Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    Character
    Atoreis
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Well nvm only floor that have ss proof is 99.
    (0)

Sad Day -

Also i forgot to give them Credit. Legion is going to have R.n.g and Progression (Legion points). So they are making an effort.
    (2)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Sad Day -

Also i forgot to give them Credit. Legion is going to have R.n.g and Progression (Legion points). So they are making an effort.
    I'm seeing this as more stalling tactics until they get Legion out the door. Still Legion isn't going to be enough for "End Game" type content, not unless they throw in some really stupid RNG BS again.
    (2)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    The amount of mad in this thread is delicious.

The new Nyzul is fine the way it is. I've been wasting my tags on it daily as they recharge, and am yet to hit past F60 boss. Really enjoying it.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazusu View Post
    The amount of mad in this thread is delicious.

The new Nyzul is fine the way it is. I've been wasting my tags on it daily as they recharge, and am yet to hit past F60 boss. Really enjoying it.
    I've hit past floor 60 As well, I've even seen some +2 Drops. Doesn't mean the Event is fine.

You should spend a few months playing other games, MMO and offline, And truly get a grasp of how well an event or activity in a game can be planned to be challenging and rewarding. Its just those who have only known FFXI don't really know how far behind the game is, Don't know what good content looks like. Good challenge and reward ratio.

No ones perfect of course though. SE Just has a lot of room for improvement they chose to ignore. The event offers some fun for a few people, But it could offer A lot of fun for A lot of people with just a little more caring and planning.
    (10)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 02-18-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Character
    Slayerofgods
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Well, I'm a bit disapointed... Hope the cost of temps will drop drastically.

for the NQ and other useless Armor concerns, because yeah they are absolutely useless until +3 which is not bad but not great either, here's my suggestion :

Why not implement a "mini quest" with Ghanraam (NPC for Salvage upgrade and Mythic Weapons storage) to upgrade a set of items ?

Requires NQ, +1, +2, +3 (all four) and some stack of Synthetis Material to upgrade to the corresponding HQ Armor (1 piece of the set)

[EDIT] forgot the Imperial Currency to pay.

So that, you can have luck and go to 100 but also see some progress if you get some other piece. And since there is a total of 15 different items can drop from lvl 20>80 Boss. It requires a lonnnnng time to get them all to upgrade a single piece of a set.

It's like combining Nyzul and Salvage reward system.
    (4)
    Last edited by Arek; 02-18-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    In contrast to Nyzul Isle Investigation where the strategy revolved around 5 floor increments, Nyzul Isle Uncharted Region’s degree of challenge has been set quite difficult.
    Fighting against the random number generator does not constitute a challenge, and is not an acceptable obstacle to place between players and their goals. It is bad game design.

I want you to make that abundantly clear in your feedback to the higher-ups.
    (9)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I would not be surprised whatsoever if the lock trick meets it's demise at the hands of neo nyzul, accompanied by thousands of cries when brew lock dies with it.

Btw lol @ people(it's like 0.000000000000001% of posters here) who think they're the only hardcore player on these forums. Because casual players care so much about the game that they spend all day on these forums and stuff. Yeah. Makes sense. Just like how the luck factor is somehow a good thing. Having the luck factor for drops is one thing. Having it dictate whether you get into the position or not to obtain drops is entirely something else and I don't think that is quite sinking in for a few folks.

BTW neo Nyzul is casual content. Just for the record. When SE gives us another sea/sky/hardmodeabyssea/ground kings we'll talk hardcore.

Now with that said, I'm happy for everyone who enjoys a 0/300 voidwatch or a Wheel of Fortune neo nyzul. If that's your thing then that's your thing, doing content a shitzillion times for the RNG to rule in your favor. Personally I rather do hard with "high" drop rates because I know I won't have to do hard a shitzillion times. In either case that's the point of playing a game, is to enjoy it. But don't pretend for one second that you're the only person around here who enjoys working your ass off for rewards others will never have. It's lol to be preached to about the merits of being hardcore when next to no one around here who posts on a regular basis has less than several hundred days of log time to their credit, and many have clocked over 1,000. You are preaching to the choir.
    (2)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Atoreis
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxeus
    First attempt at this nyzle isle thing
    went drg/sam, drk/sam, blu/rdm, whm/sch, thf/war, brd mule
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxeus
    i think everyone is making a big deal about the difficulty of this.. i mean our first three attempts we got to 99 > 95 > 80 boss killed.... i mean seriously..

and we didnt have 2 sch's embravaing whole time.. we had a mule bard who BARELY gave us songs..

we didnt have 2 ukkos wars, we had a drk and drg, along with a blu and thf...
    any more whining? lol
    (1)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arek View Post
    So that, you can have luck and go to 100 but also see some progress if you get some other piece. And since there is a total of 15 different items can drop from lvl 20>80 Boss. It requires a lonnnnng time to get them all to upgrade a single piece of a set.
    Basically this idea. We don't need it to be easier, and we don't mind floor 100 as the easiest method to get it. We just want a progression method for people who grind it out, even if it takes 100x longer then a solid group with a pinch of luck.

Please don't mistake a progression system for easy, it doesn't have to be, but even the boldest Corsair makes their own luck.
    (7)

Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast