing. Okay, ...nerf counter tanks...?
    /covers head

Quote Originally Posted by Martel
    Well.. If SE wanted to be reeeeallly obnoxious, they could implement all the new NMs with Ironclad melee mechanics. AoE, shadow wiping, classified as WS(and thus uncounterable), melee hits. Hmmm, I'd laugh so hard if they actually did that.
    /points at Martel
    What he said.
    (0)
    "I find bliss in ignorance. Less I hear the less you'll say. But you'll find that out anyway."
    - Linkin Park (Dedicated to all the trolls and flamers out there)

Character
    Wolfemasters
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    How about this, give PLD an ability (low level and increase effect as they level up) that allows them to constantly gain enmity, just from being engaged with a mob? Then you can still use things like the SCH spell and other such things that slow or lessen enmity drain and help to beef up PLD again, taking them off the bench and putting them back into the game!

Nah, when I start making logical sense like this, it means the job is doomed forever. SE will never listen to my ideas. Want proof? Just give it time, SE will prove me right.
    (0)
    "Love thy wolf, more than thy neighbor." ~ W. Masters
    "I'm sorry if you don't like me, but I'm not sorry for being who I am." ~ W. Masters
    "There's nothing wrong with being wrong." ~ W. Masters

Quality of Life Ideas & More:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/43689-Quality-of-Life-Ideas-More

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    How about this, give PLD an ability (low level and increase effect as they level up) that allows them to constantly gain enmity, just from being engaged with a mob? Then you can still use things like the SCH spell and other such things that slow or lessen enmity drain and help to beef up PLD again, taking them off the bench and putting them back into the game!

Nah, when I start making logical sense like this, it means the job is doomed forever. SE will never listen to my ideas. Want proof? Just give it time, SE will prove me right.
    Except this doesn't make logical sense. The issue with pld is not just that they can't keep hate but that a mnk deals dmg while tanking. Even if pld was given that ability as you suggest, why would any group bring pld along when a mnk can also do it and kill the mob faster?
    (0)

Character
    Loire
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Solution, make pld deal more dmg than other classes, ramp up reprisal dmg to not only deal significantly more dmg but also allow it to generate immense amounts of hate, ochain and we can remove all other classes from the game at this point.
    (0)

Character
    Aeonknight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    At this point I think people are giving MNK's wayyyy too much credit. On paper when the MNK's you describe are wearing perfect gear sets, rocking Empyrean H2H's, and have first hand experience on tanking just about anything... those are the types of MNK's that are hard to beat (at tanking).

But alas... not every MNK is a black belt toting bad ass. Like any job that is or has been a bandwagon job, there's plenty of players out there that do not fit this description. A good PLD will out tank a mediocre MNK any day of the week. Probably out damage too.

If you're good at your job, whether it be PLD, MNK or even PUP, you know how to make yourself useful and generally will have no problem justifying your spot in a party.
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    But alas... not every MNK is a black belt toting bad ass. Like any job that is or has been a bandwagon job, there's plenty of players out there that do not fit this description. A good PLD will out tank a mediocre MNK any day of the week. Probably out damage too.
    Doesn't work like that. You can't compare average to poor monks to good paladins. You compare average to poor monks to average to poor paladins. They're all terrible.

That out of the way, I do see what you're trying to say, because I am picky w/ my monks. There's only a handful of monks on my server that I'd bring to anything.
    (0)

Character
    Nepharite
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Adding all these abilities and such is just silly. Unless they make pld ridiculously powerful, mnk will win out.

Now if they change the way enmity is gained through damage done, then it would destroy mnk tanking.
    (0)

Since when does PLD have issues holding hate anyways? Holding hate is the least of any melee's concerns, all you need to do is, what, 6k-8k damage to cap your Enmity? That's 1-2 Smites or 1-2 Chant du Cynges. Both jobs can cap hate on anything in 30 seconds, the issue becomes that a CdC PLD is doing less overall damage than a Victory Smite Mnk. Adding Enmity tools and Defensive buffs won't do anything at all to change that.
    (0)

Character
    Wolfemasters
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeonk View Post
    At this point I think people are giving MNK's wayyyy too much credit. On paper when the MNK's you describe are wearing perfect gear sets, rocking Empyrean H2H's, and have first hand experience on tanking just about anything... those are the types of MNK's that are hard to beat (at tanking).

If you're good at your job, whether it be PLD, MNK or even PUP, you know how to make yourself useful and generally will have no problem justifying your spot in a party.
    Not true, my buddy is a brown belt MNK, with full Emp+1 and Destroyers. Not that Godly, but he easily out tanks PLD without even trying, and the PLD in question had full Emp+2, Emp weap fully upgraded (I forget the name) and had some other really nice gear swaps while he was playing. My buddy made him look like a joke without trying and we both felt pretty bad for the PLD.
    (0)
    "Love thy wolf, more than thy neighbor." ~ W. Masters
    "I'm sorry if you don't like me, but I'm not sorry for being who I am." ~ W. Masters
    "There's nothing wrong with being wrong." ~ W. Masters

Quality of Life Ideas & More:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/43689-Quality-of-Life-Ideas-More

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast