Character
    Jem
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezeak View Post
    Fixed for you
    2/4 runs we did tonight had the chance for a 100 (We took 77 > 78 > 79 > 80 > Exit with 1 min on an earlier run instead of trying for 100). And both those runs had mistakes/problems in (Our Ukon WAR died on F14 during our 106 run for example)

Another group on Asura also hit 100 last night and they were only 5 + 1 mule.
    (3)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Transmit View Post
    Yeah... that's a bug alright... the entire purpose of the 100 floor climb is to get to floor 100...
    Maybe add a third floor jump inbetween the two existing ones: "Travel to floor ??? (Limit: 60)." when you are at floor 41-59. That way, you can still skip over useless 20/40 boss floors if you want, but not run the risk of missing out on wanted floors.

They also should change the drops. Floor 20 boss should drop the NQ gear, floor 40 boss should drop an upgrade item to synergize NQ into +1, floor 60 boss then drops an upgrade item to synergize +1 into +2, etc. That way, the drop system makes some sense. Keep the upgrade items to 1 per set (rather then per armor piece), like they did with artifact armor +1 upgrades.
    (2)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

W E L C O M E  t o  F l o o r 6.

[SIZE="7"]LOL[/SIZE]
    (12)

The overshoot thing is disgusting lol I know why they did it but it's unbelievable they would stoop that low to keep people from getting there even with a lot of luck.

They are gonna end up "fixing" this event in some way or other and since it will then actually be possible to get the top tier drops they will nerf them.
    (2)

Player
    Grats on hitting 100, overshooting it, whatever. The fact is, nobody has posted a single successful kill of the 100 floor boss since the event has been introduced. Nyzul is not hard; it doesn't require weeks of experience to get better at it; so this trend here, of not a single group killing the floor 100 boss, will very likely continue.
    (4)

Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I agree that overshoot deal is completely disgusting. I understand that may be how nyzul worked in the past, but if your group gets that high there should not be such a soul crushing comedown as that screenshot displays. It doesn't even make internal sense (hay guise I climb da towerz, woops I climbt too high and end up back where I started lulz).

The people who are saying "oh look it's achievable with a good group" are leaving out one very important distinction. It might be NECESSARY to have a good group to reach F100 (or at least passable melee plus one good SCH), but it sure as hell isn't SUFFICIENT. The good group has to have the 1% luck of the RNG.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Soidisant View Post
    2/4 runs we did tonight had the chance for a 100 (We took 77 > 78 > 79 > 80 > Exit with 1 min on an earlier run instead of trying for 100). And both those runs had mistakes/problems in (Our Ukon WAR died on F14 during our 106 run for example)

Another group on Asura also hit 100 last night and they were only 5 + 1 mule.
    But you don't say what 3rd party tools you used to achieve this. So far we've just heard setup and weapons. Not gear, third party tools, what other elite accomplishments this group has obtained. Do you believe at all that a standard grouping of average players without "certain" tools would have any hope of getting that high?
    If the console population is locked out, if the average players are locked out, then it really fails as an event.

That being said, I'm thinking it might be nice to have an event that only th elite can accomplish so as to keep them from constantly complaining that FFXI is Easy Mode.
    (3)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahoro View Post
    I agree that overshoot deal is completely disgusting. I understand that may be how nyzul worked in the past, but if your group gets that high there should not be such a soul crushing comedown as that screenshot displays. It doesn't even make internal sense (hay guise I climb da towerz, woops I climbt too high and end up back where I started lulz).

The people who are saying "oh look it's achievable with a good group" are leaving out one very important distinction. It might be NECESSARY to have a good group to reach F100 (or at least passable melee plus one good SCH), but it sure as hell isn't SUFFICIENT. The good group has to have the 1% luck of the RNG.
    Haha you made me think of /etc/pam.conf and the differences between required, sufficient and requisite.
    (1)

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirabelle View Post
    But you don't say what 3rd party tools you used to achieve this. So far we've just heard setup and weapons. Not gear, third party tools, what other elite accomplishments this group has obtained. Do you believe at all that a standard grouping of average players without "certain" tools would have any hope of getting that high?
    If the console population is locked out, if the average players are locked out, then it really fails as an event.

That being said, I'm thinking it might be nice to have an event that only th elite can accomplish so as to keep them from constantly complaining that FFXI is Easy Mode.
    they're eu's, they never had the minerals to flee\clipper around. i'd imagine just widower and fill mode
    (2)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fupafighter View Post
    SEE lol...it is achievable with good groups WITH 3rd Party Tools.
    Looked, I dont want to bring up the whole debate as to whether ppl should be using 3rd party tool or not. Whether ppl are for or against and all that jazz. But really posting here to show that it can be done but NOT posting as to what all the 3rd party tools ppl have to use to achive them just not going to do any justice and does not show the near impossibility for ppl who are on the console or chooses NOT to use these 3rd party tools at all.
    (4)

Page 27 of 53 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast