Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Dibble
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Chocobo Racing - Suggestions

I'm sure people would prefer that SE worked on something more "important" but I just wanted to feedback on this anyway.

A few things could do with a little bit of tweaking:
    1. Ability to trade more than one of any race item to the CRA (this can't be a big change programmatically, instead of storing a flag for each item, store an integer)
    2. Increase stack size for race apples (Speed, Stamina, etc) to 99
    3. Move the "Start race." option to the top of the menu - we don't need a "Race overview." more than once so it really doesn't need to be top of the list.

Lastly, Free Runs are one of the few ways for new trainers to earn chocobucks but the Elite NPC racers appear FAR too often. I think the probability that each one will appear is independent but that just makes it worse. It seems that at least one will appear more often than not.

I'm going to record how often they appear in my runs to get some hard stats.

Chocobucks can be earned in high numbers by experienced racers, so we know that it's not a "balance" issue, where SE doesn't want too many Chocobucks being earned. However, the reality is that once you can earn chocobucks that easily you don't need them anymore.

It's unnecessarily punitive towards new racers.
    (1)
    Last edited by Dibs; 02-08-2012 at 08:11 PM.
    NIN is not even one of my three jobs on char profile - GJ SE!

Character
    Risae
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    The sequence, while not fixed, generally means that you will get three races without the 'three demons', three races with at least one, and then one race with all three.

I too would like the Menu Order changed for the basic runs, with Free Run at the top of the first menu, and Start Race at the top of the next.

The people most likely to repeatedly use the menu will be using these options most often, and selecting either 'by mistake' has a generally small negative impact.

It's a little thing, but little things are nice.
    (0)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I have such a problem earning chocobucks. Been off and on for the last year. And am only up to about 500 atm. That was until i found out that the tokens i want to buy can only be bought if your nations is in first place on the standings.
    Iv watched over the last year, and the first place nation (on Odin, windrust) has been dominate every every every single week. Which means i can never spend my tokens. Only option is to change nations for the chocobo standings and lose all my current chocobucks ><
    And to make that worse, iv heard reports of it taking like 7+ tokens (at ~90-100 bucks each) to raise a stat a single lvl. This could take longer then a damn mythic...

Those three master chocos are a bit annoying in the free runs. Tho i can occasionally beat them, i don't count on it. I wish racing items were more readily available. And not at a large cost.

And whats with the saddles? Iv read about em, but iv never seen one, or anyone that knows about them.
    (0)

Character
    Dibble
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Godofgods View Post
    And whats with the saddles? Iv read about em, but iv never seen one, or anyone that knows about them.
    Saddles are used on the C1-C4 races in the choco circuit

You don't buy them, you just get a choice of which to use in that race.
    (0)
    NIN is not even one of my three jobs on char profile - GJ SE!

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibs View Post
    Saddles are used on the C1-C4 races in the choco circuit

You don't buy them, you just get a choice of which to use in that race.
    Thank you taru'
    (0)

Suggestion: Make chocobo racing actually fun like FF7.
    (2)

Character
    Hrasvelg
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    COR Lv 75
    Got a question regarding Nation Rank in chocobo races.
    Been doing races for a while. On Former-Hades and Cerberus, don't know about other servers, Windurst has been the crowning First Place Nation of Chocobo Races for as long as I can remember.

What does it take to shift things over? The obvious answer would probably be to have more 1rst place victories from other nations, but with saddle options as they are, I doubt this will ever change.

What I mean by this:
    The first place nation (in my case is Windurst) has access to the "best" saddle. Always.
    Example:
    "Lauan Saddle A standard model, the lauan saddle will stabilize your chocobo's stride. (Available to 3rd place nation).
    Elm Saddle¹ A standard model, the elm saddle will stabilize your chocobo's stride. It also increases your mount's endurance. (Available only to 1rst place nation)"

Almost every player-owned chocobo I've raced against has been Windurstian. I'll see one Sandy or Bastok for every twenty-ish Windurstian chocobos. Who can blame them? Access to the best saddle and all.

Here are some suggestions that would make Nation Rank a more important matter in Chocobo Racing.

[1] Make Saddle availability proportionate to how many victory points you have. or,
    [2] Restrict access of the best saddle from the first place nation to make it more challenging to defend. or,
    [3] Eliminate Saddles all together. (I'm not too passionate about this one).

I think people competing FOR their nation would add more hype to chocobo racing.
    (0)
    Just a level 75 COR still trying to cap his skills before venturing into level 76. All that's left is parrying.
    SE please give me a Parry Roll or Parry Bonus Job Trait.
    SE Thank you for the COR update that changes Gallant's Roll. You have indirectly answered my prayers for assistance in Parrying Skillups!! THANK YOU SE. -_-

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevriel View Post
    On Former-Hades and Cerberus, don't know about other servers, Windurst has been the crowning First Place Nation of Chocobo Races for as long as I can remember.
    same on odin. Iv never seen windy not in first place
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Solo victory points... "Hey there, I see you haven't raced in a month, so we're confiscating half your points."
    Then ofcourse, you lose the race, forget all about it for a month (hello Abyssea 1-3), and BAM! "Hey there, I see you haven't raced in a month, so we're confiscating half your points." Ofcourse, you do not get refunded for the millions of gil you paid to join races to earn those points, only to see them vanish because you stopped gambling...

And ofcourse, the items used in the race.. you can only store one, so you end up with an inventory full of unusable junk only used for races you can do once a day.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Zackan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Or..gasp....you could get a bunch of peeps together and DO SOMETHING about your nation not being first place.... Garriso and expeditionary forces are two examples of how to effect nation rank... Can also go level low level Jobs or do level sync. Point is put your nation in first place Instead of complaining that it never is
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast