Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zikon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    Just because some people have 2 instances of FFXI running on 1 pc and use windower programs to control the other from the first doesn't mean everyone does, many people just have an Xbox next to the desktop and use a controller.

As for windower being akin to the salvage thing, in an MMO one of the worst things you can do, that will tick off the developers is duping. If you dupe you are gonna get in serious trouble, they take that kind of thing far far more serious than most anything else you can mention (aside from hacking the servers or something).
    Again debate after debate no one will win... I've said my point... if any of you disagree or any of you agree it no longer matters. I have my opinion and if even 1 SE rep reads this out of the several that talk for the English forums and says hey, "You know what maybe hes right how can we better handle stuff like this in the future if anything like this occurs again" then I'm satisfied.

If they let some people back in then Awesome some people should have their old account back. If they don't oh well couldn't hurt but voice my opinion.

If they read this and go hmm. these people who lost their accounts shouldn't ever be punished again even if they openly admit they were banned for salvage duping then awesome again.

And again about the windower thing some of you guys have horribly gross ideas of whats wrong and right its pretty stupid. I know some people play xbox/ps2/ps3 but come on most if not all of you are playing on a PC right now using windower... Your on a forum on a computer... Please
    (1)

Character
    Zikon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothscar View Post
    I don't have to, I've already won. Stop being an idiot.
    Your taking offense and calling someone an idiot over the internet claiming you won..... clearly your right I must be retarded.
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    This thread is guaranteed to be locked/deleted, I'm sure of it. What I'm not sure of though, is why the OP would ask a question like this on this forum of all places. Do you expect a reply from a SE rep? Because I really don't think you'll get one.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Zikon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothscar View Post
    So your only evidence is a slew of self-created hypothetical evidence that you have no grounds to base in reality. Sounds legit.

Considering that you meet the exact definition of the word "idiot", I'd say that it's appropriate terminology.
    Please.... Lol don't insult my intelligence and experience in this game by using hyperbole. Is what you should have said.

What you actually said came out dull and dry.
    (0)

Character
    Eurell
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zikon View Post
    Again debate after debate no one will win... I've said my point... if any of you disagree or any of you agree it no longer matters. I have my opinion and if even 1 SE rep reads this out of the several that talk for the English forums and says hey, "You know what maybe hes right how can we better handle stuff like this in the future if anything like this occurs again" then I'm satisfied.

If they let some people back in then Awesome some people should have their old account back. If they don't oh well couldn't hurt but voice my opinion.

If they read this and go hmm. these people who lost their accounts shouldn't ever be punished again even if they openly admit they were banned for salvage duping then awesome again.

And again about the windower thing some of you guys have horribly gross ideas of whats wrong and right its pretty stupid. I know some people play xbox/ps2/ps3 but come on most if not all of you are playing on a PC right now using windower... Your on a forum on a computer... Please
    How should they have better handled it? People cheated. They knew they were cheating (they were idiots if they didn't). They got banned. That's exactly how it is supposed to happen. AND it had the bonus of being hilarious.

Why should any of them have their accounts back? They broke the rules and have to deal with the consequences.

I don't even understand what you mean with they should never be punished again. Do you mean for the same thing they already got banned for? Or for any future offense?

I also don't understand what you mean by this last paragraph. Do you propose they ban everyone that dualboxes because some people do it by using windower?

This whole post is full of wut
    (12)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Please.... Lol don't insult my intelligence and experience in this game by using hyperbole. Is what you should have said.

What you actually said came out dull and dry.
    Dull and dry yet still conveyed the correct theme. You could just be saying that it was dull and dry because you don't really know half of the words in that sentence, but I'll assume that's not the case.
    (3)
    Last edited by Prothscar; 02-08-2012 at 06:09 AM.

Character
    Mayoress
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 85
    Don't act like you even for a second don't know what I'm talking about.
    Frankly, I don't know what the hell you're talking about. I dual box using my laptop and my old ps2. What part of that is cheating?

SE has its own windower. I know because I use it. Being able to play and post on the forums isn't inherently cheating.

Holy Christ
    (16)
    Last edited by Aldersyde; 02-08-2012 at 10:22 AM.

clearly your right I must be retarded.
    you're*

Quote Originally Posted by Aldersyde View Post
    Frankly, I don't know what the hell you're talking about. I dual box using my laptop and my old ps2. What part of that is cheating?

SE has it's own windower. I know because I use it. Being able to play and post on the forums isn't inherently cheating.

Holy Christ
    There's many, many ways to play more than 1 account at a time that doesn't involve cheating. You can use seperate systems, and even partition your hard drive, and run a separate FFXI off each one on the same PC without using windower. Anyone who thinks the only thing someone could be doing was using windower is obviously just dumb.
    (4)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Babygyrl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Don't act like you even for a second don't know what I'm talking about.
    I guess me and my husband playing ffxi in the same room next to each other is cheating too!
    (3)
    *BabyGyrl* Ragnarok Server~ 99 THF WHM RDM BLM DRG Husband Doluka <3

Quote Originally Posted by Babygyrl View Post
    I guess me and my husband playing ffxi in the same room next to each other is cheating too!
    Extramarital dual-boxing... giggety
    (4)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast