Character
    Millie
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Mythic weapon upgrade related quests!

Greetings, been making the sad sad attempt to complete the quest: An Imperial Heist
    Specifically Killing the three NMs Mega Bosses and obtaining their titles to further progress in mythic wpn upgrades.
    My suggestion is doing something about the respawn conditions regarding Besieged. Currently it reads if their camp is advancing and/or attacking the NM boss will not respawn for one hour after besieged is over. The problem I and I'm sure others may be experiencing is: "If they are defeated during besieged their respawn time is unknown."
    In short my group somehow got lucky with Gulool Ja Ja and we obtained his title.
    Attempted Medusa today and she was no where to be seen.
    Have attempted Gurfurlur the Menacing "multiple" times with no success of his appearance...
    Is there something you can do to remedy this? Perhaps have a set respawn time regardless of a besieged outcome.
    Thank you and I hope you can help resolve this issue.
    (3)

Millie, I had made a post in the Nyzul Isle adjustments thread; however, I am going to re-post it here in an attempt to place it along with some other thoughts I had regarding this quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spawn timer reduction for Gulool Ja Ja, Gurfurlur the Menacing, and Medusa you say? In addition to these three baddies, we are actually looking into reducing the spawn time for all HNMs! The idea is to give you all more opportunities to fight these elusive, notorious enemies. However, please understand that by eliminating the “time cost” associated with them, it will result in other types of costs to arise (for example, having to obtain triggers from battlefields to spawn Fafnir/Behemoth/Adamantoise).
    Since the time of this quote, the player base haven't heard, or seen any more information on this topic (specifically Mythic related NMs including: Gurfurlur the Menacing, Gulool Ja Ja, and Medusa). Camate, do you have any sort of update to this information?

Secondly, I had posted feedback in another thread which I will re-post here in hopes of getting an answer (again):

Quote Originally Posted by Bersty View Post
    Camate,

Thank you for your reply. I am happy to see that they will be lowering the cost of temporary items in Nyzul Isle. As someone who has worked long and hard to obtain the necessary points to continue in my quest for a Mythic Weapon, I am happy that I won't have to "fear" going below the 150k mark due to experimenting with this new Neo-Nyzul.

On that note; however, I do have some feedback in regards to the Alexandrite and this new content. As a player base, we are currently unaware of what may come down the road in terms of changes to Salvage; as such, when it was announced that Alexandrite would become available through the new Nyzul Isle content, I must say, I was very excited. I was hopeful that this would increase the supply of Alexandrite on a more than sub-par level server wide. I choose to use the wording "sub-par" because, truthfully, I am not the only one who feels that the drop rate in this new content does indeed still require some investigation.

It is no mystery that the quests and items involved in the initial creation of a Relic, or Empyrean weapon require a much different process than that of the Mythic weapons; as such, I feel the requirements are still quite reasonable with the Mythic Weapons with the exception of a few things, the number one thing of which being Alexandrite.

I have always felt that one of two things needed to be done to help "balance" the difficulty of creating the initial weapon itself (Mythic, vs. Relic/Empyrean):

1. Reduction in the number of Alexandrite required for quest completion (I truly believed that this wasn't something that would change, or that actually needed to be changed; however, I still felt it could have been a solution)

or

2. A more likely solution; to increase the availability of Alexandrite through both Salvage and Nyzul Isle. I feel that much can still be done to increase the drop-rate of both individual pieces of Alexandrite as well as the pouches which yield random amounts of the item.

As you can see, option 2 was clearly more probable from the beginning, and I am happy to see that some effort has been taken to pursue this route; however, I feel the changes *SHOULD* be far from over in regards to the drop rate (in both Salvage and the new Nyzul Isle).

Are you able to comment on the this topic? Perhaps shed some light on what the development team is planning in regards to the Mythic Weapon quests' future (will it see any changes)? Most importantly whether or not more balancing will be done to the drop-rates of Alexandrite in Nyzul Isle, as well as Salvage?

Thanks in advance,

~Bersty
    Hoping we can stir up some interest in this thread from the community team, maybe get some questions we have on our mind answered. I know that I have personally been camping Gulool Ja Ja for 4 days now, and have yet to see him spawn in the room (checking via widescan). I've also been sure to follow the Besieged closely, even partaken in Mamool Ja Savages to ensure he was not present, and was not killed.

The bottom line: Potential changes to these NMs should only be the tip of the iceberg in terms of balancing the difficulty of creating the "Base versions" of Mythics vs. Relic/Empyrean weapons. Any comments we could receive from the community/dev. team in regards to the quests related to Mythic Weapons would be greatly appreciated.

~Bersty
    (1)

Character
    Yygdrasil
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'll tack on to this discussion, as I've been doing the same thing.

I've got Captain Rank, Odin, 3/4 of Salvage bosses and 2/3 of the ToAU bosses under my belt. I'm not sure if I just got lucky as hell, but Gulfurlur and Medusa were up when my party got to their spawns and checked on WS. It's been 3 weeks since then and I've been sack-running to Gulool Ja Ja's spawn every day since then in hopes that he'll be up. So far, I've had no such luck. I've even participated in Beseiged when the Mamool Ja attacked (without Gulool) and ran to the door after the event to await his spawn (supposedly an hour later). I wound up sitting there for 5 hours with nothing to show for it. Something is definitely wacky with that guy's spawn timer.

Can either of you confirm for me that these guys are actually supposed to spawn 1 hour after their respective Beseiged (assuming they don't appear and get killed during it)?
    (0)
    \(^_^ [Bastok Rank 10] | [Windurst Rank 10] ^_^)/ | [San d'Oria NEVER!]
    [CoP Done] | [ZM Done] | [ToAU Done] | [WotG Done (B Done / W Done / S NEVER!)]
    [ACP Done] | [ASA Done] | [MKD 1]
    [Kannagi: O] / [Armageddon: O] / [Nirvana: Working on it...]

Quote Originally Posted by Yygdrasil View Post
    Can either of you confirm for me that these guys are actually supposed to spawn 1 hour after their respective Beseiged (assuming they don't appear and get killed during it)?
    I don't know where you would have read that information; but generally, anything to that avail is probably just rumor/hearsay. I've been camped in front of the door for going on 5 real life days. Checking widescan constantly as I get a chance. He has not spawned since this past Sunday (in Besieged or anything similar).

I don't understand the logic behind having this NM have such a long respawn time (assuming at this point its at least 5 days). I know in multiple other threads it has been mentioned (and this is including the one Camate commented in back in November, 2011) that the only reason these NMs are killed today is for the titles; the fact that they have yet to address this months after saying they were considering it is quite disappointing.

Maybe we will get a response at some point from the dev/community team in this thread regarding the future of this type of content (since it seems ToAU is just starting to get the love). I'm more prone to knowing what kind of adjustments are going to be made to Salvage; and consequently, Alexandrite (as I feel this is currently the major issue in Mythic creation).

~Bersty
    (0)

Character
    Yygdrasil
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yeah... just a bit frustrating.

On an unrelated note: I'm enjoying the recent podcasts from PFA. Keep it up guy :3
    (0)
    \(^_^ [Bastok Rank 10] | [Windurst Rank 10] ^_^)/ | [San d'Oria NEVER!]
    [CoP Done] | [ZM Done] | [ToAU Done] | [WotG Done (B Done / W Done / S NEVER!)]
    [ACP Done] | [ASA Done] | [MKD 1]
    [Kannagi: O] / [Armageddon: O] / [Nirvana: Working on it...]

Bit of an update to this thread, which I will also add to the corresponding page on the official wiki (at least the one that's supposed to be official; i.e., GamerEscape).

Finally got my Gulool Ja Ja title after camping this NM for 2 weeks straight (missed out on the first spawn due to a non-english speaking group killing it without asking why I was standing at the door on RNG).

His respawn time appears to be 5-7 days (much like Tiamat), of the last time he was killed. This applies to when he is killed in Besieged also (as it was suspected). Therefor, assuming he isn't killed in Besieged during his window, you can assume he will be up within 5-7 days of his last ToD. My first round camping him he went the full 7 days, my second round he popped after the 5.

In retrospect; this respawn isn't completely unreasonable, the aspect that is is the fact that he is linked to the Besieged timer. Is there any way the link between these two timers can be separated to help alleviate players from spending excessive amounts of time camping this NM not knowing whether or not it has been killed during a besieged?

Just some thoughts, and still waiting on a response in the Nyzul Isle thread about Alexandrite.

P.S. Thanks for checking out the show YYd, hope you enjoyed the shout out on Episode 286!

~Bersty
    (1)

Character
    Wymsila
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I thought I'd post here just to help anyone else trying to do this quest. We've been at Medusa for 14 days now. We've also haven't seen her in Beseiged. After several GM calls, one of our members got a reply saying that the NM was working as intended and that a requirement hadn't been met. No idea what the requirement is.
    (2)

Character
    Tecan
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Fenrir here. Been camping Gulool Ja Ja for almost a week straight. So far there have been 3 Mamool Ja Besieged that have occurred and Ja Ja has not been to any of them. GM call tells me to consult community sites. Medusa has already spawned twice since my ls killed it a week ago. Either these NMs are completely broken or there really is some kind of secret requirement to pop them that no one knows about.
    (0)

Character
    Aislynn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Please Update This

Necro Bump...
    EDIT: Galool JaJa was killed in besieged then respawned an hour later in Mamook. Was this changed?
    (0)
    Last edited by Dana; 01-17-2013 at 03:36 PM.

Character
    Heybunny
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    A few friends and I have been camping Medusa for over 24 hours now (leaving my character logged in her room to observe anyone killing her) and there was an Undead Besieged last night, but other people in my LS confirmed she didn't make an appearance. I was told she was killed roughly 48 hours prior to us camping. I'm not sure if we're doing something wrong here, or just being unlucky.

Gulool spawned like 4 minutes before the Malool Ja's started advancing towards Al Zahbi after a 1-2 day wait and Gurfurlur spawned within 24 hours (approx).

I realise we've been luckier than some on this quest, but I think Square-Enix really should clarify the spawn conditions of these three at last. Is it completely random, or not?

We haven't been able to leave the area for nearly two days now and I think this is really unfair to say they don't drop anything of worth beyond a title. Surely the effort in getting a title should be in one's capability to kill the NM, not stand around wasting hour upon hour of time.
    (1)
    Last edited by Heybunny; 01-19-2013 at 09:47 AM.