Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
    Its comforting to know everyone is pissed about this. I'm slightly less pissed as I once was, But still upset theres apparently a large uproar from NA and JP and they're adamantly refusing to change it.

I mean, the floor 100 Armor is really fking broken, So it makes sense to be rare... but...
    (4)

In Japan, SE will hold an event in June.

If you guys can participate in that event, then what do you say or act for developers?
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    The FFXI middle class is so insignificantly small that it really makes no difference one way or another. The vast majority of players are either good or terrible. The gradation exists, but it is underutilized and has very little bearing on practical discourse.

Most people think they fall into the middle when, in reality, they're not. Example #1: The guy who claims to be "Above average" earlier in this thread while wearing AF3+1 feet and Artemis Medal in a hodge-podge TP set on BLU.
    Disagree, entirely. I think the middle class predominates. You would agree that most elitists are generally done with Abyssea. Yet those zones are filled with folks every night I'm on. When we run our empy group, most of the competition is coming from groups like ours of average geared players killing the same mobs. When I farm in Dyna, its also filled with average geared BST's and THF's. These people are all over, but the elitists never see them since they run so far ahead of the curve they never linger.

Sadly I have no way to formally prove this, although when SE published mission completion rate a few years back and most players hadn't completed Promies, it kind of told you something about where the majority of players are at.
    (4)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirabelle View Post
    Disagree, entirely. I think the middle class predominates. You would agree that most elitists are generally done with Abyssea. Yet those zones are filled with folks every night I'm on. When we run our empy group, most of the competition is coming from groups like ours of average geared players killing the same mobs. When I farm in Dyna, its also filled with average geared BST's and THF's. These people are all over, but the elitists never see them since they run so far ahead of the curve they never linger.

Sadly I have no way to formally prove this, although when SE published mission completion rate a few years back and most players hadn't completed Promies, it kind of told you something about where the majority of players are at.
    You gotta remember he thinks if you don't have multiple emps then your one of the poor underclass. Thus for him and those like him, there is ~only~ them and no one else.

Most of this game is average players, that's the very definition of the word average.
    (2)

Player
    Because it's impossible for average players to make an Empyrean weapon.

Oh wait.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    You gotta remember he thinks if you don't have multiple emps then your one of the poor underclass. Thus for him and those like him, there is ~only~ them and no one else.

Most of this game is average players, that's the very definition of the word average.
    It's the opposite, actually.

It's not hard to be classified as a good player. It takes very little work to be at the top. It takes only basic gear, understanding, and attitude really. Nothing that's out of reach for anyone. It is so frustratingly simple that it boggles the mind how small a portion of the playerbase this is.

Mira and I simply have different definitions of middle class. Honestly, it's not hard to be in the relative upper class. At the same time, you absolutely do not get there by owning an Uther's Grip (Inventory -1 for everything, ever). The definition of bad player that most people use these days has nothing to do with not having the best gear, but rather having gear that is so mind-bogglingly stupid and/or having gear that could be good with very easy, very simple fixes that the player will never, ever do because their egos get in the way.

No one ever said middle class was average, however. Middle class is just that - middle class. The average in FFXI is most certainly awful. So what? Does that make it acceptable? Not in the slightest.
    (5)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Mira and I simply have different definitions of middle class. Honestly, it's not hard to be in the relative upper class. At the same time, you absolutely do not get there by owning an Uther's Grip (Inventory -1 for everything, ever).
    That's not true

Uther's grip is still the best grip for COR Last Stand(if you're using vulcan's) as far as I know, the only other option I know is Nguul when you /WAR, but you also lose QD dmg and racc. Or else which grip do you use for Last stand?
    (0)

Player
    Was referring to having the grip on a melee DD job.

Assuming Wildfire I'm guessing Reaver's+1.
    (0)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 02-26-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    That's not true

Uther's grip is still the best grip for COR Last Stand(if you're using vulcan's) as far as I know, the only other option I know is Nguul when you /WAR, but you also lose QD dmg and racc. Or else which grip do you use for Last stand?
    Edit: Derp, fStr2 not fStr. Reaver Grip +1 is 1.7 WSC vs 1~2 fStr2. It's a less useful grip than Reaver overall, though, and useless for Wildfire.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    From my view...the event wasn't meant to hit floor 100 every run ffs lol... 80 is certainly achievable over and over.
    (2)

Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast