Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Capriciousone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Actually, the JP Community Dev Team was talking about this on the JP forums about 2 months ago. I think the reasoning behind the current cap is two fold.

1) "If they increase it from 15 to 25, people will then probably ask to increase the cap further from 25 to 30 or even to 35, where do we draw the line?"

2) The reasoning behind only being able to cap 3 is to promote specialties/customization. If everyone had many of the weapon skills unlocked there would be less diversity between players and it would become 'the norm' rather than one player 'specializing in 1-3 jobs' merit ws' with the current system, players choose their favorite or most useful weapon skills. If they wanted everybody to have all of them they wouldn't have made them meritable and they'd be unlocked naturally through skill points, which isn't the point of merits. Merit point abilities are meant to further specialize your jobs to cater to your playstyle, not make you bread&butter like everything else. i.e You can be an OAT DRG and spam Stardiver and thus max out Stardiver, or you can have Mythic and use Drakesbane and thus put the points from Stardiver into say your DRK's Resolution. Or maybe since you have Almace you don't need Requiescat, or maybe you prefer using Excalibur and KoTR so you save your points for another job's WS etc..
    1. Well personally I think the limit cap itself is just dumb period, weather its weapon skills, attributes, job abilities, or whatever. The fact is even if you COULD merit each option in each category not everybody values the same things. For instance, under attributes mages would favor int/mnd mostly and maybe chr if you're dancer. non mage mobs would favor agi/vit defensively or for damage dealers str and dex would be more priorities. Essentially people would either merit up what they feel would benefit the jobs they play the most or sure up the weaknesses of the jobs they play the most. Personally like Group 1 and group 2 merits for each job should be 25 each or at least 15 as an absolute minimum but I dont expect much of SE these days. For my Red Mage i mostly would like to max out Phalanx II, Dia+Bio III, paralyze+blind II as I see these as most useful to my play style but that is just me. As far as drawing the line, I'm not saying everybody idea should just be heard and thrown into the game but at the very least if somebody post and idea and enough people "like" the post using the like button then it should at least be SERIOUSLY considered and not just glossed over.

2. As far as weaponskills go i am only 95 and havent done the final limit break yet and with the cost each merit for those I am in no hurry to get and merit any of them as I'm already tired of the grind for merits as well as magian trials. In any case my focus would be on Extenerator for daggers (THF/DNC) and Requiescat (BLU/PLD/RDM) as those are the jobs I am most likely to consitently play and can each use those ws with the weapon type they are assigned. It is when you come into the more specialized weapons like katana/great katana that very few jobs can use where that becomes a real issue. Even in the case of where i would decide to use and level up BLM/WHM/SCH making the decision of club or staff still is dicey at best bc each weapon has other weapon skills that are both useful depending on the situation as well as stat bonuses. I would have to pick one over the other instead of being able to max out both and just switching weapons as needed for the active job. The key word is OPTIONS, se isnt in the business of letting us have access to as many OPTIONS as possible at any and all given moments.
    (1)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    More support for this. In my book some jobs can do without merit ws and make emp/relic/mythic weapons/ws. But some seem to conclusively need the merit ws just to be competative. Id say 4-5 fully merited ws would be great and while i may sound like a broken record... I really cant give up other ws i currently have to get shoha, and from what im seeing, id be lucky to keep up with fudo only.
    (3)

Didnt see this thread when I started the below one lol:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...666#post361666

Oops xD
    (2)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Wouldn't mind seeing the forum flooded with unique threads asking for this tbh.
    (5)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Player
    Yeah they've proven they can ignore long running threads with tons of likes for months, almost seems more effective to barrage them with quantity of threads asking for similar adjustments...
    (6)

Character
    Powder
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99

22 Jobs 3 Merited Weapon Skills? Pleeeeze!

There are many of us who play more than 3 jobs these days depending on what we are doing. Come on SE let us merit more WS! How many players have to beg before you give us what we want? I will jump off the cliff and say hell let us merit them all. Pleeeeeze?
    (3)
    Last edited by Powder; 04-27-2014 at 03:16 AM.

My blood type? oh! coffee of course!

yes please, still want. know this is a necro thread but still want this.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4