Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Request: Increase Merit "Weapon Skill" Cap from 15, to 25.

Hi Everyone!

As the title says, The point of this particular thread is to request an increase in the Amount of Weaponskills we can merit. Currently, We can merit a total of 15x in the (3 WS to Max).

My request is to increase this to 25, Which would allow us a maximum of 5 Max Merited WS, Just 1/3rd of the Total of them.

I ask this because it would be a small comprimise, i know SE Wants us to chose these WS for whatever reason, But i feel 3/15 (1/5th) is just too a few too small. 5/15 (A total of 1/3rd of them) would be more reasonable and still include the feeling of exclusiveness with the weaponskills.

I ask this because while some people know exactly what they want, like Resolution, Ruinator, Exenterator, Last Stand, Tachi-Shoha being obvious choices, the more "Fun" WS, like Realmrazer, or Shattersoul are left unmeritted in lieu of more powerful choices.

I personally wanted to merit Shattersoul for fun, But instead went the path of Use over fun.

I know the choice is suppose to be there for us to decide, But as stated, This would be a small adjustment in the right direction, Keep them exclusive as it appears to fall in line with your vision, but allow us a bit more lead-way, a bit more freedom to map out a proper balance of use and fun.

Thanks for your consideration!
    (111)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 08-18-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    "Fun" choices will always fall outside the spending budget,wether it's 15 or 25. 15 was enough for me, with just H2H, dagger and sword.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if SE increases the limit in a future update, after they got some more data on player preference on weaponskills.
    (2)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    "Fun" choices will always fall outside the spending budget,wether it's 15 or 25. 15 was enough for me, with just H2H, dagger and sword.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if SE increases the limit in a future update, after they got some more data on player preference on weaponskills.
    Not always, No. Maybe to some, Yah. For instance, As it stands now I have Dagger, Greatsword, and Axe. If i got 2 more, It'd be GreatAxe(orH2H), and staff!

I really do hope they decide to up it in the future...
    (5)

Character
    Nightfox
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Hi Everyone!

As the title says, The point of this particular thread is to request an increase in the Amount of Weaponskills we can merit. Currently, We can merit a total of 15x in the (3 WS to Max).

My request is to increase this to 25, Which would allow us a maximum of 5 Max Merited WS, Just 1/3rd of the Total of them.

I ask this because it would be a small comprimise, i know SE Wants us to chose these WS for whatever reason, But i feel 3/15 (1/5th) is just too a few too small. 5/15 (A total of 1/3rd of them) would be more reasonable and still include the feeling of exclusiveness with the weaponskills.

I ask this because while some people know exactly what they want, like Resolution, Ruinator, Exenterator, Last Stand, Tachi-Shoha being obvious choices, the more "Fun" WS, like Realmrazer, or Shattersoul are left unmeritted in lieu of more powerful choices.

I personally wanted to merit Shattersoul for fun, But instead went the path of Use over fun.

I know the choice is suppose to be there for us to decide, But as stated, This would be a small adjustment in the right direction, Keep them exclusive as it appears to fall in line with your vision, but allow us a bit more lead-way, a bit more freedom to map out a proper balance of use and fun.

Thanks for your consideration!
    I agree with you on this Karbuncle. At first I was disappointed that there was a limit to how many that can be merited. But, I realized that it would not be special at all if anyone can own all weapon skills 5/5. However, as you stated, only a max of 15 is not that much, in our opinions at least. I have all jobs at level 99 and would like a few of them to get some of the new weapon skills, but with only 3 to max out, it is a difficult choice. Though I've heard that in ffxi you are only sopposed to focus mainly on 3 jobs, which could be their reasoning. But overall, I believe a max of 25 is fair.
    (4)

I'd sooner want the quality of certain weapon skills improved--hello Requiescat, Realmrazer, Ruinator--than have the chance to burn more merit points on them as is. It is long past time to stop penalizing weapon skills because of the job associated with them (don't bother lying about Requiescat and Paladin, by the way).
    (7)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    I'd rather they increased the job specific merits limit, especially now it's not based on making your job as unique to you as you need most for triggers in VW.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
    I'd sooner want the quality of certain weapon skills improved--hello Requiescat, Realmrazer, Ruinator--than have the chance to burn more merit points on them as is. It is long past time to stop penalizing weapon skills because of the job associated with them (don't bother lying about Requiescat and Paladin, by the way).
    Ruinator is actually really Boss. It destroys rampage in every aspect, It is the best Axe Weaponskill in the game. (outside Abyssea of course).

Still, I think You're right in some aspects. I always thought it was really really Really REALLY Stupid of Square Enix to make level 96+ Merited Weaponskills "balance" with level 60 Weaponskills (Hello Realmrazer Nerf to be about on par with Hexastrike...).

The logic of that descision escapes me.

DevA:"So, We have these Final, Powerful, Merited Weaponskills, How strong should we make them?"
    DevB:"How about we make them On Par or weaker than the weaponskills they got naturally over 30 levels ago for Balance?"
    Everyone:"GIVE THIS MAN A PROMOTION."
    (13)

Character
    Seig
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    honestly, i think merit point ws are a dumb idea in general. this is obviously just my opinion, but the whole merit grind is getting extremely boring. we need merit points for everything, merit points for regular merits, merit points for quests (level cap quests to be exact), merit points for relic armor upgrades and merit points for weapon skills and lets not forget, merit points to even make those ws an option to obtain. its starting to get old really really fast. creativity is starting to really lack. it almost seems like they sit around a table trying to come up with ideas and find that nothing works so they settle for "lets just make it cost merit points." again, this is just my opinion but merit weapon skills is not the best idea in my opinion. especially considering that you need them in 5/5 for most of them to be useful at all. and some of them are useless even at 5/5 with their level 60-65 weapon skills out damaging them. at least if they are going to have us spend 100 merits on a ws that also requires a skill level of 357, it should be better then our ws that you gain with only 200-225 points alone. i think it would be much better just to make it an actual quest. not to tough but not to easy. and the end result, make it something rewarding and actually worth having. now if they made it an actual quest to unlock the weapon skills and then made it so you can spend merit points to tweak them a little, then that would make much more sense to me. again, only tweak, like give a list of additional effects we may want to merit on the ws. let us tweak the modifiers of the ws so we can choose which ones we want on it. example, if it is sword, give us the option to choose whether we want str, mnd, or int as primary modifiers. but this having to make a ws 5/5 in merits to even make it worth having is just plain dumb in my opinion
    (6)
    Last edited by mattkoko; 02-10-2012 at 03:41 AM.

Character
    Nightfox
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkoko View Post
    honestly, i think merit point ws are a dumb idea in general. this is obviously just my opinion, but the whole merit grind is getting extremely boring. we need merit points for everything, merit points for regular merits, merit points for quests (level cap quests to be exact), merit points for relic armor upgrades and merit points for weapon skills and lets not forget, merit points to even make those ws an option to obtain. its starting to get old really really fast. creativity is starting to really lack. it almost seems like they sit around a table trying to come up with ideas and find that nothing works so they settle for "lets just make it cost merit points." again, this is just my opinion but merit weapon skills is not the best idea in my opinion. especially considering that you need them in 5/5 for most of them to be useful at all. and some of them are useless even at 5/5 with their level 60-65 weapon skills out damaging them. at least if they are going to have us spend 100 merits on a ws that also requires a skill level of 357, it should be better then our ws that you gain with only 200-225 points alone. i think it would be much better just to make it an actual quest. not to tough but not to easy. and the end result, make it something rewarding and actually worth having. now if they made it an actual quest to unlock the weapon skills and then made it so you can spend merit points to tweak them a little, then that would make much more sense to me. again, only tweak, like give a list of additional effects we may want to merit on the ws. let us tweak the modifiers of the ws so we can choose which ones we want on it. example, if it is sword, give us the option to choose whether we want str, mnd, or int as primary modifiers. but this having to make a ws 5/5 in merits to even make it worth having is just plain dumb in my opinion
    I know what you mean mattkoko, it can get really tedious and/or boring to acquire merit points for alot of things. But, I feel with more merit options, the more people will need to party for experience points. If there were less options to spend merits on, there would be less need to party (unless to level up a job). In my opinion, I would like them to continue making new things to spend merits on so they will not go to waste. Not everyone likes to party though because it too is boring at times.
    (1)

Character
    Seig
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    i agree. but if that is the case, i would rather them make more meritable abilites or traits, rather then quests and armor. again, i am not saying completely band meritable ws. all i am saying is make every ws attainable by a quest (one that does not involve spending merits. however make it like the wsnm quests or drops from certain nms in or outside abyssea). and then once you have this weapons skills, allow you to merit little tweaks on the ws. rather then make it completely reliant on 5/5 merits for the ws to be useful
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast