Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Character
    Potyhoty
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I heard a lot of people bitch when Abyssea came out that the 90 min time limit sucked and Abyssea was worthless.

I heard a lot of people bitch when Dynamis was revised that coins were so rare, the new Dynamis was worthless.

Just sayin'.
    (4)

Player
    I still have small hopes of this producing some extra alexandrites and possible, a price drop for them (yea right)

Time will tell.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Goliathreborn View Post
    I still have small hopes of this producing some extra alexandrites and possible, a price drop for them (yea right)

Time will tell.
    Note: I'm working under the assumption that you're not already midway through your weapon, if you are this doesn't apply to you.

No offense, but people "waiting for a price drop on Alex" are the reason there will never be a price drop on Alex - just like there was not a price drop on AC when the supply was increased 4 separate times. On my server, AC is still more expensive than it was when Timeless Hourglasses were 1 million gil each.

With every increase in supply comes an increase in people who think that they might be able to start a Mythic/Relic "now that it's easier". This influx in demand ends up off-setting and even reversing the price drop originally associated with the supply increase, making Alex/AC more expensive for everyone involved.

Supply increases are the single worst reason to start a weapon. It just hurts everyone involved, and completely screws over people's initial expectations upon starting the process. People end up needing to pay 150M for a weapon they thought would be 80M because the price went up instead of down, and realize that they can't do it and quit midway with thousands of Alex/AC just sitting around because "They might finish it someday".
    (3)

I will have my revenge!

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    This is designed for people to generally shoot for 60. Regardless of the OP, quite a few of the +2 pieces have uses and are competitive with buyable or other R/Ex option. You would go for 80 if you got near 60 with extra time or overshot 60. You would get to 100 in incredibly unlikely cases.
    This is definitely the way to go unless there is a gimmick for faster climbing. It seems like the Development Bros even realized this, since +2 is the stage when most of the stuff starts to blossom. They rarely realize anything so I see this as a pretty clear sign of what was being thought while Nyzul Random Mode was being made.

Still, and I realize this is a really subjective complaint, the idea that the best course of action is to hedge one's bets and go for average bothers me on principle. This is a videogame. I want to pierce the heavens with my drill and other things involving risk and accomplishment and phallic imagery. Particularly phallic imagery.
    (7)

Player
    It's times like this I wish the gear was obtained at NQ through Nyzul and then upgraded through repeats of Voidwatch / Dynamis to stimulate demand for that content.

What's that you say? Askar+3 suddenly required 5 ADL kills to complete? Why that sounds like a great way to get some people helping along Relic owners while still getting something out of the deal.
    (5)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Unctgtg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Completely random and junk
    (3)
    99 Drk, 99 Sch, 99 Bst, 99 Geo and a ton of other jobs there
    110 +5 Bonecraft
    Level 99 Relic Scythe

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Supply increases are the single worst reason to start a weapon. It just hurts everyone involved, and completely screws over people's initial expectations upon starting the process. People end up needing to pay 150M for a weapon they thought would be 80M because the price went up instead of down, and realize that they can't do it and quit midway with thousands of Alex/AC just sitting around because "They might finish it someday".
    I made a long post about relic but feel i could say the same thing in a few lines.

About relics if anyone "realize that they can't do it and quit midway" is lazy it takes 90 dyna runs w/ a good bst to farm 15000 coins relics are obtainble by anyone.

ALSO

Making 150 mil now is probably on the same level of making 15 mil before abyssea so even tho currency has gone up in price in terms of effort there alot easier.

As for mythic there in a different league and still hard as they used to be cause of lack of intrest in salvage.
    (0)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Quote Originally Posted by Rezeak View Post
    I made a long post about relic but feel i could say the same thing in a few lines.

About relics if anyone "realize that they can't do it and quit midway" is lazy it takes 90 dyna runs w/ a good bst to farm 15000 coins relics are obtainble by anyone.

ALSO

Making 150 mil now is probably on the same level of making 15 mil before abyssea so even tho currency has gone up in price in terms of effort there alot easier.

As for mythic there in a different league and still hard as they used to be cause of lack of intrest in salvage.
    I think you're missing a few of the nuances of accumulating large amounts of non-liquid assets.

Even if you have 15,000 AC, your net benefit from that 15,000 AC is still 0 until you get the rest and finish your relic. Building a relic in general is something that is only really smart if it can be finished within a certain time frame, and if the money you're losing by not selling AC can't be better used elsewhere.

For someone who farms 2-3 times a week, even on Bst, that's 7-10 months where you're essentially working for free. Working for free is stupid.

Don't get me wrong, I know making money is easy. However, the people who make money easily are not the ones sitting around "waiting for a price drop" in order to start their relic/mythic/whatevers. My post was pretty exclusively targeted at lazy people, so at least in that we're in agreement.
    (2)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Unctgtg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    You do realize the nerf to bst TH was huge yesterday.
    (1)
    99 Drk, 99 Sch, 99 Bst, 99 Geo and a ton of other jobs there
    110 +5 Bonecraft
    Level 99 Relic Scythe

Quote Originally Posted by Unctgtg View Post
    You do realize the nerf to bst TH was huge yesterday.
    I wonder what level my BST is.

About as high as the number of shits I give about the BST TH nerf.

Bst was mainly just a fallback for players who weren't capable of consistently farming the same/higher numbers on other jobs, really.
    (1)

I will have my revenge!

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast