Character
    Dabackpack
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Assault Mission Requirements

Dear Square-Enix,

The game has shifted in a new direction since the inclusion of the Abyssea zones and the upgraded level cap. Of course, the new content provides new challenges and new opportunities for our characters to grow stronger. However, a lot of the game still depends on past content. I'm sure you hear this quite a bit, and I think it's nice that you are revisiting some of this. The one aspect of 75 play I would like to focus on is Assault.

While most of the items that are bought with assault points have become obsolete (but not all of them!), there is still a major reward that completing these missions can lead to: Mythic weapons. One of the requirements of unlocking a Mythic weapon is finishing every assault mission (along with attaining Captain status). This is especially hard in modern times, since the main block preventing people from engaging in assault missions is the three-person minimum requirement.

It's hard to find people to do these things with because the many people that -need- these done have finished them while they were still relevant. There are nice people and friends that are willing to help occasionally, sure, but I feel that it would help the rest of us 'catch up' if we abolish the three-person requirement. Quite a few of the assault missions were soloable at 75, but still needed three people to enter. I am sure that it would be even easier nowadays. The three-person minimum is a seemingly arbitrary requirement in this time.

Of course, I'm not asking for a nerf of the difficulty. Some missions will REQUIRE three or more people just because they are difficult. I just think that the requirement should depend on the skill of the players, not on this outdated restriction. Not everything should be soloable, but I feel that the things that ARE soloable should be allowed to be completed by just one person when he or she wishes. Nyzul Isle is an exception, of course, because of the lamp stages. It makes sense that three people are needed. The rest of the missions, such as battles, might not need this.

I think that this is one step that can bring people back to Whitegate, since with Trial of the Magians, Mythic Weapons are still relevant. The 'challenge' in finishing these weapons should not depend on the number of friends we have who are always willing to help by literally lending their bodies, but rather on the dedication of those that are willing to complete these tasks.

Thank you for your consideration,
    Dabackpack

Edit: Whoops, didn't see a similar topic in another category.
    (15)
    Last edited by DaBackpack; 02-08-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Character
    Dabackpack
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    No thoughts?
    (0)

Character
    Dabackpack
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Wow, ok. >.>
    (0)

Character
    Jobant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Assault Mission Requirements

I too would like to see the 3 person minimum relaxed. As stated, its difficult to find people to do assaults nowadays. I have tried to form a static without any success. Most people are either done with all the assaults or have no interest. Without finishing the assaults, I have no ability to start a Mythic weapon.
    (4)

I agree, but don't see it changing. Would be really nice if they could. I do believe making older content easier for people who want to experience all of the game, is a good idea.
    (0)

I agree entirely with the first post. There is no reason to put any sort of restrictions on content that offers outdated rewards. Personally, I want to do many of the assaults just for the sake of completion (so what if I have OCD?!?), but getting people to help you when there's nothing in it for them is kinda futile. I could ask friends to help me, but I'd be asking for a lot of favors if i were to have them assist me on every single assault mission when there was nothing in it for either me or them in terms of rewards. It feels kinda selfish to make them help me.

I feel the same way for assault tags. I think assault missions should more or less be spammable at this point in the game, maybe the same with old-nyzul too. It's old and outdated, no reason to hold people back anymore. There aren't many who are doing that sort of content anymore either, so there wouldn't be much of a risk of congestion.
    (9)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    amen to this whole thread
    (1)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I would love to see the 3-man requirement lifted.
    (1)

Character
    Dieth
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Liked, working on my re50 and Nyzul Tokens, would love to be able to duo these.
    (0)
    ~ si deus nobiscum quis contra nos ~
    I am a Lazy French Shower

Windurst - Carbuncle (formerly Gilgamesh)
    Character
    Lordderg
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I also feel that 3 member requirement for Assault needs to go because finding help for it is quite difficult nowadays. Some new players won't bother with Assault while some older players completed it already and aren't likely to go through it again. Since some older content like Dynamis, CoP level capped areas, and Salvage were recently revamped to make them more accessible, why not revamp Assault as well.
    (0)
    FFXI Characters:
    Lordderg (formerly Derg from the Gilgamesh server) ~ Hume: Windurst
    Pikamoogle ~ Tarutaru: Bastok

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast