Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zelduh
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Please implement countermeasures for cheaters in Nyzul Isle Uncharted Region

I've been reading all of the main FFXI Community Boards, and many people are extremely excited to use illegal third party tools to gain an unfair advantage over other players by being able to use these tools to circumvent the mechanics that were intended for Nyzul Isle. Please implement a countermeasure change of some sort that will prevent players from utilizing this exploit to their advantage and hurting other players as well as disrupting the balance of the game. Thank you.
    (13)

Character
    Agetos
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    True some people were talking about it on the ffxiah forums. someone should try and monitor if they can. But as far as the new content goes it's extremely nice. the drop rates are very fair and the new floor system is very interesting. it can either help you get to a boss floor faster or be a cruel mistress and put you 1 floor over what you wanted. considering all the new gear that can come from the different boss floors i'd say the chances of getting to floor 100 are very slim but that is to be expected for the +5 final form gear which btw is extremely sexy looking. Very nice work on this one devs.
    (2)

Player
    The only reason such talk has erupted is due to how terrible this event is. If Square made it possible so that floors 80-100 could be reliably reached by a competent party *without* cheating, I'm sure the talk would die off. As it stands, the event is a gigantic waste of time and no sense of progression is achieved; it's all based on dumb, extreme luck.
    (33)

The best way to avoid people resorting to hacking, is to add content that doesn't require it, not content that basically demands you hack to get anywhere. I am not promoting hacking, I am simply mad at SE for designing content that is so poorly executed the only way to almost effectively go about trying to complete it is to hack. And even with that, you're still not going to accomplish anything most of the time. Personally, I refuse to even be involved in this trash event, the only 2 items I even wanted were nerfed and made basically useless anyway, so I don't care.

Really though, I am amazed SE managed to design something that is actually WORSE then voidwatch...
    (30)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Eurell
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Castoth View Post
    The only reason such talk has erupted is due to how terrible this event is. If Square made it possible so that floors 80-100 could be reliably reached by a competent party *without* cheating, I'm sure the talk would die off. As it stands, the event is a gigantic waste of time and no sense of progression is achieved; it's all based on dumb, extreme luck.

this ^

At an average of 5 floors per ??? jump, you would still have to beat 20 floors (more if a ??? jump could put you past floor 100, in which case you would want to start going one floor at a time around 94 or so). And after beating all those floors in under 90 seconds a floor, you would still only have a 1/15 chance to get the piece you are after. It's a horrible system as it stands.

Honestly, it probably would have been perfect if it was set up like old Nyzul as far as, feet on floor 20, legs on 40, etc, let you save your floors and start somewhere above 1 (even if it was only every 10 floors instead of 5 to maintain balance lol) and then just involved some sort of Magian trial to upgrade the gear. Something like kill the floor 20 boss 5 times to upgrade a feet piece wouldve been fine. That would've been very time consuming, but at least given people a chance to make progress on their gear every day. As it stands now, It's a completely luck based event with 0 progression.

I admit there might be something the player base is missing of course (its only been a day so far), but it's not like Nyzul is a new event. People already know what we have to do to progress, the only confusing thing so far is why the disc bothers to record your progress, when it starts you at floor 1 every time.
    (3)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Are you talking about identifying lamp orders? That's the only abusable mechanic I know of and it could be easily prevented (although it should have never occurred in the first place, I don't know who at SE thought ordering the lamps like that).

I'm not aware of any hacks applicable to Nyzul Isle, or what in particular are you referring to?
    (2)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Seriously, I'm anti-third party tools, but this effects you in no way. Stop crying over such nonsense.
    (10)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Are you talking about identifying lamp orders? That's the only abusable mechanic I know of and it could be easily prevented (although it should have never occurred in the first place, I don't know who at SE thought ordering the lamps like that).

I'm not aware of any hacks applicable to Nyzul Isle, or what in particular are you referring to?
    See through walls, walk through walls, run at 200%+ speed fulltime, get an enemy-populated map of the area, etc could all be used to significantly shorten the amount of time it takes to clear any given floor.

Most of the talk on BG about this is generally more along the vein of "God dammit, I do not want any event where I have to use X, Y, Z to win it. This is screwed up."
    (13)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    See through walls, walk through walls, run at 200%+ speed fulltime, get an enemy-populated map of the area, etc could all be used to significantly shorten the amount of time it takes to clear any given floor.
    I see, I was wondering about Nyzul-specific hacks, although it does seem to be more susceptible/incentive to the use of those.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    etc could all be used to significantly shorten the amount of time it takes to clear any given floor
    Okay I thought the OP was talking about some new exploit made possible with third party tools and not the wall hack stuff that cheaters have been using on Nyzul. Thank you for explaining what's going on since the OP didn't, it certainly makes it less scary.

---

Honestly, if they didn't fix it then, I don't think they are going to fix it now. Nor do I think they are going to temp ban anyone short of going over chat logs after someone in a group reports someone and finding people gloating.

It is wrong, people shouldn't be defending it regardless of the issue that (at least based on the information we have now) the new Nyzul area has very specific progression issues for being able to get gear over time. If people want the event to be fixed, they should be ignoring the cheaters because SE shouldn't balance around them and talk about what would fix this. Here is a link to a good thread for that. If people want to talk about implementing more counter measures for cheaters then I suppose they should post here, but again, I don't think SE is going to do much about a minority of people using the equivalent to wall hacks if they didn't do something four years ago, especially when it isn't on the level of forcing an item to drop that wasn't intended to - they probably value other adjustments more and have limited resources.
    (5)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast