Thread: Stratagems

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    Magic Burst Helices, can even get Ebullience in before hand. Really wish SE would introduce means of extending Helix duration, I'm not to big on new spells with II on the end. I'd rather see targeting weakness or Magic Bursting play a role, since both seem strategic.

My memory is fuzzy, but I don't even think you need Alacrity on your second nuke. I think I just did Immanence then cast at least, using gear like AF Feet and AFv2 Hat to speed up casting. Only issue is if Quick-Magic procs, you're nuking in trash, though I wouldn't mind simply because I could Alacrity and Magic Burst with the very spell I just closed with.
    How does a V spell cast in time using 2 jas?

the highest spell I done to use without it was III spells, and helix is actally a tricky timing, I failed making Helix end SC before ( was more showing people how scs mix, i normally dont use helix in SC)

Quote Originally Posted by hideka View Post
    yes i meant as a means of keeping low MP >_> and why would i bother doing self skill chains when i can oneshot non bosses in abyssea :P and yes you do need alacrity on the second cast if the spell is above a T3 spell, T4 cast about 2-3 seconds too slow to SC with another spell, and T5 is really really hard to SC with, you need to have some really good fast cast builds (damn near close to cap lol), gearswaps on your strat animations, and precise timing or macros, and yes, Ebulience bursting your helicies is AMAZING damage. ive gotten over 1k Helicies on bursts, i think my record was 2.5k helix on ironclad during 3x magic.

I dont use fast cast, it is all MAB/ INT as SCH/RDM, maybe too slow hitting macro? the timing is tricky but I am able, I showed how I macro on that thread.

But i do use those 3 jas and end with aero V to make SC
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 03-19-2011 at 12:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    How does a V spell cast in time using 2 jas?

the highest spell I done to use without it was III spells, and helix is actally a tricky timing, I failed making Helix end SC before ( was more showing people how scs mix, i normally dont use helix in SC)
    I mean Magic Burst Helix, 1k Helices are nice.

Not sure about closing without Alacrity, though. Not played my Scholar in forever, but I'm 100% certain I could close it with at least tIVs. I'm almost certain I remember doing Stone V + Water V > Reverberation on an Ironclad while Manaburning, simply because it was so impressive to pull off and then Magic Burst Hydrohelix for 1k (would have been an achievement if Modus Veritas didn't miss and cause me to rage).
    100% certain about tIVs though, you just need to use AF Feet and/or Relic hat (note: I don't have relic hat) to cut the cast time before swapping in regular damage gear. When the servers are back up I'll see if I was right about tVs so I can comment on it further.

And of course you're not going to use Immanence on regular mobs, Hideka. I'll make this clear now, I'll only ever be talking in respect to NMs unless I specifically state otherwise. Talking about regular mobs is a massive waste of time.
    If you can use it, Immanence offers you +60% damage, Ebullience is impossible to not use and gives +30%. Depending on the situation they'll either be equal or Immanence is twice as good as Ebullience. I don't buy using Parsimony for Ugly Pendant, even if I did, half the time Artemis' Medal is superior and the other half of the time +30% damage is still greater than +5MAB. Parsimony is trash.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I can see helix without Alacrity, not TIV or TV

unless your using fast cast gear/atma, not something i care to do so i have no idea for sure.

and dont forget about savant's chain, it may not be as good as ugly for T V but it gets close and better for helix.

with that said that should be reason enough not to worry about parsimony nukes to keep you under 50% mp.

some atma buffs may make savant's chain to pull a head for TV I have no idea i lost the ( don't know the word to use, inspiration ?) to do such things.

I know enough they they can be close in damage though
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 03-21-2011 at 09:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Player
    Because I said I would.

So yes, you can solo Skill Chain with tVs without Alacrity. Ignore the pathetic damage, I was naked. /Red Mage, Loquacious Earring and Scholar's loafers were the only Fast Cast I used, no Atma etc., so not even optimal. I see no reason you can't macro them out before casting finishes.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2