Thread: AF3 +2 5/5 set

Character
    Rampage
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

AF3 +2 5/5 set

Has anyone figured out what the proc rate is for the 5/5 set is? There was allot of speculation if the 5/5 would give an added boost over just adding a single piece of equipment. The only info i have found where it seems someone has actually tested it is with the 3/5 where the proc rate seems to be 1 - 2%
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    Has anyone figured out what the proc rate is for the 5/5 set is? There was allot of speculation if the 5/5 would give an added boost over just adding a single piece of equipment. The only info i have found where it seems someone has actually tested it is with the 3/5 where the proc rate seems to be 1 - 2%

5% it is crap.
    (3)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Zeroe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Absolute garbage. Stick to haste cap, and use your remaining af3 for WS Swaps if need be.
    (0)

Player
    however, if you have an apoc using the entire set with a haste belt(preferably goading) will keep you at cap and you get a nice free damage boost(yes not that much, but it happens more frequently than you'd expect, at least it does for me)
    (1)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiken253 View Post
    however, if you have an apoc using the entire set with a haste belt(preferably goading) will keep you at cap and you get a nice free damage boost(yes not that much, but it happens more frequently than you'd expect, at least it does for me)

/facepalm

Come on man that is terrible advice. AF3+2 5/5 is never worth it, esp not with an Apoc. I feel like I'm always responding to your post in a negative manner, but you continue to post information that is not even close to the truth and might steer people with serious questions in the wrong direction.

5/5 is an 8-9% loss in DPS compared to all the other options and that includes the set bonus. If ACC comes into play like in VW its a 13%+ drop in DPS.

Don't use 5/5 ever, unless you want a pretty SS.
    (4)
    Last edited by Taint2; 02-15-2012 at 06:45 AM.
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Zorander
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    This statement is bad advice please ignore.
    (0)
    LONG LIVE BUCKAFUFALO!

Character
    Rampage
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Would any of you use Grim +1 over twilight for Resolution on tier III jeuno mobs or new content where we arent so hard up for acc as an example or do you think its just too much hastle to have more than one set for resolution?
    (0)

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    This is really not good advice.
    (3)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    Would any of you use Grim +1 over twilight for Resolution on tier III jeuno mobs or new content where we arent so hard up for acc as an example or do you think its just too much hastle to have more than one set for resolution?

2 sets or more are smart to have.

I have 4 different macro sets for DRK all on the same book so I can cycle between them on the fly if needed.
    (0)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Player
    @taint I only use full af3+2 when i have the Catastrophe aftermath up(because it's 10% GEAR haste) which means the haste you're getting from your legs and feet are useless, and i only use cata to heal myself if i need it, otherwise I do use a full haste set. i don't see how you think this is bad, just do normal WSs(entropy/guillotine) until you need to heal yourself and the WHms aren't focusing on you(which for me is a llot, and I also like to not be a burden on them) so that extra 10% haste that I'm getting I don't want to go to waste. So just for extra damage I have an aftermath set.

I hope people actually think these things through lol... I shouldn't have to explain these concepts. I didn't say Always and Forever fulltime af3+2 set, but seeing as i said Apoc you probably sometimes use Catastrophe, which means youre getting free 10% haste at least some of the time, and you really should take advantage of that.

and my faith in humanity slips even further, I thank you.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast