Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tsuneo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    All the gear is level 99 regardless of the floor it comes from. Also, your example isn't quite accurate. Yes there is instances where lower level gear will beat higher level gear, but these gear sets are just different tiers of the same gear. The floor 100 gear will never beaten by a previous tier because the 100 gear is basically the previous tier with better stats.
    (3)
    Last edited by Tsuneo; 02-27-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    actually, I can DEFINATELY see people targeting 80 or whatever other level. There are plenty of people-even those considering themselves "elite"-who don't wear a level 99 piece by choice, because a lower-level piece actually has bonuses that mesh better with how a job is played. The most obvious example was a scorpion harness +1; people who had relic were still full-timing the SH because it simply did more for them even if they had the relic +1 body for their job. It's even more likely if they are targeting a lower-level drop for a macro piece. I'm not a gear-swapping player for the most part but I know plenty who are-if the level 80 piece is the best to boost x you better believe somebody's gonna target it.
    What....the...f...did I just read. A relic user in a SH+1 is brain melting worthy. The dynamis and empyrean crap really made lousy players thing they are good.

Also you don't macro in gear? Your gimp plain and simple.
    (9)

Character
    Tsuneo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Yeah, I only skimmed his post. I feel like there was more I could have responded to.
    (2)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fupafighter View Post
    GDI you people with your floor 100 lol. Theres a reason the gear is so good....Because it's hard to get lol. And how do you know they cheated? From what i saw...their setups were pretty good and they used sch 2 hour for every run that looked promising. You're in denial.
    How we know they cheated? Just go read the setup on the BG forum.
    (1)

Player
    just wanted to point out AH only shows fupa for having a twash and not his ranking, and honestly to only be ranked 350 with 4 empys?
    (0)

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala View Post
    just wanted to point out AH only shows fupa for having a twash and not his ranking, and honestly to only be ranked 350 with 4 empys?
    Lol yes...You have to have the 80 version for like a day or until ffxiah.com scans your account before it notices you have a empy. so if you upgraded to 85 version before then (like i did on my other 3) it wont show.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Also you don't macro in gear? Your gimp plain and simple.
    ok, I've read enough of this garbage on these forums. PvP, u and me anywhere, bring any job you choose and any gear you like, you will still lose. Skill trumps gear every time, and yes, in fact I am that good that I don't need to rely on gear swaps to cover mediocre play, I just do my job better than the other guy. the only thing that would beat me on my chosen jobs is skill AND gear, and I'm familiar with almost all the players with better gear on my server, none of them are better than I am, although some are as good (excepting rng, skilling/gearing that is still a work in progress since I play it just for a change of pace). enough of this, I hate bragging-either listening to it or doing it myself

I do macro a few items, ele staves and instruments on bard, buffoon collar on pup, different ammo on rng, but no, for the most part I don't bother. I have this little measure of success I pay attention to: who's standing at the end of the fight, me or the mob. If it's me then I'm successful.

Incidentally, if you don't remember the days of people playing in SH+1 or Hauby or the like over relic then you either weren't around at 75 cap or you weren't paying attention. The general consensus on every forum was that most relic or AF sucked. Personally, I say if you can get the job done in it then free gear works, but whatever floats your boat. But yes, many people used lower-level gear as their base slot piece because it functioned better than the stuff that was available at cap in actual game play. In fact, they still do. Example, my thf knife and relic +2 hands, yes, i have stuff for the slots that will do higher damage but if I'm on my thief at all it's because I'm after a drop so I use the relic +2 hands and my thf knife on the off chance that TH actually works as claimed (I have sincere doubts about any tier above 3) and not macroing in other gear means i have 2 extra slots for the drops if they actually happen. If I just wanted to do damage I'd come on one of my jobs that hits harder and/or kills faster, like bst, pup, rng or dnc.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    Just go read the setup on the BG forum.
    Herein lies the problem, and is something that has troubled me about XI and the way the job system works; There shouldn't be a [insert setup for [insert event here] here] for everything. I understand that it's highly unlikely for any company to balance a game so that the difficulty remains the same regardless of setup, but when you keep introducing events that follow this pattern it becomes a problem.

There will always be cookie-cutter setups and there will always be groups that won't be able to clear regardless of gear, skill, ect. but any reasonable setup (read: x number of melee DD, y number of ranged/magic DD, z number of support/heals) with good communication should be able to clear content when it's developed properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring
    PvP, u and me anywhere, bring any job you choose and any gear you like, you will still lose.
    There is a problem here with the event and not the players. Lets try to stay on topic here. No one really gives a fuck what you can do in brenner.
    (8)

Character
    Tsuneo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    ok, I've read enough of this garbage on these forums. PvP, u and me anywhere, bring any job you choose and any gear you like, you will still lose. Skill trumps gear every time, and yes, in fact I am that good that I don't need to rely on gear swaps to cover mediocre play, I just do my job better than the other guy. the only thing that would beat me on my chosen jobs is skill AND gear, and I'm familiar with almost all the players with better gear on my server, none of them are better than I am, although some are as good (excepting rng, skilling/gearing that is still a work in progress since I play it just for a change of pace). enough of this, I hate bragging-either listening to it or doing it myself

I do macro a few items, ele staves and instruments on bard, buffoon collar on pup, different ammo on rng, but no, for the most part I don't bother. I have this little measure of success I pay attention to: who's standing at the end of the fight, me or the mob. If it's me then I'm successful.

Incidentally, if you don't remember the days of people playing in SH+1 or Hauby or the like over relic then you either weren't around at 75 cap or you weren't paying attention. The general consensus on every forum was that most relic or AF sucked. Personally, I say if you can get the job done in it then free gear works, but whatever floats your boat. But yes, many people used lower-level gear as their base slot piece because it functioned better than the stuff that was available at cap in actual game play. In fact, they still do. Example, my thf knife and relic +2 hands, yes, i have stuff for the slots that will do higher damage but if I'm on my thief at all it's because I'm after a drop so I use the relic +2 hands and my thf knife on the off chance that TH actually works as claimed (I have sincere doubts about any tier above 3) and not macroing in other gear means i have 2 extra slots for the drops if they actually happen. If I just wanted to do damage I'd come on one of my jobs that hits harder and/or kills faster, like bst, pup, rng or dnc.
    (7)

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Ya PvP has nothing to do with being able to understand nyzle isle bahahaha.
    (3)

Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast