Thread: Dancer ideas

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisstreb View Post
    if i recall right, Climactic doesn't stack on WS's does it?
    Climactic forces a crit on the first hit of WSs that can already Crit, but does not affect WSs that cannot crit. It's basically just Evisceration for us.
    (1)

Character
    Niniann
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I agree with Suirieko, some of the ideas were interesting/useful, but a whole lot of them aren't particularly useful, and some are overpowered.

Something not mentioned that I'd like to see is a new Samba. In party situations with x2 March and haste spell, Haste Samba is completely useless. To top that off, Drain/Aspir are useless as well. Dancer needs a buffing ability that will make it desired, and unfortunately I'm not quite sure what it needs to be. Perhaps a Samba or Aura(could even be sphere-like) effect that acts like a mini Razed Ruins, etc. We need a powerful buff or we'll just be completely phased out, used only as a solo job.

As it stands now, DNC has not earned it's party slot, and I'd like to see that changed.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    TP drain Samba that depends on base delay?
    (1)

Character
    Niniann
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yeah, that'd help. Probably would need some other buff as well.
    (0)

Character
    Ilnezhara
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I would like to say that i like all your ideas, except Unleashed Flourish. While it would be an interesting concept, DNC can already to solo darkness skillchains. I'll admit, it take 5 finishing moves, but it does significant damage.

I really loved the idea of Formal Dance. It would make the job much more enjoyable, and would give it a slightly better method of tanking.
    (0)

Character
    Numpty
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    I like the idea of a Dispel flourish, think DNC needs that from day one
    (0)
    90's x 10

BST is AWLAYS best! If you are a BST, I SALUTE YOU

-Eldelphia - THIS SPELLING MISTAKE WILL STAY HERE JUST FOR YOU AWLAYS lmfao!!take that stick out your arse LOL

Character
    Numpty
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    also pets benefiting from sambas was taken out just after DNC was released, I guess they deemed it unfair or w/e, shame really, but proves it can be brought back in if they needed it to be
    (0)
    90's x 10

BST is AWLAYS best! If you are a BST, I SALUTE YOU

-Eldelphia - THIS SPELLING MISTAKE WILL STAY HERE JUST FOR YOU AWLAYS lmfao!!take that stick out your arse LOL

Character
    Leonstrife
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I like all but the "Formal Dance" idea, specifically the last stipulation to the ability. It seems like a good "tank mode" but no WS would make it very hard to tank. There should however be some sort of "main heal mode", I agree. Dnc is touted as a healer but is sadly very lacking in this department.

Hopefully Square Enix will take note of some of what the OP, myself, and others suggest. Dnc being my main, I have become painfully aware of the limitations to my Curing and Buffing potential. Most notably, the only truly USEFUL Waltz (those with a recast 8sec or LESS) can not cure a significant enough amount of HP. Waltz potency needs to be enhanced, and recast for higher tier waltz needs to be drastically reduced to make Dnc show any semblance of being a "healing/support" class (You see any other reasonable "Cure" with a Twenty Three Second Recast? I think not). The fact of the matter is Dnc just can not stack up in this respect, even with the best gear available to the job. My RDM is horrible, and very weak in terms of a healing class, but I would still recommend using it over Dnc for any healing or buffing duties hands down in any and all situations. To me this is saddening because I love Dnc so much.

Dnc also is lacking in the enhancement department for party members. The only really viable option to use as a Samba in group situations is Haste samba, with Drain being a mediocre 2nd when shit hits the fan or on tough solos. The additional limitation of only being able to activate one of these at a time makes them far inferior to any other supporting roll job, filling more of an "afterthought if we have a free space" job. That free space however is often just as aptly filled by almost any other class with little to no change in overall performance.

Lack of versatility on the battlefield is also noticeable, I agree with many peoples requests that a "Dispel" ability could help with this issue. Enhancing my damage dealing potential is one thing, and can be fun! But I would rather have much more revision in the way of being a "Versatile entertainer" as the job adjustment notes calls it.

In summary, Dnc is a very fun and useful job, but its roll and what it brings to a fight is very easily filled by an assortment of other classes, and makes Dnc not worth the slot in a party if it means sacrificing having another job in that place. So I hope to see a decent amount of overhaul in this regard.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kit_Katz; 07-16-2011 at 08:16 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4