Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
    Sorry but this system is absolute bull. Luck should NEVER be a main gameplay mechanic. The 'luck' of getting a free floor in nyzul was fine; but having it be the main determiner of IF YOU WASTED YOUR TIME OR NOT; is absolutely disgusting and shows how out of touch YOU are with your customers.
    (13)

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Sorry but this system is absolute bull. Luck should NEVER be a main gameplay mechanic. The 'luck' of getting a free floor in nyzul was fine; but having it be the main determiner of IF YOU WASTED YOUR TIME OR NOT; is absolutely disgusting and shows how out of touch YOU are with your customers.
    Luck has been a gameplay mainstay of FFXI all along. Random drops, competition for claiming NM's, NM's doing back to back -ga spells followed by serious AoE TP move, floor layouts in original Nyzul (kill all psycheflayers), etc. This is just another case.

The problem is that there is no sense of progression. With original Nyzul you got closer to completing the runic disk which was a considerable reward in itself (less WS points needed for Nyzul WS). With Dynamis you got clears that advanced you to Xarca. With Einherjar you advanced to Odin. With Limbus you advanced to Proto-Omega and Ultima. There was progression in these events. Even Abyssea was progressive. You got stronger as you received more atma and abyssites, making content considerabely more attainable. +2 and Empy items were tangible evidence of getting closer to your goal.

With new Nyzul you go as far as you can and fail. Then do it again. And again. One day you might get lucky, but at no time when you start do you feel you're any closer to your goal than the first time you tried it.

But I'm fine with SE designing things for the elite and the cheats. I still have things I can enjoy as a casual player like neo-dyna, abyssea, VW. This new Nyzul should keep the "I want things tough" crowd satiated for quite some time.
    (9)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    any more whining? lol
    I know Toxleh, Damn good player, But i also know a little something that makes this example completely pointless.
    (10)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 02-18-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    I don't know how people can really bitch about this being a "luck based event" when every single event in the game is "luck based." If you aren't failing at getting bees to pop in Bhaflau, you're leveling woodworking in Logwatch or Walk of Logs.

At least with Nyzul Isle you have the potential to influence your "luck" by rising to meet the challenges presented to you as quickly as possible. A bad floor or two will definitely kill your chances at floor 100, but with Logwatch or Bees you're just stuck sitting there hoping the RNG favors you.
    Atleast Voidwatch allows you to do the content that gives you drops. Cant really say the same about Bhaflau of course, and its really discouraging to do 4/4 ramparts to 50% and see nothing.
    (2)

Player
    I did a 20 and 40 boss floor and no gear dropped. I can imagine getting to 100, super stressed out, intense battle against the clock, 2 minutes left and BAM nothing drops or you time out before the loot is cleared.
    (8)

6. 02-18-2012 02:05 PM

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    any more whining? lol
    As Karbuncle said, it's no secret how they did it. What we are asking SE is for a way for ppl who doesn't want to CHEAT to get to the 100th floor.
    (4)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Making it easier to continuously challenge Nyzul Isle Uncharted Region

1. Cost of Temporary Items
    For Nyzul Isle Investigation, the idea was to not worry so much about temporary items when going through non-boss floors, and to have a good amount of them for when you do fight bosses.
    On the other hand, for Nyzul Isle Uncharted Region, it’s hard to discern when you are just going to go through regular floors and when you are going to fight bosses, so each time you have to grab a large amount of temporary items, just in case.

As a result, in the case you don’t get through very many floors the possibility of you wasting tokens is high, and we have been noticing this happening more than we expected.

With that said, we will be looking into reducing the amount of tokens needed to purchase temporary items.
    As well as this, the token reward is quite low in comparison to old Nyzul. Whereby if you climbed say F61-65 you got around 1000 tokens, where as now if you climb F1-F65 you get more or less the same number of tokens as you would by doing F61-65 despite having cleared more floors.

Also I think the fear in this event that most people are worried about is the need to spam multiple floors, which will lead to overshooting on the floor your aiming for. Is this an issue with F100?
    (2)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Player
    The fact that the dev teams thinks the alexandrite drop rate is good as it is is absolutely mind-boggling.
    (6)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I would rather have some feeling that I can influence the outcome of my event than open my 200th capped-lights chest in Voidwatch or do my 50th bees run. Also, you should read the second point of SE's last post, Karb. They're describing what you're describing.

The odds of getting good gear are very low, and are potentially lower than they have ever been. If they implement the second point in their post correctly, though, I think the reward ratio would rival or exceed many of the old events. Implementing it correctly is a lot to ask though . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Helel View Post
    The fact that the dev teams thinks the alexandrite drop rate is good as it is is absolutely mind-boggling.
    This is definitely pretty confusing to me too. I can do a single Salvage run in the time it takes to do 2 NI runs and come out with 3-4 times the Alex.
    (6)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    In regards to the Alexandrite, I think the devs planned the drop rate with the amount of people doing it in mind- being the queues during JP prime that back at 75 cap. The idea being while each run only netted around 10~20 Alex, it would be more accessible and there would be more people selling. Kind of like how they did Dynamis Currency in Campaign, only with a better drop rate, they wanted people to do Dynamis for Currency farming and now they want people to do Salvage for Alexandrite farming.
    Saying that, they are taking too long to adjust Salvage in regards to making gear up-to-date when anyone who actually did Salvage back in the day would have wanted Salvage sets to be updated first- not Abjuration/Dyna/Nyzul stuff. At the moment the only issue I have with Alexandrite farming is getting people interested in doing Salvage.
    (4)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast