Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Alistaire
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    So when someone casts cursna on you you see the line "Cursed is no longer cursed."?
    Still curious on this.
    (2)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vazerus View Post
    I'll take your Aegis D:
    You can't, he needs it for his Valoredge.
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    So when someone casts cursna on you you see the line "Cursed is no longer cursed."?
    More likely "Someone casts Cursna on Cursed, but the spell fails to take effect"
    (3)

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Tanking..... Derail incommmmmmmming.......
    My finest moment, .... I dunno what the hell they were thinking, but way back when. i was an aegis'less pld, c.o.p. was still capped, our static tank decided he wanted to go dd, ....we were doing vazhal crystal clear, the one you fight all the mini bosses per level, anyway, being capped, it not being our run I think everyone was on a Skrew around with it kick, in anycase, it got a little hairy as my pld/war tank having hate hobble around, my Whm went kaput, my dds soon followed, mob still @12%ish, I'm seeing the disapointed chat lines, "wipe, we lost" mind youwere capped at 50 I think it was, I POP that invincible, spamed weaponskills when I could, ccure 2 , 3, man I was doing it!!!! Lol. Yeah, its pretty pathetic, and we had no business letting it get as bad as it did..... In anycase, mob dies, there wasn't a bigger head on the linkshell that day.... Lol ..... That's riggggght we just got my joy toy and I insisted on using it that day, General felt frisky, and let me rock pld.... Yeah, we went back to being the Whm after that though.... Tanking is fun, keeping hate and dmg off dd can be tuff. Respect the good plds. They earned it, ...... And on the note of tanking, its still there if you choose to use it.... Often easier ways, but i do appriciate em for holding and o crap good ol fashion tanking.
    (1)
    In our wake will be smoke fire and burnt charred remains of those that have fell before us, We will not remember their names, as they are no more, the next challenge, the next horizon is what we strive for and Demand it be met with Ferocity, We Grin at the Possibility of death, Fear no Mob that walks Vana'diel or it's Realms, there is no tomorrow, there is only now, For pride, for honor, for Glory We are The Knights of Pegasus.

I have to agree with this thread. Tanking is dead currently. Would love to see it come back. And please make BST a real tank.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Perhaps NMs could behave like those in FFXIV. For example, when fighting Titan, he will apply a debuff to current tank. After a certain stack from the debuff, the other tank takes over until the debuff wears off the previous tank.

Things like this kept tanks and healers on their toes.
    (0)

Player
    WHAT NECROMANCY IS THIS?!?!

This is an ancient thread, also PLD is very much in use in many High Tier Battlefields atm.
    (0)

Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post

This is an ancient thread, also PLD is very much in use in many High Tier Battlefields atm.
    Yeah, that was my bad on the bump.
    (0)

Character
    Alexandero
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post

Yes, as long as they have RNGs and THFs to transfer hate to them. The acts are proof that enmity is still broken. For instance, both myself (119 RUN) and an Aegis Pld went with an alliance to WoE 13 last night and spammed it. We both ended up changing jobs because neither of us could keep the hate. We were, in effect, just gimping our alliance at that point. Pld more so than Run, at least I could buff the party. When grouping with a party, I can sometimes keep hate, in an alliance, it's not going to happen. It becomes a dps burn.

Gone are the days that the DPS worries about their hate generation. Players today have a burn mentality, that's thanks to you Square. Most of us that played back at 75 remember having to turn our backs when we would get hate and allow the tank to get it back. We grew up in dune parties and other xp parties that utilized a tank, so we knew how to play with a tank. Todays crowd grew up in an aby era where it was burn burn burn. They don't know how to play with a tank, and whm's are to the point that they can keep everyone alive anyway.

Advice: To fix tanking you have to make the punishment for over dps'ing not worth it. When we pulled hate on a dunes bunny, we died in 3 hits. We knew not to pull hate. Since aby dps is going to want to go all out. If that happens and they ignore the tanks, then they die in three hits. Boost RUNs and PLDs defense and strip more of theirs, to the point that dt gear allows them to die in 4 hits instead of three.

I can keep hate, a PLD can keep hate, but neither of us can do it when the dps is in a parsing mentality. We just can put out that much damage. They need to be in a "pay attention to my enmity" mentality. Like they once were when we needed tanks.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Really that mentality is partly because it wont work these days. Everyone capped within 3 seconds of fighting because they refuse to make dmg enmity scale based on something that makes sense like total mob hp instead of mob level. So the only thing turning around would do is let the tank get hate back until the moment you turn around again which with your suggestion would make them have to turn back around. Imagine doing that for entire fights @.@. So the only thing that would do in effect is make it so you'd only take pld/run + rng. Or have 4 pld/run "dds" lol. Before they can think of doing that they need to fix the utterly broken enmity generation system
    (2)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast