Thread: Throwing

Character
    Nattack
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulrogg View Post
    Really, there are ninja spells that enfeeble? ... I don't see how anything is fail on this forum other than you and other trolls attitudes and remarks to the follow community members.

It's not unrealistic to see a ninja throwing poison darts is it? Other ammo has enfeebles on them. Why not on throwing stars too? No, not the same enfeebles ninja already have the spells for. Maybe a Bind, Sleep, Dispel, Terror, Stun. Who knows. It just seems like Throwing is sort of over looked and could be improved upon.
    last i checked nobody was following a lead here, fellow.

that being said, there are already poison/sleep darts.
    if you take a look at shuriken, the thing they need most is a place post level 60, they just kind of stop there.

but the synthesis recipe for shuriken has always been a little bit impractical. one full ingot means 33-99 shuriken. the price is unfairly high, even now. i don't mind if they cost a little more than bolts or arrows, but i would at least be able to throw one and still be able to pay for these ninja tools.
    (0)
    You can't even hold it.

Not sure what lead you are talking about. I was talking to the other guy but my sarcasm doesn't translate into type as well as speak. I was trying to say that we all know ninja enfeebles already and was suggesting to add additional effects to a new arsenal of shurikens. I knew there were sleep bolts but I only referenced sleep/poison darts from outside of FFXI as an example.

I too would like to see some sort of affordable shurikens added. Maybe use a base craft recipe for new ones and then for the added effect ones you could have one more synth material used for the enfeeble you want. I just thought it would be a nice addition to throwing and give us access to some, not all, of the enfeebles we don't already have under our tool-belt.

Some form of recycle would be nice too.
    (0)

lol...er, if i'm not wrong...and i'm not. Ninja was started as the ultamate puller, for end game content, waaaaaay back in the day. which is why we have such good throwing, and our AF mirrors the ranged/throwing stats.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    Unless they make really, really good shurikens, that are also very cheap to make, throwing them will lower your melee damage and cost to much gil for anyone to give a crap about it. And unless they make throwing WS's that are superior to existing katana WS's, no one will use them.

Given SE's track record, I highly doubt they add anything worth using, even if you people beg for throwing WS's. So instead of asking for useless stuff like throwing WS's and new shurikens, when in the end it's just going to be a waste of time, how about we focus on real problems with the games job system, like how terrible sam, drk, rng and pld currently are. Ninja is perfectly fine the way it is right now, and will not have any problems in the future unless they make us go back to fighting really hard stuff, in which case the job will suffer from low acc and overall damage compared to other DDs.
    I was about to reply to this, then I realized I already did.

EDIT: You are incorrect, ninja was not designed as an endgame puller. It was suppose to be a new jack-of-all-trades type job, like rdm, but it failed at that.
    (1)
    Last edited by wish12oz; 03-29-2011 at 02:11 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    I'd only like to see Shuriken with effects such as bleed (seperate type of -def or -mob attack and gravity or whatever you'd want to see bleed effects do IF you would like to see bleed lol), bind, poison, sleep, elemental DoT, and a sange that's on a much much lower timer or some sort of ability that adds another shuriken to your next throwing attack such as boost or something if they were to take another look at throwing.

If they added something like a shadowbind that allowed us to sit back and throw just outside of some safe range then go ahead and get it done
    (0)

Character
    Yuusaku
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Or just make throwing much stronger and have sange NOT consume your shadows, but still work based on the number of shadows up. I really ought to test out Sange with my Iga Kyahan +2 and Utsusemi: Ni on. Too bad there are never any shuriken, and if there are, they are way too expensive.
    (0)

Character
    Orenwald
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    I would love to see a lvl 60 smithing lvl 60 alchemy combo for a new set of shurikens. 1 tama-Hagane 1 Cerment Chunk
    NQ 66 HQ1 99 HQ2 99...etc. Call it Iga Shuriken since the last one was Koga after the relic armor sets name.

Iga Shuriken: 96dmg 192dly lvl85 I dont think its so far fetched and it would be nice to have a dual craft item that isnt max craft of a specific skill. If its going to be synergy then just do away with the 66 NQ and make it a full 99 each time.
    if it's synergy it would be 99NQ 198HQ1 297HQ2 like all the other ammo :O (omm nom nom Fusion Bolts)
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by JiltedValkyrie View Post
    I really ought to test out Sange with my Iga Kyahan +2 and Utsusemi: Ni on.
    I usually pick up cheap shurikens from the Tenshindo when I'm in town. Was doing Briareus the other night and opened with a :Ni Sange (w/ Iga Kyahan +2) the dmg was somewhere in the 500 range. I thought it was pretty good for being the weakest throwing stars around. But let it be said, I'm not one of those that play FFXI for the math of it. I just like to have fun and my idea of pretty good damage is most likely another's idea of weak sauce damage.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulrogg View Post
    I usually pick up cheap shurikens from the Tenshindo when I'm in town. Was doing Briareus the other night and opened with a :Ni Sange (w/ Iga Kyahan +2) the dmg was somewhere in the 500 range.
    And this is my exact problem with throwing illustrated, with marches and haste you're missing 2 attack rounds (maybe even 3, possibly up to 5 attack rounds lost if you want to count recasting utsusemi) doing that sange, and the 2 attack rounds would do more damage. Counting my DA/TA rate, crit rate, that would be about 600-800 damage I missed losing 2 attack rounds, and that's if empyrean aftermath doesn't kick in on any of the hits. With 5 lost rounds, you're talking 1500->2k+ damage, and at least 50% tp, so you're half a weapon skill behind where you could be.

I understand you were using weak throwing weapons, but even if you had good throwing weapons, I don't see it doing all that much more, and if it's not going to do more damage then you're currently doing, and it's taking your shadows, why would you use it?
    (1)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Karumac
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    I understand you were using weak throwing weapons, but even if you had good throwing weapons, I don't see it doing all that much more, and if it's not going to do more damage then you're currently doing, and it's taking your shadows, why would you use it?
    Do it for fun?
    (4)
    "I Trick Attacked some guy. He's dead now."

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast