Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Personally i'd like to balance him on a flaming tight rope suspended over various vicious (normally) caged beasts, with a killer bee hive attached to one end of his balance stick and on the other side a monkey flinging poo at him.
    (5)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala View Post
    Personally i'd like to balance him on a flaming tight rope suspended over various vicious (normally) caged beasts, with a killer bee hive attached to one end of his balance stick and on the other side a monkey flinging poo at him.
    That might be just a BIT extreme.
    (2)

Character
    Vazerus
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    OP has my support, and it looks like 64 others, too xD
    (3)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The Art of Balance, by Sun Tzunaka.
    (2)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Hello Square Enix. Just thought I might bring this back up again since the content seems to be getting light due to work on the Expansion... Maybe throw this in an update and shut everyone up while they squee for glee and merit their fun Weaponskills?

P.S if you tell us "No, Because if we raise it to 5 you'll ask for more" - I'm booking my ticket to the next vana'fest so I can convince every player there to ask the Dev team to raise the Merit point limit on WS.
    (8)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 07-20-2012 at 04:11 AM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Camate / Oki and other CR's can you please bring this up to the devs. There is a large amount of support from the player base on this issue and it won't effect "game balance" in any way.
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Camate / Oki and other CR's can you please bring this up to the devs. There is a large amount of support from the player base on this issue and it won't effect "game balance" in any way.
    I already predict a responce much like this one...
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Good evening, Vana'diel!

As a part of the character growth system, we will be increasing merit caps and adding new categories in the future. However, we will not be removing the cap entirely.

The reason we are not removing this cap is because it would allow players to ultimately max out everything and cause characters to become universal or too versatile.
    The whole idea behind merit points is to offer many choices and allow players to choose based on their preferences. This way, even though it’s the same job amongst everyone, their proficiencies and roles are different. With that said, by totally removing the cap from merit points, the fundamental purpose would be lost.
    Nothing to do with balance, they just don't want to let everyone do alot, you pick and choose the best things and the rest are a waste of time.
    (0)

I'm fine with a "Pick and Chose" Scenario, But 3 is too limiting. 5 Seems like a Balanced number. 3 Is just an insultingly low amount.

I can get every single WS in the game, Relic, Mythic, Empyrean, etc if i work hard enough... So i don't understand the logic behind making a new set of WS completely unobtainable at max power to the playerbase (I.E they're functionally worthless withput 5 Merits)... But I get that they want them unique.

I just 3 Is too unique, and 5 would be a great compromising middle ground both players and Devs should be able to enjoy.
    (7)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 07-21-2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: SPELLING ERRORZ

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Need to be able to pick 5 not 3. Even 4 would be an absolute minimum at best, 3 are just overtly stingy!!
    (2)

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Why does SE have a problem with letting people spend time gaining the 2,000,000 extra limit points that would be necessary to fully merit two additional weapon skills? It doesn't make sense.
    (5)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast