Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 LastLast
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fupafighter View Post
    Think you just proved my point. Your not going to make it to 80-100 with slow killing nin's when you could have a ukon warrior or a shoha sam or a good blu or a good dancer or a good (anything that can SC).....
    Are you really putting your dancer up there with war as a DD? for real realz? not for play playz?
    (0)

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Are you really putting your dancer up there with war as a DD? for real realz? not for play playz?
    In nyzle isle yes lol...Dnc/war is pretty epic. VW...abyssea...no. Just saying ninja is nowhere near these jobs.
    (0)

Player
    I can't imagine SE will reduce the # clears required on nyzul 2. They need to slow us down with grind so they don't have to generate new content! Going from 25 down to 20 is actually a big deal for their dev team...
    (2)

Player
    What the hell is this crap about Nin slow killing in Nyzul, do you fulltime pink/evasion gear on Nin or something equally stupid. It's no heavy DD but a good Nin isn't a total slouch either.
    (1)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Its supposed to be difficult for a skilled group to reach 100, so yes, a group with under geared or wrong jobs wouldnt make it to 100 and I'm fine with that.

Note: I havent reached 100 yet and that hasn't stopped me, it just makes me work harder and smarter, I hate when people complain they can't have everything but are unwilling to work or level and gear jobs specifically for certain functions in order to accomplish their goals.

Before the COP uncap nerf, I leveled ninja JUST to do cop 2-5. That was the solo purpose of leveling, gearing, and skilling the job at the time. With the introduction od abyssea it seems some people are not willing to go the extra mile in order to get what they want, then post on here for SE to lower the requirements in order to make everything easy access. I don't agree with that logic.
    (0)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 03-13-2012 at 07:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Neo-Nyzul is not impossible, I've seen a few 100 Screenshots myself, It may be less than legitimate, But it shows you can reach it. Though, the circumstances to reach said goal are unreasonably high. Some people in this thread genuinely fall unto the category of lazy you attempt to display, However, very many do not.

Every person has a unique view on what they consider a Goal. However, theres a fine line between Refusing to attempt something that is clearly unfair and unreasonable, and not attempting anything ever. Its not always about doing whatever it takes, sometimes there are trials that are just so unreasonable, you have to stand up and defy those giving the challenge.

Blindly attempting to do something that is unreasonable and Being super lazy and attempting nothing are just two sides of the same coin. One is pure laziness, the other Is a fools errand.
    (2)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 03-13-2012 at 08:11 AM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The only thing I don't like is that floor 100 is only obtainable by 6 people of certain jobs with emps using questionable methods that had luck favor them. Kinda goes against SE's statement of not wanting to create content that is designed to require the best gear to participate in. No one is going to do nyzule isle for level 30~60, their only going to want level 80 and 100 which means their only going to accept the best people on a very small set of jobs.
    (2)

Player
    I don't mind the set of jobs needed for Nyzul Isle much, because it can be drastically different from the set of jobs that does best in Abyssea or Voidwatch. Yeah, some jobs are needed for all three or two out of the three, but there's a lot of change as well.

Dancer and Scholar perform very well in Nyzul Isle, for example, and they've had nothing unique to offer in other recent content. Blue Mage is actually desired for being Blue Mage rather than Proccy Von Proccington the !! of the Unique Proc Dynasty. Warrior is put on the same level as everything else that does a lot of damage since a ton of weapons aren't needed for procs.
    (1)

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    What the hell is this crap about Nin slow killing in Nyzul, do you fulltime pink/evasion gear on Nin or something equally stupid. It's no heavy DD but a good Nin isn't a total slouch either.
    No duh...But does it compete with a 5 hit sam running around doing 3k shoha every 10 seconds? No lol. Unless there is some magical way for ninjas to double their damage, they won't keep up with a sam, war, blu, dnc in the new nyzle isle. And i could probably get a shitton of 90 kannagi people to verify that nin is only good at doing damage in abyssea haha.
    (0)

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yeah SE is wrong to make the game favor certain jobs to kill certain content, but it has always been that way. I just suggest leveling atleast one job of each category lol, or you will not get very far in this game. It's not like the game is favoring jobs, it's favoring jobs for content. We have the option to lvl 20 jobs for a reason.
    (0)

Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 LastLast