Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Repop timers are not very long. 15 seconds would be silly because stuff would be repopping in the time it takes to pull. They could be a bit shorter given it used to not be possible to interfere with other groups' runs, but remember that shorter repops potentially means an increase in drops and possibly a subsequent nerf to drop rates.
    (3)

Claiming an unclaimed monster, even if pulled, is the right SE themselves gave you. If anyone gets upset that you pulled an unclaimed monster that was at one point someone's target, or to be their target, they're wrong for it, because it's in the system to give it to you. That's why we can only claim 1 at a time.

Suggestions: Take any currently unclaimed monster you want to exp off of, or get a drop off of. You ignore or blacklist the person who yells at you about it. If you are on the recieving end of a multiclaim being snatched, remember you only have right to the red-worded monsters, but if you manage to kill yellow-worded monsters, more power to you. Just don't yell at someone who grabbed one of your targets, because even though it was your target, it wasn't your claim.
    (8)
    I like playing dnc. But, as galka, they should have natural earth damage to most dnc abilities.

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bruinbear View Post
    The monopolization of Dynamis zones by Beastmasters has gotten out of hand. Beastmasters have become extremely rude and carry themselves with a sense of entitlement in Dynamis zones. The gathering of all the monsters in the zone and sense that this is their right and elitism is horrible. Everywhere you go and in every zone, there are multiple BSTs claiming all the monsters and with several unclaimed, but partly damaged mobs with hate on them. When another player claims a mob, BSTs become disgruntled and give them attitude for doing so.

An example I can give is when I claimed an unclaimed monster next to a BST at what looked like full hp and only realized after claiming that it had been "red proc'd," to which the BST exchanged the following words: "F- yourself n-word." This is completely inappropriate behavior and has gone too far.

This entire process takes away from the ability of other players to enjoy the Dynamis event and to participate in the event at all when they are unable to claim monsters.

I propose that something (more than just the downgrade in TH to TH1 mentioned in the upcoming updates) be done to make Dynamis more equitable and fun for ALL players on FFXI.

Some suggestions to fix this process would be:
    1) To limit the number of players who are able to enter each zone, setting a cap in each zone dependent on the size of the zone.
    2) To take away treasure hunter effects from pets entirely, leaving TH to be a unique ability to the Thief and RNG job class.
    3) To change the way the system works so that one person cannot hold hate on more than one monster at a time.
    Go away now please.
    (8)

Player
    To say that the solution is to pull their mobs off them is incorrect, as this particular player did act out just by hitting an unclaimed, full health mob next to him that appeared as a link. Basically you are suggesting the solution is to be an asshole and be disrespectful to other players.
    Do you think Rugby players are committing assault every time they take the field? In Rugby, you hit people. In FFXI, yellow stuff is yellow.
    (5)

Some suggestions to fix this process would be:
    1) To limit the number of players who are able to enter each zone, setting a cap in each zone dependent on the size of the zone.
    2) To take away treasure hunter effects from pets entirely, leaving TH to be a unique ability to the Thief and RNG job class.
    3) To change the way the system works so that one person cannot hold hate on more than one monster at a time.
    1) Doesn't make sense. Dynamis had it's requirements removed to allow people to access the zone on their own time frame. If you don't have time to wait, you have to accept the current zone population. If you do, wait until a zone is less populated or farm another zone.

2) Removing TH from pets isn't going to have as much of a negative effect as people think it does. Procs are what gets you the most coins and even if you removed TH from pets, BST still have the same ability to proc. If I were a BST and they removed TH from pets completely you would still find me in dyna. TH doesn't need to be adjusted, procs do.

3) Already working as intended. Currently, BST cannot claim more than one mob. If you can't pull hate off either the BST or their pet then you didn't deserve to claim the mob in the first place.
    (8)

Character
    Samosa
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    This used to happen a lot during pre abyssea times, with BST's trying to solo and groups coming along and overcamping. When I was soloing from 1-75, I tried to avoid the normal camps as much as possible.
    I help my ls mates with Dyna runs all the time on BST and it saddens me a bit to see the job turned into the new "bandwagon".
    I try to avoid fighting more than 2 or 3 mobs at a time, as it's more a hassle than anything.
    But i agree with others here, if a BST has half a dozen or more mobs that they are fighting, then if they are yellow they can't complain. However if they only have 2 or 3 at a time, then there should be more than enough for everyone.
    Also don't forget that multiple mob families per zone drop the same currency.
    (1)

umm..... why the bashing on one job of many that can pull and tank multiple mobs like this? The level of hatred for a job that has been treated like the red-headed step-child for years and has finally managed to carve a new niche for itself is just astounding.

As many have stated, you can only maintain your claim on one target. The game is intentionally designed to function that way for a reason. All unclaimed targets are fair game. Claim one, proc it, kill it. The game is designed to be played that way. If they want to debate you over the validity of such action, direct them to the games ToS.

SE has stated that monopolization IS a violation of that TOS. So.....if this REALLY is a problem for you, then you need to report it through the proper channels. Granted, they may not take immediate action. I have run into this before with someone monopolizing a target. It took an entire alliance of complaints before a GM took action.....but, the point is they DID eventually do something about it. We just had to get enough voices raising hell about this guy before anything happened.

TLDR:

There already exists several remedies to this situation. The bigger problem I see is that you chose not to take any of the appropriate actions to resolve the issue, therefore the problem persisted for you. Now you are are butt-hurt and calling for a massive nerf to one particular sector of the playerbase simply because YOU failed to do what was well within YOUR power to affect a change in the situation.
    (6)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Cinnabbon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    A couple of quick notes:
    1) I check every zone throughout the day before entering and only go into less populated areas. The particular incident that occurred last night occurred when I entered with 6 in Qufim. Once you enter a zone you have no ability to simply change zones.

If they want to allow you to store saved dyna time like you store abyssea time I'd be happy to recognize it got crowded and come back later.

2) Some zones have the ability to serve a higher capacity of players than others. Players should be more cognizant of this when entering a zone. It hurts them and everyone else.

3) I do look at all the possible mobs to fight and this is the situation across the board, not just at one type of monster for that currency.

Last night was as bad as I've seen it with 3-4 bst per each ja proc mob. I'm sure this wasn't enjoyable for them either.

4) It's not just about claiming the multiple monsters at once but the "divine right" attitude that accompanies it. It's a "this is my turf get out" attitude.

5) while it may be within the rules of the game to claim any yellow mob, you know that if every non bst did this to the bst with 6 mobs around, there would be a rage by the bst for them having done so. They rage if you so much as take an untouched monster in their area. If that's the only resolution- to piss of beasts and take all the yellow mobs around them, then be careful what you wish for and dont complain when people do it to you.

6) I agree changing the proc system may help. At least if ws and magic procs were more frequent then people would have more options.
    (3)

Character
    Cinnabbon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post

So.....if this REALLY is a problem for you, then you need to report it through the proper channels.

TLDR:

There already exists several remedies to this situation. The bigger problem I see is that you chose not to take any of the appropriate actions to resolve the issue, therefore the problem persisted for you. Now you are are butt-hurt and calling for a massive nerf to one particular sector of the playerbase simply because YOU failed to do what was well within YOUR power to affect a change in the situation.
    You are entirely incorrect in your assumption. I spoke with a GM about my concerns and was directed to post suggestions on the forum as well as email support which I am doing as well.
    (1)
    Last edited by bruinbear; 02-12-2012 at 07:06 AM.

Character
    Lafaiel
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Take all thier yellow mobs. drive them out! make them go somewhere else, they think they're too good to team up with anyone and want to hog all the mobs, bst does not get along with anyone because most of the people that level it are either an only child so they don't know how to share or interact with people, or they are usually shut ins that have no social skill so they can't play a party job because they will get kicked from it.

Those are the reasons why they rage so much when you try to get a few mobs, the only way to deal with them is like the bully at thier school deals with them, take it by force. Nobody likes a beastmaster anyway, damn furries.
    (3)

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast