Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Greetings!

Thanks for all the feedback thus far. We've submitted it to the development team and will try and get some comments for you as soon as we can.

After monitoring conditions for a couple days we will be removing the 30 minute wait time after completing a run of Nyzul Isle Uncharted Region from today.

We will be keeping an eye on the situation and depending on conditions we will be looking at either getting rid of the wait time or returning to the 30 minute wait time.
    (15)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Yygdrasil
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Thanks for that one. I'm pretty certain that you won't have to worry about congestion in the zone... but it's nice for those of us who actually intend on continuing our efforts within the event.

I think it's more of a concern to the player-base that it's damn near impossible to reach floor 80... let alone 100.

Time will tell I suppose. There are those speculating that there could be a way to increase the maximum jump of a ??? to something higher than 9 if you've recorded high enough already... and other who speculate that there might be some trick that we have yet to figure out. I personally don't have my hopes set nearly as high. Given the recent announcement of the requirements for a 99 Mythic, I'm anticipating it being yet another unattainable goal designed to loom over us and like a proverbial Sword of Damocles... ready to snap from it's fragile string at any time and cut off all of our hopes and dreams.
    (1)
    \(^_^ [Bastok Rank 10] | [Windurst Rank 10] ^_^)/ | [San d'Oria NEVER!]
    [CoP Done] | [ZM Done] | [ToAU Done] | [WotG Done (B Done / W Done / S NEVER!)]
    [ACP Done] | [ASA Done] | [MKD 1]
    [Kannagi: O] / [Armageddon: O] / [Nirvana: Working on it...]

Character
    Slayerofgods
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Hi !

I'm just gonna add my comment on my 1st run yesterday.
    Party of 6 : DRK, DRK, THF, COR, NIN and WHM (Caladbolg x2, Kannagi, Mandau and COR had Wildfire but don't know if it was Armageddon or not)

7 Floors in 30 min with 2 deaths and sticking together as much as we can, we lose some times to get to the rune quickly : 2 Family, 2 Kill All, 1 Spec, 1 Leader and Boss at level 40. 10 min warning at floor 32 (the 6th of our run).

Got a lucky up 32 > 40

Boss was Stealthlord Haraal Ja. Beat him with some Temps. No drops and leave the zone. Less than 500 Tokens. About 2 or 3 single Alexandrites drops in the run.

I spent 800 Tokens on "must have" Temps so I lost 300 Tokens on that run. I have some saved but if the Devs team want us to do 1 > 100 in one go, we need those temps every run so I think it would be nice if they increase reward in Tokens at least to lose nothing.

I'm sure player base don't know everyting about this event yet. I wonder the meaning of save the progression on the Runic Disc.
    (3)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arek View Post
    Hi !

I'm sure player base don't know everyting about this event yet. I wonder the meaning of save the progression on the Runic Disc.
    maybe it saves the floors that you have completed, and then picks random ones that you haven't done each time you go up, and then when you have completed all 100, it gives you a new key or w/e that allows you to select starting floors or something? in that way, you would climb 1-100, but all out of order.
    (0)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 02-17-2012 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings!

Thanks for all the feedback thus far. We've submitted it to the development team and will try and get some comments for you as soon as we can.

After monitoring conditions for a couple days we will be removing the 30 minute wait time after completing a run of Nyzul Isle Uncharted Region from today.

We will be keeping an eye on the situation and depending on conditions we will be looking at either getting rid of the wait time or returning to the 30 minute wait time.
    Well, that's something at least. Any word on if they have any intention of actually changing anything significant in this event? Or if they're even willing too in the first place?

The biggest problem with the devs is that, once something's released, they absolutely refuse to change it in any significant manner without first waiting several years (dynamis). On the test server, the vast majority of the feedback I read for this event was negative, and when you combine that with us not even being able to test what drops what, this event was basically thrown to the live servers with no real testing, thus defeating the purpose of the test server and insulting the people who put time into testing it and giving you the feedback you asked for in the first place.

This version update should not have happened.
    (6)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

On the test server, the vast majority of the feedback I read for this event was negative
    I didn't see much negativity until the reward system was unveiled. Before then it was just a tougher nyzul with random floors. That would have been fine if they added a reward scheme that made sense. Instead they built a scheme where the average B+ player has no hope. The A+ players have only a vague glimmer of hope. And the cheaters and hackers have a faint hope.

Hopefully there is a trick to it. I assume after all the negativity, SE will have to reveal that within the next week or so. If they stay silent then it is what it is and will soon fall by the wayside.

Its funny how so many people were clamouring for tougher events, then when they give them to us, we either ignore them (WoE), learn exploitive tactics (temp/zerging VWNM), or complain bitterly (Nyzul, VW and WoE).

Abyssea still is popular and filled with folks more than two years after its introduction despite being "easy mode". Sometimes gamers want to just have fun, not feel like being nailed to a cross every time we log in.
    (13)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Yygdrasil
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Theytak View Post
    Well, that's something at least. Any word on if they have any intention of actually changing anything significant in this event? Or if they're even willing too in the first place?

The biggest problem with the devs is that, once something's released, they absolutely refuse to change it in any significant manner without first waiting several years (dynamis). On the test server, the vast majority of the feedback I read for this event was negative, and when you combine that with us not even being able to test what drops what, this event was basically thrown to the live servers with no real testing, thus defeating the purpose of the test server and insulting the people who put time into testing it and giving you the feedback you asked for in the first place.

This version update should not have happened.
    Agreed '.')b
    (0)
    \(^_^ [Bastok Rank 10] | [Windurst Rank 10] ^_^)/ | [San d'Oria NEVER!]
    [CoP Done] | [ZM Done] | [ToAU Done] | [WotG Done (B Done / W Done / S NEVER!)]
    [ACP Done] | [ASA Done] | [MKD 1]
    [Kannagi: O] / [Armageddon: O] / [Nirvana: Working on it...]

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings!

Thanks for the update, Camate.

I think the biggest question that a lot of us have is simply, "Are we missing something?".

Negative commentary on just-released events is nothing new. No one understood the Dynamis proc system, or the Abyssea light system, etc on release either and trashed those events like nobody's business. The thing is, we're not entirely sure if there is some sort of dynamic system for us to figure out with Neo Nyzul. Thus far, everything seems fairly luck-based. There aren't weird lights or scattered staggers that we just don't understand yet, as far as we can tell.

If we're missing something, that's cool. A hint might be nice, but knowing that something is there for us to crack would go a long way.
    (7)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    (5)

Character
    Seig
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    what gets me is people always want to know more information. the light system was brought up in abyssea. people fail to realize that this is an Adventure game. and part of adventure is figuring shit out for yourself. if they release something and give you all the information about it, then there really is nothing to figure out for yourself, is there? it is an mmoRPG for a reason. and while some people complain about these events, i know a lot of people that love them. think of it as genres of music. i dont like rap bbut a lot of people do. events are kind of the same. not everyone is going to love every single event. the whole purpose of so many events is to give people choice. dont get me wrong, i am not saying the new nyzle doesnt need improvement. but saying that "this update should have never happened" is just plain dumb. so your saying that others should not have a choice in doing the event and take it out completely simply because a few people dont like it? ust because you dont like it, does not mean that no one likes it. get over yourself. and as for there being a lot of negativity on an event. stop listening to what others say and try it out for yourself. a little life lesson. dont always believe what you read.
    (1)
    Last edited by mattkoko; 02-17-2012 at 06:20 AM.

Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast