Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59
  1. #11
    Player Prothscar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    634
    Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You're implying that you require Windower to Dual Box. Salvage bans were the result of morons exploiting a broken game mechanic to duplicate drops, Dual Boxing is controlling two characters at once, which is not against the ToS.
    (12)

  2. #12
    Player Karbuncle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Zikon View Post
    Yeah I am........

    Lets break it down

    Salvage bans were created because it was an unfair advantage over regular players...

    Windower abilitys give you an unfair advantage over regular players....

    I'm not hating on either i'm just giving you an example of why salvage bans were unfair. They could have handed out suspensions to good well mannered adventurers that steered down the wrong path and taken the gear away. The players that had several strikes against their account already could have been banned (normal process for people with too many strikes) The entire thing was handled wrong..

    My point is SE should revisit salvage bans and let some people back into the game after 2 years.

    My other point is SE should revisit salvage bans and lift the curse off them (If the people who were banned by salvage are playing they shouldn't be punished again if they are good well mannered players)
    No. The Salvage ban weren't "Created because it was an unfair advantage over regular players", you can attempt to skew and distort the actual reason to the most basic generic vague description possible, which you have, it won't change the fact that there's a distinct difference between exploiting an obvious glitch to duplicate drops, and using a second character to help you, Of which you can actually easily do without Windower... Its call an Xbox, a Laptop, a Ps2/PS3... so forth.

    Do I think they should have just mass banned/Suspended nearly everyone without any warning? No, not at all!

    But everyone caught knew what they were doing, Not expecting any sort of repercussions is nothing short of delusional.

    This is an old played out debate, Only people defending it are those who were caught in the ban or know someone who was. It was an obvious an exploit as i've ever seen, and people ignoring it are as delusional as the proverbial "Ignoring the Elephant in the room" types.

    Edit: Maybe they should revisit it, But I'm willing to bet those who were banned by it have moved on or created new characters... Or perhaps, You were one of those banned?
    (9)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 02-08-2012 at 04:53 AM.

  3. #13
    Player Zikon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    44
    Character
    Zikon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothscar View Post
    You're implying that you require Windower to Dual Box. Salvage bans were the result of morons exploiting a broken game mechanic to duplicate drops, Dual Boxing is controlling two characters at once, which is not against the ToS.
    Don't act like you even for a second don't know what I'm talking about.
    (4)

  4. #14
    Player Runespider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,361
    Character
    Snickerz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 4
    A lot of the people that were baned over this were banned for duplicating Sandworm drops, which was a far bigger exploit. Those drops were worth millions each and they farmed them daily, they knew they were doing wrong and that Square would fix it but they abused the hell out of it thinking Square would just let it slide. They didn't.

    Also no way in hell they will reverse old bans, it's hard enough to reverse mistaken banning let alone this.
    (3)

  5. #15
    Player Zikon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    44
    Character
    Zikon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    No. The Salvage ban weren't "Created because it was an unfair advantage over regular players", you can attempt to skew and distort the actual reason to the most basic generic vague description possible, which you have, it won't change the fact that there's a distinct difference between exploiting an obvious glitch to duplicate drops, and using a second character to help you, Of which you can actually easily do without Windower... Its call an Xbox, a Laptop, a Ps2/PS3... so forth.

    Do I think they should have just mass banned/Suspended nearly everyone without any warning? No, not at all!

    But everyone caught knew what they were doing, Not expecting any sort of repercussions is nothing short of delusional.

    This is an old played out debate, Only people defending it are those who were caught in the ban or know someone who was. It was an obvious an exploit as i've ever seen, and people ignoring it are as delusional as the proverbial "Ignoring the Elephant in the room" types.
    Exactly my point.... It can be debated over and over again.... The point is that was 2 years ago.

    Ok then let me revise this USING any windower ability not just duo boxing gives you an unfair advantage over other players. so thats cheating plain and simple.
    (1)

  6. #16
    Player Prothscar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    634
    Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zikon View Post
    Don't act like you even for a second don't know what I'm talking about.
    Unless you have unquestionable proof to the contrary, not every Dual Boxer is using Windower. Your argument is flawed and invalid.
    (9)

  7. #17
    Player Runespider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,361
    Character
    Snickerz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 4
    Don't act like you even for a second don't know what I'm talking about.
    Just because some people have 2 instances of FFXI running on 1 pc and use windower programs to control the other from the first doesn't mean everyone does, many people just have an Xbox next to the desktop and use a controller.

    As for windower being akin to the salvage thing, in an MMO one of the worst things you can do, that will tick off the developers is duping. If you dupe you are gonna get in serious trouble, they take that kind of thing far far more serious than most anything else you can mention (aside from hacking the servers or something).
    (2)

  8. #18
    Player Zikon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    44
    Character
    Zikon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothscar View Post
    Unless you have unquestionable proof to the contrary, not every Dual Boxer is using Windower. Your argument is flawed and invalid.
    Please.... Try again
    (0)

  9. #19
    Player Nynja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    730
    Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    the amount of stupid in this thread by one poster can not be measured in levels of stupid. We need a higher unit of measurement. Kilostupids? Megastupids, sounds good there, but terrastupids makes more sense.
    (5)

  10. #20
    Player Prothscar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    634
    Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zikon View Post
    Please.... Try again
    I don't have to, I've already won. Stop being an idiot.
    (5)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast