Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Tazz
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

Drain/Aspir Staff

Okay which is better Diabolos's Pole or the magian dark damage +6 staff. I am talking if not resisted or that. Double dark weather is ALWAYS present in dynamis as well so would Diabolos's Pole yield more hp/mp or would the magian staff be better to go after?
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Depends on how strong the effects are.

Assuming that Diabolos's Pole boosts the spells by 25% and the Magic Affinity Damage +6 Staff brings it up +35% you'd be 10% better off with the Magian Staff.

Don't forget to bring your Twilight Cape (5%) and Anrin Obi (25%) for an additional 30% boost. Also bring Hirudinea Earring (2.5%) and Excelsis Ring (5%) for an even bigger boost.
    (0)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Last I checked, Diabolos's Pole was around 10% at most, whereas the Magian Staff is 35%. I know for a fact when I looked into this at 75 cap that Pluto's Staff beat Diabolos's Pole.
    (1)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

If i remember correct, potency never affected drain/aspir the reason to use the dark staff was for the m.acc; I currently use Bounty Sickle. If I am wrong, let me know and i'll swap my macro to my magian staff.

edit:
    economizer, the day/weather bonus from obi isn't a static 25%, and the cap on that bonus is 25% so using obi and twilight cape in double weather+day still =25%
    (0)
    Last edited by Chimerawizard; 05-31-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    the Magic Affinity Damage +6 Staff brings it up +35%
    0.o

I have no idea how the common sense works for '+6' equating to '35%' (from SE, I mean. Not from you). I had never realised that the bonuses from the staffs were so much, so I never bothered to do them.

Guess I might bother to do 1, or maybe 2 now, though inv space is the big killer. Maybe after prism staff is released...
    (0)

Character
    Alkimi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yeah Affinity+1 = 10% and then every +1 after that is 5% more.

I know it, it makes no sense.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimerawizard View Post
    If i remember correct, potency never affected drain/aspir the reason to use the dark staff was for the m.acc; I currently use Bounty Sickle. If I am wrong, let me know and i'll swap my macro to my magian staff.

edit:
    economizer, the day/weather bonus from obi isn't a static 25%, and the cap on that bonus is 25% so using obi and twilight cape in double weather+day still =25%
    Affinity affects drain/aspir max damage; bounty's increase is the same as pluto's, except pluto's has magic accuracy as well. Bounty is -inventory in this case (if you were using pluto's for anything requiring magic accuracy, if you have completed dark damage staff I would carry that and not bother with pluto's or bounty).
    (0)

Character
    Danntay
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimerawizard View Post
    edit:
    Pretty sure the cap is +35%
    (0)

well, ToM staff it is!

Just looking on BGwiki 2xWeather=25% day=10% so cap would be 35%, i always thought 2x weather was 15%.

I've been using the scythe for red proc's in abyssea anyway on WAR so I may not toss it anyway, at least not til I get something more Bahamuty...
    (0)

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Got this nifty head piece off a lower tier vw mob .....cannot for the life of me remember the name atm, but my aspir/drains seen a noticable boost.
    (0)
    In our wake will be smoke fire and burnt charred remains of those that have fell before us, We will not remember their names, as they are no more, the next challenge, the next horizon is what we strive for and Demand it be met with Ferocity, We Grin at the Possibility of death, Fear no Mob that walks Vana'diel or it's Realms, there is no tomorrow, there is only now, For pride, for honor, for Glory We are The Knights of Pegasus.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast