Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    Wow holy shit the devs listen~ Make that and the whole wever will be doing nyzul lol, this looks really good.
    Am I reading it wrong, it looks like they just did it so you can choose to go to floor 100 but you still need to go from floor 1, and it simply blocks going any higher? (floor 98~floor 4 I hate you.) Which I suppose is still better than it is.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Am I reading it wrong, it looks like they just did it so you can choose to go to floor 100 but you still need to go from floor 1, and it simply blocks going any higher? (floor 98~floor 4 I hate you.) Which I suppose is still better than it is.
    3 things.

1) We can't overshoot 100 Anymore, SO long as we choose 100 as our cap.
    2) A "Upgrade" Tier system, Turning in X amount of Shitty (20) armor, into a level 40 piece, x Amount of 40 armor into a 60 piece
    3) Beating Floor 100 Boss lets you select 1 piece of Floor 100 Armor, instead of random drop.
    (9)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    3 things.

2) A "Upgrade" Tier system, Turning in X amount of Shitty (20) armor, into a level 40 piece, x Amount of 40 armor into a 60 piece
    3) Beating Floor 100 Boss lets you select 1 piece of Floor 100 Armor, instead of random drop.
    If I'm reading that correctly then this too:

4) if you select a lower floor (ie floor 80), you can spam the ??? option knowing that the floor you selected is the highest floor you will be taken to.

EDIT: this is very good news. I may actually log in again to try this.
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    3 things.

Definitely an improvement over the exiting maddness. But on #2, I read it as there are 2 ways that they are thinking of.

Thinking 1:

Beat Floor Boss X times, pick 1 item from Floor Boss. So that you would have something like:

20 X times -> 1 item from 20.
    40 Y times -> 1 item from 40.
    60 Z times -> 1 item from 60.
    80 M times -> 1 item from 80.
    100 N times -> 1 item from 100.

Thinking 2 (more progression like to me) would be something along the lines of:

After beating the lower level Boss X number of times, you'll be allowed to pick an item from the Boss that is 1 incremental block higher. So that you have something like:

20 X times -> 1 item from 40.
    40 Y times -> 1 item from 60.
    60 Z times -> 1 item from 80.
    80 M times -> 1 item from 100.
    100 1 time -> 1 item from 100.
    (1)

Character
    Slayerofgods
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    was really looking for an upgrade feature, so that is great. And the others options seems fine too.
    (0)

Character
    Atoreis
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Might be nitpicking but writing this like that would actually make it possible to get 100 armor spamming 20 floor enough times and that's not true here.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    Might be nitpicking but writing this like that would actually make it possible to get 100 armor spamming 20 floor enough times and that's not true here.
    Aye, it's not technically the armor you turn in. Just the kills. So you can't get floor 100 armor from enough floor 20 spam, only floor 40 armor. If you want floor 100 armor, you have to either farm floor 80 a bunch or beat floor 100. Though if they implement the stopper system as is, floor 100 will actually be doable and since they are also allowing the trade of floor 100 kills to drops at a 1:1 ratio it's pretty much awesome.
    (1)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Falseliberty
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    "We are also currently looking into the direction of obtaining the stronger equipment through this method. For example, if you are able to defeat the notorious monster on floor 20 above a certain amount of times, you will be able to receive one of the possible rewards for floor 40."

dear god this needs M bison or Jack Nicholson yes gif STAT
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    ok, I've read enough of this garbage on these forums. PvP, u and me anywhere, bring any job you choose and any gear you like, you will still lose. Skill trumps gear every time, and yes, in fact I am that good that I don't need to rely on gear swaps to cover mediocre play, I just do my job better than the other guy. the only thing that would beat me on my chosen jobs is skill AND gear, and I'm familiar with almost all the players with better gear on my server, none of them are better than I am, although some are as good (excepting rng, skilling/gearing that is still a work in progress since I play it just for a change of pace). enough of this, I hate bragging-either listening to it or doing it myself

I do macro a few items, ele staves and instruments on bard, buffoon collar on pup, different ammo on rng, but no, for the most part I don't bother. I have this little measure of success I pay attention to: who's standing at the end of the fight, me or the mob. If it's me then I'm successful.

Incidentally, if you don't remember the days of people playing in SH+1 or Hauby or the like over relic then you either weren't around at 75 cap or you weren't paying attention. The general consensus on every forum was that most relic or AF sucked. Personally, I say if you can get the job done in it then free gear works, but whatever floats your boat. But yes, many people used lower-level gear as their base slot piece because it functioned better than the stuff that was available at cap in actual game play. In fact, they still do. Example, my thf knife and relic +2 hands, yes, i have stuff for the slots that will do higher damage but if I'm on my thief at all it's because I'm after a drop so I use the relic +2 hands and my thf knife on the off chance that TH actually works as claimed (I have sincere doubts about any tier above 3) and not macroing in other gear means i have 2 extra slots for the drops if they actually happen. If I just wanted to do damage I'd come on one of my jobs that hits harder and/or kills faster, like bst, pup, rng or dnc.
    Congratulations on showing your lack of gameplay knowledge with the community - commence shunning.

Side note: Treasure hunter has been significantly tested; either you haven't looked because your stupid/lazy or you lack reading comprehension to understand math heavy posts?

Bonus Note: Challenging anyone to PvP in any game shows lack of maturity and lack of game knowledge. Beating someone in PvP(much less FFXI PvP) means squat. Good try though bro.
    (4)
    Last edited by Starry; 02-29-2012 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    Yah, sorry, I read it wrong.

ITs a "Beat X boss X times to Get 1 piece of the next floor up". So you can't spam floor 20 for a floor 100 piece, Floor 20 will only reward with floor 40 from this system, Floor 40 Will only allow 60, 60 to 80, 80 to 100, Etc.
    (1)

Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast