Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sebi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Enough. 99 BRD, Still singing same song from level 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Reain View Post
    Definitely want Massacre Elegy. Fast cast would be useful, but I think I would rather have something exclusive to bard. COR has caster's roll which gives fast cast. Cor has a lot of the good buffs actually. A Quick song effect would be very cool for songs cast with Gjallarhorn (100% quick magic effect on songs), but would probably be too much.

Other random ideas for Bard. Not neccesarily G.horn.

A song which reduces the size of the area of effect of enemy abilities.(does not stack with elegy/next AoE ability only perhaps)
    A song which increases the rate of shield blocking/parrying/countering for party members within area of effect for jobs who have those skills.
    A song which increases the rate of skill ups for combat/magic skills.
    A song which increases the maximum casting range for party members in area of effect
    A song which occasionally turns enmity gained on an action into enmity loss.
    A song which draws in an enemy/party member.
    A song which occasionally maximizes magic accuracy for party members within area of effect.
    A song which causes damage over time effects of an element to recover party member's HP when used in conjunction with Carol II.
    A song which removes a monster's elemental affinity. Resistance to this effect builds similar to gravity.
    A song which activates aftermath effects. Strength of aftermath based on singing/instrument skill.
    A song which provides TP bonus.
    A song which knocks back an enemy(wind instrument/enemy target), knocks all enemies away from the bard within area of effect(stringed instruemnt/self target)
    A song which increases resistance to all status effects.
    A song which increases resistance to death.
    A song which inflicts amnesia on a monster or a song that increases the amount of TP required for a monster to use a TP move.(does not stack with elegy)
    Chocobo hum and Cactuar Fugue.
    A song which occasionally gives the effect of quick magic to party members within area of effect.
    A song which lowers the recast on job abilities/increases the rate at which reuse timers count down.
    A song which reduces damage taken (for when scherzo doesn't trigger)
    A set of songs which when paired tranfer a portion of enmity generated from the the recipient(s) of one song to the recipient of the other song.
    A song that makes melee attacks AoE like an ironclad.

A job ability that centres the next song on a party/alliance member.(mythic or empyrean harp effect)
    A Job abilty that makes the next single target song AoE.
    A job ability that prevents a monster from dispelling/asborbing the next song casted.

A job trait that prevent etude degredation.
    A job trait that enhances the strength of songs when more than 1 bard is present in a party.

Equipment that enhances the potency/duration/number of songs castable with marcato.
    After seeing the recent release of the relics at 99, every single relic/mythic/Emp gets huge boost of stats and usefulness. I patiently months for any changes to direction of BRD updates. They only go in one direction, straight down the toilet. Each update sadder and more useless then it's previous.

Take this as rant or another bogus complaint of a dying job but the Dev team has honestly not even TRIED this update or any of the last 4-5 to add BRD to new "Balanced" FFXI. If you took half the effort you spent into DRK, SAM & WAR, I swear we would have a use for BRD in this new system of events.

Above are suggestions, made over and over by "Career BRDs" people who give a damm and want to see change. There is 7 page thread, with 3 pages following the above post of comments and ways they can be implemented. The poster above already did the thinking for you. Nothing difficult about changing or adding anything from above, I mean really how hard was it for you guys to think of the carol II useless set?

Every other job is reaching their peak, as if the game was back at 75. They are useful, they are refreshed in a sort of way, they are even completely changed. You guys took 3 pages to make changes to PUP. Brought it out of a long grave, why hasn't the same come for BRD by now. It did afterall come first.

I do have Ghorn, planning on a pink Harp but BRD needs major changes and fast. In addition to all the suggest from above. The dev team can nerf/change the following:

Army Paeon I-VI - In addition to giving Regen, now should give a Adloquium-like Regain. 1/tic regain.

Knight's Minne - In addition to Defense, should give a phalanx-like effect or help in magic defense bonus.

Foe Requiem - Higher DMG per tic. Dia-like effect, lowers def. (Landing it on something worthwhile would also be a plus.)

Madrigal - Acc is capped for everyone, Changing effect to give Critical hit rate+ would be far more useful.

March - Magic Haste cap is very limiting, March should have it's own form of "Non" magic haste when natural haste cap is reached.

Pining Nocturne - Needs to stack with addle, this spell conflicts with Addle in Voidwatch, may jeopardize a proc, while waiting for it to wear.

Etude - As the WHM Boost Spells just reached 25 stats, these need to be increased in potency and turned into AoE spells.

Finale - With instruments that have +Finale effect, this songs, needs to be able to dispel multiple debuffs.

Minuet - Add Store TP or Save TP to this set of songs, as attack can reach a cap and recent WSs have attack penalties.

Prelude - Just like ACC, Range accuracy is seldom a problem now for RNGs. Adding snapshot to this set of songs would truly enhance BRD effectiveness towards range attack jobs. Currently COR is carrying the torch.

Ballad - MP is no longer an issue, due abyssea/voidwatch Temp items. Adding either Fastcast or MP while resting to this might make it more appealing (/shrug.)

The above are suggestions to songs we already have, granted some of them are more lucrative than others, these changes are vital, take from it as you need. Add to it what you want. At the end of the day, BRD needs change and fast.
    (6)
    Last edited by Sebi; 02-16-2012 at 02:42 AM.

Character
    Zikon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Hire this guy and implement his stuff
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Most of that stuff is overpowered. I like that.
    (1)

Player
    The songs could have a 1-2 minute duration with a 5 minute recast.
    (0)
    Live, Laugh, LOVE.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    99.9% of these are stupid..
    (3)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I honestly think the feasible buffs and songs we could get for Bard at the moment are...

-Tier III March
    -TP Regain (Starting out at 1tp/regain, would greatly benefit Gjallarhorn owners)
    -Massacre Elegy (Whatever happened to this?)
    -MDB down Song (...Whatever happened to this as well?)
    -Requiem actually landing on NMs/Bosses
    -A Job Trait that reduces Song Spellcasting Time (I still think a lvl 99 Bard should be able to play songs at least slightly faster than a lvl 1 one, regardless of gear. x.x)

I'd also like to see Finale actually dispel multiple debuffs as well, especially against mobs that absorb crap tons of party buffs like Sandworms/Vampyrs.

Would be nice if community reps could ask Dev team about this stuff and kinda give us a status update on Bard. :/
    (1)

Character
    Sebi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Whole point of my post is to give them a sense of direction to move into. I know most are over the top, but it gives the Dev team somewhere to start. Creelo's post is very realistic, very simple and I am surprised we didn't even get those basic songs yet. (also only way it seems they ever reply to these things, is if it becomes a "Hot Topic", get posting people. This means YOU, my fellow lurker BRDs!)
    (0)

Character
    Reain
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The problem I see with this is, rephrasing it you're suggesting:

adding Tactician's Roll to Army Paeon I-VI.
    adding Magus's Roll to Minne
    adding Rogue's Roll to Madrigal.
    adding Samurai's Roll/Miser's Roll to Minuet.
    adding Courser's Roll to Prelude.
    adding Caster's Roll to Ballad.

The corsairs are going to kill you.

I think these changes are unlikely. It's a bit like asking Fighter's roll to give 20% haste and Earth shot to inflict 50% slow. I think Bard and Corsair should be unique and compliment each other, not compete for each other's buffs.

Even if we were to get these types of buffs I think they would be seperate songs so you have to decide which songs to use.

I think they will fix requiem resistance as the same time they fix enfeebling resistance. It's kinda funny and sad we can cast requiem 7 times in a row using 7 tiers and get resisted all 7 times on nearly every monster.

I would like Nocturne and Addle to stack, even if it was just the -magic accuracy effect that stacked and only the stronger +casting time effect applied.

It would be great if Etudes/Preludes/Sirvente/Dirge were made AoE since we can single target them with Pianissimo now and it wouldn't be overpowered at 99 cap.

Magic Finale dispelling multiple effects would be welcome, but it is less of an issue since the minimum recast time update.

I'd say all the songs we've got since the level cap was increased from 75 are good, except Nocturne. But they aren't very exciting, mostly new tiers of stuff we had. I wanted new, exciting, exclusive effects, which is what I was trying to suggest.

Saying that, I still think we should get our Tier3 Madrigal/Mambo/March. I really wonder what the tier3 Mambo would be called.

I would also like either a Pet: March song(I think haste is our territory) or a Job ability that makes the next song(or next 2 songs) cast on party members affect their pets aswell.

Can Dark Carol II annul death? Has anyone seen it happen?

It would be nice for them to post something about bard.
    (0)

Character
    Sebi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I am an Armaggedon COR, love the job. Nothing against it. All I said/proposed was our songs to have the usefulness of their rolls. The fact that Cor has 12 levels of power in each roll 1-12, they would never nerf our songs to have anything near a roll of 11.

Also with this being said, I don't see how they will ever "compete" for buffer slot. BRD is a full time buffer, relies mostly on other people. While COR has stepped forward into a primary source of DMG for majority of VW. Bring BRD out of the grave it's in, will not and should not have an effect of COR's Reign.

My ideas are out of the box and very high on the expectations of the Dev team. However, if you guys haven't learned anything so far. When you propose things on here, go heavy because they are going to always downsize and disappoint you.

The only spell that turned out to be a game changer above 75 was Scherzo, being so unique. It was nice to get something out of the box for BRD. Beyond that you can tell the Dev team gave up. "Here's a boat load of Carols." It's not even Xmas anymore~ heh.
    (0)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebi View Post
    The fact that Cor has 12 levels of power in each roll 1-12, they would never nerf our songs to have anything near a roll of 11.
    Although SE has stated they wanted corsair rolls to be roughly the same strength as 2 bard songs when cor hits 11 on a roll, this simply is not the case. Several key rolls (dnc, smn, pld) are significantly weaker than their song counterparts, especially if you factor in marcato or soul voice. And as the title of this thread implies, the same songs are always used (double march unless using SV, marcato, more than one bard, or daurdabla), and corsair has nothing that can stack up to marches yet. Miser's roll came darned close, but it's getting nerfed next update.

My opinion is that if they're going to be boosting songs, they should be boosting the songs that bards never use, not the ones we use all the time. That would encourage some thought on the part of the bard instead of just mindlessly using the same ones over and over. So I disagree when the OP says march, minuet, and ballad needs boosts. Madrigal, I'm kinda on the fence about... it's still situationally useful and still one of the staple songs of the job. Stuff like paeon, minne, etudes, and the status resist songs though, sure, boost the hell outta those. Make them strong enough that a bard would have to stop and think "is double march really the best option right now...?" every now and then.
    (2)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast