Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesh View Post
    And if you're so hump happy over Homam Hands, why aren't you using Ocelot?
    Because they look disgusting. Same as Ocelot Pants, which is why I even hate using them in my evasion set.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    To big to quote and no Spoiler Options on this Website <This is the post you posted after my last post
    Convincing enough, Its refreshing to talk to someone who knows their stuff >.O

I'll probably fool around with my sets a bit, Hell i carry like 7 daggers with me at all times, i enjoy playing around with them. So I'll probably make a few different TP Sets to see what i like the best. I like my 5/5 Build but I wouldn't mind trying the Full Haste/Dual Wield Maximum Build you listed... Actually sounds quite intriguing.

Edit: Also, I simply love how Ocelot Looks, Maybe its because I'm a Mithra >.>; I'm just natural inclined to like feral-looking armor. The Pants are gaudy as FK but i like how the Gloves mesh.
    (0)

Player
    Nice that you are open to try new things indeed Arcon, and attack really is a big deal for thf. People generalize things too much. "you don't need acc, you don't need attack, yadda yadda". Bullshit.

I don't know for sure the amount of attack necessary to cap cratio on normal mobs. I've read things about 750-800. Thf/nin simply can't reach that, not without a "cheat" (stelwarts). With an attack atma + red curry bun we barely breach 700 attack. And we can't really count with stelwarts 100% of the time, specially not against nms.

If we are around 600ish attack, adding 50 attack with an atma is virtually the same boost we get from Nusku's sash (~8%). Not small at all. I've been defending RR/AO/Apoc as the single best atma combo for thf for this reason. Surely can't be used in every situation due the hp loss, but if your purpose is damage, the combo is unsurpassed.

So yeah, i believe your set is very close to the best we could get to dps against fodder mobs/weak nms. Best probably being something around dusk hands +1 for an extra oomph (attack again). I wouldn't doubt of other ways to tweak it around. But anyway, when it comes to big tough nms, or any mob with higher evasion, af hands shine. Its boost alone will beat that of Nusku's sash. Actually i calculated the difference between both sets (which i can show although i've done it on excel - so not many details) as being around 1% in nusku favor. This difference was small due attack starvation, acc being an issue af hands (not forgetting homam feet+love torque or agasaya) would just crush it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Laphine; 03-20-2011 at 08:55 AM.

Character
    Pesh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Because they look disgusting. Same as Ocelot Pants, which is why I even hate using them in my evasion set.
    So vanity trumps effectiveness now?
    (0)
    Paragon of Pigtails Excellence!

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesh View Post
    So vanity trumps effectiveness now?
    Always did.