Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Must be kinda embarassing thinking all the playerbase was going to spam the crap out of this and almost nobody is doing it, especially since this is pretty much the only addition this update. At least when WoE failed they had VW too.

Imagine the meeting at the dev team bosses today I don't know why the test server exists, they don't listen at all and still make crap content lol
    NO MORE DUMB LUCK BASED SYSTEMS PLEASE.
    Good luck with that, Square worhsips the random number generator way too much. It's a wonderful timesink adder to almost anythin g.
    (9)

Player
    100m the first group that reaches floor 100 times out before they can lot their gear.
    (3)

I'm awaiting the official response from SE about this system - additional info and more upset user stories can be found here:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/109245-Neo-Nyzul-Isle (started by Byrth - 10 pages so far)
    http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/28...isle-uncharted (started by Riken - 6 pages so far)
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Not liking the sounds of this incarnation, either. Wasn't excited before since it didn't seem new enough. The finer details just kinda killed it.

As others have noted, the goal for many will be hoping for floor 60 and getting a drop. Anything after is more veering more toward luck than skill. Had I the means to wave a magic wand and revamp this, I'd make it so a Neo-Runic Disc saves your progress every 10 levels. Floor 20 will continue to drop the NQ pieces, but 40/60/80/100 will go on to drop up to 4 upgrade items you'd maybe need 5 of to upgrade a given piece. NMs sub-20 would have a chance to drop an NQ armor with those 21+ having a chance to drop one upgrade item relative to their eventual boss tier. Since the disc would save your progress, I'd also remove the random option, leaving it so people have to always climb 10 floors to either reach their desired boss or make it to the next jump point for a future run. This also eliminates the stupidity of overjumping a boss floor with a random selection rolling higher than the average possibility.

Some seem to like the idea of upping the event timer to 45 minutes, but even at 9 floors every time per random, that's 12 jumps to hit 100. If you wanted to go with the 5.5 average, it's 19. That translates to about 142 seconds per floor. Large floors can easily munch up that time, especially if it's kill all or a (difficult) leader positioned far from the lamp. Ultimately, I feel like it'd just shift the expectation of decent groups from 60 to 80, occasionally getting to 100 if objectives really favor you.
    (2)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The dumb luck sytem sucks, I'll agree, but I like how it's now a case of needing a solid group to get to Floor x and to get drops. It would be better if you had more chance to random warp to a boss floor, so many times we were say at floor 54 and warped to 61.
    (0)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm sure if you get green proc on the mobs by trading them random Rare/Ex items dependant on their subjobs, it will increase the number of floors you jump each time.

/facetious off
    (2)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    This is revenge of Tanaka on the entire playerbase.

LUCK and nothing else is the name of the game. This started with VW and now Neo Nyzul Isle.

It's pure stupid that in VW ppl who are completely clueless on their jobs only need luck to get all the ra/ex under 10 run while you have ppl who has slaved their life away going over 300+ and still dont get the ra/ex bodies.

Thanks SE. Nice trolling on the playerbase.
    (10)

Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    Still, the system itself is crap and no one warned us about that @_@.

Surely there were people on test server who took one look at the 2-9 ??? and did some back-of-the-envelope math. Maybe no one gave a shit about it back then either.
    The internet has a finite amount of outrage / shits to give. People had to prioritize and focus their bitching if they wanted any headway into more important issues (eg, the level 99 trials). Unfortunately, this means plenty of other terrible, terrible decisions slipped under the radar because they were Bad but "Not as bad as the level 99 trials".
    (5)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    This system is terrible.
    (11)

Character
    Ryce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    what a bummer. I was hoping this would be cool.
    (2)

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast