Thread: 2 crafts to 100

Character
    Capriciousone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Personally I agree with Randnum.

My biggest problem with crafting is that is too cumbersome after 60 for any one craft let alone additional ones. Crafting as a whole is too restrictive even and especially with the crafting key items. Increasing the level cap without fundamentally address base functionality is just not going to excite people to want to bother getting stuff above 60 in multiple crafts if they havent already.

For example, Synergy was supposed to be able to enhance pre-existing Synthesis items beyond what they are but is very limited to which sets can be enhanced and even within the same set only certain evolith can be etched onto each piece. Even more why arent there more recipes that can create basic 76+ general gear using synthesis only especially if synergy is truly supposed to supplement and not replace synthesis?

Key items is another example, the ones where you can enchant ingots but only a select few ingots. When I first started leveling smithing I was thinking " would be cool to make enchanted armor with say protect 1 for low level non mage gamers to help them out through earlier job levels but this isnt oblivion as I soon found out so that killed that thought. Still once you get an key item, why limit it to only a select few ingots, cloths, etc when u spend so much time leveling up crafting to create more powerful items for later levels, only to not be able to enhance it without synergy?

As mentioned what gear can you make past 75 without synergy? Even the stuff u can make that is level 75 the drop rates for ingredients is so horrible that it hardly make it worth going after, especially when you factor in the rarity of skill at that point despite the recipe being higher than your actual skill and even when you do it is rarely higher than a 0.3?

People arent stupid because they dont like their time monopolized in this way by SE and wont "go along to get along" just for a cosmetic 3 digit number next to a craft. Not everybody is that vain. I'm not and neither is Randnum. What is stupid is not seeking to understand before passing judgment.
    (0)

Character
    Duzell
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    The only real advantage i see in another 40 points isn't a 2nd craft to 100, its 2 subcrafts going to 80 for better HQ rates.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Godofgods View Post
    I have said that for a long time. New high levels should have been reflected in the crafts and their levels. Either higher levels for the craft, or redo all previous synth lvls to compensate for new level caps.

However... Its rather irrelevant now since synergy killed the main crafts. Their is no real equipment made for the post 75 era that uses a real craft and only a real craft.
    "Synergy" was SE's attempt at creating level 101+ crafts without having to actually raise the cap. One one hand it worked in creating a new way to make stuff, but on another hand it destroyed the previous crafting system. ~Everything~ is now synergy and while SE thought it would be a good idea to require multiple crafting skills, all this did was reward those who had multiple crafting mules.

SE should also alter the skillup system for crafts, you shouldn't be struggling for .1's and .2s when your within a few levels of the recipes cap. They already boosted the magic / melee skillup system, need to do the same for crafting.
    (0)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    They already boosted the magic / melee skillup system, need to do the same for crafting.
    But that would take away all the fun of crafting!
    (0)

Character
    Risae
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    In my opinion what separates crafters is where they put their Guild Points.

Unfortunately, something like Alchemic Purification does one thing.

It's a fairly awesome 'one thing' given the number of things that now have Doom, but this is basically the main example of what I'm talking about.

Giving us something to actually do with crafts is not the same as 'giving us more crafting to do'.
    (1)
    Last edited by Randnum; 02-12-2012 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Today I learnt that titles on posts look cheesy.

Character
    Ezekieal
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    welll i have my crafting spread out to be as this siuted my rng thf and nin being able to make all the mats for demon arrows shihei and bloody bolts with tier5 on bolts and tier3 on shihei (alch76 ww70 cloth68) but now this is obsolete (bloody bolts and demon arrows)

was looking forward to taking ww to 100 to make gargouelle(sp) arrows as i have synergy75

on a side note finding people willing to help with synergy with w/e craft you need is pretty hard which is a good reason imo why 2 lvl 100 crafts is a good idea
    (0)

Character
    Capriciousone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekieal View Post
    welll i have my crafting spread out to be as this siuted my rng thf and nin being able to make all the mats for demon arrows shihei and bloody bolts with tier5 on bolts and tier3 on shihei (alch76 ww70 cloth68) but now this is obsolete (bloody bolts and demon arrows)

was looking forward to taking ww to 100 to make gargouelle(sp) arrows as i have synergy75

on a side note finding people willing to help with synergy with w/e craft you need is pretty hard which is a good reason imo why 2 lvl 100 crafts is a good idea
    Well me personally this is why i say why bother with just 2 to 100 and just allow them all to goto 100 on one character. The fact is when you have to depend on somebody for something what winds up happening is they either want a cut of what you are crafting or charge you a pretty steep fee for their services which TBH neither I am willing to accept. I rather take the long monotonous road of leveling each craft up individually then either of those. At least this way if I'm not willing to take either as a concession at least I have an alternative instead of being forced to give a cut or pay a steep fee or any fee at all when i can do it all myself for free.
    (0)

Character
    Capriciousone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Duzell View Post
    The only real advantage i see in another 40 points isn't a 2nd craft to 100, its 2 subcrafts going to 80 for better HQ rates.
    Some how I doubt this will increase that rate as this seems like apart of whatever randomized crafting formula they use and probably will never modify it to increase these rates for items that you are at least 2 and 3x beyond the recipe cap.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2