Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Throwing

Quote Originally Posted by Karumac View Post
    Do it for fun?
    My idea of fun is being the person everyone looks at and thinks "That person is awesome and killed that whatevermob super fast and is awesome at this game." If you're idea of fun is making other people wait around to pop stuff cause you're killing it slow, I pray to God we don't ever meet in game and I have to wait for you to kill something.
    (1)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    I'd love to see Throwing improved on....if for no other reason than to give us something else sharp and dangerous to hurt ourselves with
    (2)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Character
    Yuusaku
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The higher level shuriken actually make a huge difference in damage dealt. Pretty sure you can do over 2k with good ones in Abyssea, if not much higher. Especially with +2 feet. Also, enjoy tossing tens of thousands of gil at once.
    (0)

Character
    Niklz
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    wish i could throw junk items at enemies.
    like a revival tree root.

...poke em in the eye
    (1)
    "Do you sell the Internet?"

Character
    Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Sange was nice before Abyssea, get the lv48 Shuriken was pretty bad ass DMG in that time against some bad ass mob you had to stay away. now with the super perma 1000 katana in abyssea, shuriken kinda lost is charm now. the god point: less gils to spend on them now ;p
    (0)

Character
    Fhernias
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    The WS Throwing idea is nice, but I dunno if SE would actually do it.

What I'd really want is new, short delay, stronger (high dmg) shirukens, stackable to 99, and the greatest thing that would give shirukens a greater appeal to me would be if they don't interrupt your regular attacks, meaning no extra delay for you next attack. Matter of fact, an idea comes to mind, something like en-shiruken, for every melee attack consume a shiruken to do extra damage, and create a job trait like Sange to help you save shirukens.

Somebody mentioned NIN being the ultimate puller, that's absurd, taking in consideration that the best range for shirukens are close range, almost as close as regular melee hits.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Darwena View Post
    Sange was nice before Abyssea, get the lv48 Shuriken was pretty bad ass DMG in that time against some bad ass mob you had to stay away. now with the super perma 1000 katana in abyssea, shuriken kinda lost is charm now. the god point: less gils to spend on them now ;p
    Abyssea doesn't have much to do with ninja attacking fast, unless you meant gear wise? ninja did gain 3 haste and 5 dual weild.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustax View Post
    Somebody mentioned NIN being the ultimate puller, that's absurd, taking in consideration that the best range for shirukens are close range, almost as close as regular melee hits.
    The correct range for throwing is right next to the mob.
    (1)

8. 04-14-2011 07:33 AM

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    And this is my exact problem with throwing illustrated, with marches and haste you're missing 2 attack rounds (maybe even 3, possibly up to 5 attack rounds lost if you want to count recasting utsusemi) doing that sange, and the 2 attack rounds would do more damage. Counting my DA/TA rate, crit rate, that would be about 600-800 damage I missed losing 2 attack rounds, and that's if empyrean aftermath doesn't kick in on any of the hits. With 5 lost rounds, you're talking 1500->2k+ damage, and at least 50% tp, so you're half a weapon skill behind where you could be.

I understand you were using weak throwing weapons, but even if you had good throwing weapons, I don't see it doing all that much more, and if it's not going to do more damage then you're currently doing, and it's taking your shadows, why would you use it?
    you're assuming that EVERY battle you're going to stay in melee range, and not have to back away from a bosses AoE or, possibly a flying boss that only ranged and magic work on, wherein shuriken can be really useful for NIN being able to get in some extra dmg. And NIN failing at being a jack of all trades melee? Did you miss something, or do you even play NIN? Tank. Gear switch -> Melee. Gear switch -> Ninjutsu DD. Gear Switch -> (Now this is where we need improved ranged capabilities)

Tell me some more things about job abilities, and your stereotypical "You Fail" posts. I got kicked from a PT for being MNK/DRG at Lv41 without even proving how much dmg I could do, lets see if you can figure out the gear combinations for that one.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Akujima View Post
    Did you miss something, or do you even play NIN? Tank. Gear switch -> Melee. Gear switch -> Ninjutsu DD. Gear Switch -> (Now this is where we need improved ranged capabilities)
    This is where I became aware you had no idea what you were doing. Good ninjas don't have separate sets for meleeing and tanking, since DD tanking has been the only thing ninja has been good at since 2006 when pld/nin overtook nin/drk for hard fights you can't DD tank. Not to mention that fact that pretty much everything is done in abyssea these days, and you DD tank everything in there. Even the things outside abyssea are DD tanked now, since that's always worked best on weaker mobs, and everything outside is now under that description since gaining 15 levels. The other day, I killed King Behemoth for instance, we had 5 people, and straight tanked it the whole time with DDs.
    (1)

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    This is where I became aware you had no idea what you were doing. Good ninjas don't have separate sets for meleeing and tanking.
    ok great you called me on a technicality, im actually going to agree with you for once on this, as pre-abyss I used to Tank with a Haubergeon. "Melee" should technically be "WS gear", and whatever else there is, Haste gear, and Evasion gear, blah blah, etc.

But here is where the narrow view comes in, where people seem to think that its fun to just smash stuff like a caveman, without having to account for the situational and circumstantial battles that occur. Something which has been less prevalent in FFXI these days, or is that what you opt for?

Although I find it quite absurd why anyone would want something tasteless and bland, unless you enjoy prison food. I say stop the de-evolution and re-integrate dynamic tactics and depth of involvement. Otherwise it will just turn into pushing 1 button to win the game. Gratz.
    (1)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast